Magic Ink IV: Ken and Kell
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2012 by Uncle Jim

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 6 - In this book of Magic Ink, Ken and Kell set out for Ireland in the Other Reality to find Wives. Things quickly get a lot more complicated than they thought they would as the Cousins are required to pursue separate paths to find their mates, and soon find themselves in unforeseen adventures.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   ft/ft   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Magic   Slavery   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Pregnancy  

"And why would a young Apprentice like you be wanting to go to Castle Glenquin? The owner is also the Master Wizard there and not noted for his generosity, nor hospitality," the man at the market in An Caislean Nua inquired when I asked him about Glenquin Castle.

"He's the very devil himself," a woman nearby injected in a shrill voice.

"Still, I have been directed to see him, if only for a short time," I told them.

"If you're determined then, take the road south to the Mahoonagh crossroads. It's about two miles or so. There take the road on the right which leads to Killeedy in more or less four miles. The castle is just a short distance past Killeedy. You'll be able to see the top of it from Killeedy," he assured me.

My horse had cooled down in the shade here while I ate at the market, and I watered and fed him more grain before we set out for Killeedy. It was nearly an hour past noon when we left An Caislean Nua.

I nearly missed the crossroads, as the right hand road was not marked and was in poor shape, not an unusual condition in this Ireland. It didn't appear to be used a lot from the weeds growing on it. The ride through the rolling country from the crossroads to Killeedy was much longer than the ride to it had been, so it was well into the afternoon when I arrived in Killeedy.

Killeedy wouldn't be difficult to miss, as it was a very small village. By the time I reached Killeedy, however, I wasn't looking for the village or paying any attention to it. I could already sense two distinct Talents in the area. One was a Magic Talent, but wasn't even as strong as Great Grandfather Mark was. The other one had my hopes up for it was that of an Earth Mage, and a very strong one.

Glenquin castle, from the Celtic 'Gleann Choim' which means "the Glen of the Shelter", was a mile or so on the far side of Killeedy. I stopped at the top of a rise near there to observe it for a time. I could see a square tower house surrounded by a high walled bawn inside of which was visible what appeared to be a hall and other buildings. Outside the bawn I could see that there were a number of cottages, farm houses, and other buildings, barns, pens and such, related to farming. This area too was surrounded by a stone wall, but a low one.

I continued down the road and into the swale created by the hill that I had just crossed and the somewhat lower hill that the castle sat on. There was a grove of trees in the swale with a stream running through it. I unsaddled my horse, and gave him a good brushing down before allowing him to drink water from the stream. I fed him some grain after he had slaked his thirst. I noted that I would need more grain shortly.

While he had been drinking, I used a mantra to create a special ward in the ground around the grove that would keep the horse inside it, and other dangerous animals, especially wolves and humans, from entering it. There was sufficient grass inside the warded area to keep him happy and well fed for several days plus there was water in the small stream. Having cared for my transportation, I transferred closer to the outside of the walls surrounding the bawn to get a clearer idea of the castle and its surroundings.

The curtain wall around the bawn appeared to be about fifteen feet high and was crenelated with the merlons adding an additional three feet of height. There were walkways behind the parapets at the top of the walls for men to walk guard and to fight from in times of war or attack by bandits.

I estimated that the walls on this south side of the enclosure to be about eighty-five feet long. The main gate was located on this side and it was a little over six feet wide, and the pointed arch opening was about nine feet in high in the center. The thick oak gates were set back about a foot or so from the outer edge of the gray stone walls. They were presently open. Attached to the entryway walls on heavy hinges near their outer edges were the yetts. These are large iron grills composed of alternate thick horizontal and vertical iron bars spaced about seven inches apart. The yetts opened outward and the gates opened inward.

Above the entrance was a machicolation, which projected out from the wall and was supported on corbels. There were openings in the bottom of it so the defenders could protect the main entrance by firing arrows at those below, or dropping rocks or various hot liquids on them. The position of the yett would also make it difficult to set fire to the wooden doors of the main gate which were set back from it.

I continued my investigation on the east side of the enclosure which also appeared to be about eighty-five feet long. It was very plain only having slit openings in the wall for archers to fire arrows through at attackers. An additional guard tower was located on the north-east corner. This square tower projected out from the wall about ten feet or so. It was taller than the walls and looked to be two stories high with a walking / fighting roof top which was also crenelated. It offered protection to the east wall which didn't have a walkway along its top. It was of the same gray stone construction as the walls and all appeared to be of a similar age and construction. I saw no one on guard there, just as I hadn't on the south wall.

The north wall was similar to the south wall and only had a few narrow slit windows for firing arrows from, although it did have walkways, and the projecting walls of the tower on this side also offered it more protection. There was no entrance on the north wall.

It was the west wall of the eclosure that was different. Here, partway down the length of the wall, the rear wall of the tower house was incorporated into the perimeter wall. This was also the face of the tower that had the extra height that I had seen from my previous position on the crest of the hill. The west end wall of the tower was carried up one story higher than the other three walls and formed a tower-wide elongated turret with its own rampart walls as the highest parts of the building. The view from there would be unobstructed for miles.

While moving down this side of the enclosure, I used a mantra to check the thickness of the walls. The curtain walls of the bawn appeared to be about two and a-half feet thick up to about twelve feet high or so, where the parapet started. The walls of the tower house though, at least on this side, and I suspected the others would be the same, were of limestone and were some six feet thick at the ground floor level. Their thickness was somewhat less in the upper stories, and I could tell that the walls were battered, that is slopped inward slightly so that each floor would be slightly smaller than the one below it. The angle was sufficient for the top floor to be at least two feet smaller in each direction than the ground floor was.

I continued down the wall to the southwest corner. There had only been the ever present arrow slit windows along this wall. In the upper stories of the tower I had seen larger, wider windows, but they were well above the height where attackers would be able to take advantage of them.

So much for the exterior. I needed to get inside and see what was going on. When I had touched the tower wall, I had sensed the Mage in there even more sharply. While a huge Talent, she, as it was definitely a female, was in great pain and very distraught. I needed to get to her and relieve her pain plus do whatever else I could to help her.

I quickly cast the improved invisibility spell that my Brothers, Cousins, and I had developed. It didn't require someone to keep it in active. Then I simply walked up along the south side of the bawn wall and through the entry gate. There was a ward spell in the curtain wall all of the way around the bawn, but it was a weak excuse for a ward, and I had passed through it with no trouble. There had been no guards at the entrance, and in any case no one could see me because of the invisibility spell. I did notice that the wooden gates appeared to be over three inches thick.

One of the first things that I noticed on entering the bawn was that there was a lot of storage along the inside of the walls below the walkways which were supported on posts every eight to ten feet. The next thing was the long building along the east side of the bawn. It was two stories high with the bottom story being quite tall and the second story extending partway into the roof of the building. There was a chimney at each end of the building. There appeared to be a lot of activity at the far end of this building, and as I approached it, I could smell food cooking. There was also an outdoor oven and a well just past the building.

The square guard tower was also in the northeast corner and the walkways on the walls ran right up to it with doors to enter the tower at their ends. Along the north wall were two smaller buildings. From the smell, the farther one held a stable, and a blacksmith shop while the other one was some kind of barracks for the guards. There was nothing else to see in the bawn and I turned to examine the tower house itself.

The tower house appeared to be about thirty-five feet square near its base on the ground floor. There was a yett, that swung outward to open, covering the ground level entrance in the center of the east tower wall. The doorway here was again a pointed arch at the top. The wooden door behind the yett opened inward, and I could see a second door about five feet behind the first one which was recessed behind the yett, just as the entry gates had been.

I transferred inside past the closed yett and both doors. I noticed that there was another slightly stronger ward spell around the tower, but passed through it easily. I did notice that these doors were a little thinner than those of the entry gate, being only about two and a-half inches thick. There were thick metal draw-bars to secure the doors when closed against intruders.

The chamber that I was now in was about twenty-three feet wide, and the south side was seventeen feet or so deep. This was the side that I could see held the spiral stairwell that gave access to the upper floors of the tower. The stairway was built into the massively thick walls of the southeast corner of the tower. There was another yett gate that opened outward covering the entrance to the stairwell.

There were a number of arrow slit windows in the walls of the ground floor. They were much broader and higher on the inside and tapered to the narrow slit windows visible on the outside of the building. There were also shutters to close them off so that an enemy couldn't shoot through them at those inside. There were a number of carpenter's tools and wood stacked in the room.

It was the northeast corner of the room that really held my attention, however. The main room here was only thirteen feet deep, and there was a closed and locked door in the inner wall. I could detect the powerful Talent and the great pain of the Mage behind that door. I transferred into the room behind the door and got the shock of my life.

I found myself in a room perhaps seven and a-half feet wide by nine feet long. The two outer walls were the exterior limestone walls of the tower. The two remaining interior walls were of a later and somewhat cruder addition and appeared to be about two and a-half feet thick. There was filthy straw on the floor plus a pail used as a latrine and another for water. The only light came from an arrow slit window in the north wall, and it was noticeably colder in here. There were also shackles on the wall and a wooden bed platform. What had caused my shock and now held my attention, however, was the naked girl slumped over the bed platform.

The young female lying half on and half off of the sleeping platform had been brutally whipped. Her back was a mass of bleeding cuts, and scars from previous beatings. Her wrists were red and chafed from where she had been shackled to the wall while being abused. I was shocked beyond belief that someone with the level of Talent that I could feel that she possessed would allow something like this to happen to them. I just stood there for a time before doing anything.

"I've come to help you," I finally said in a quiet voice. The results of my words were a surprise. The girl's body actually flinched and jerked, but she was unable to rise from her position over the edge of the bed platform.

"Nooo ... no more!" she moaned through her tears. I quickly crossed the short space between us. She obviously hadn't sensed my presence, and my words had certainly startled her. I knelt down beside her.

"Do not worry, little Mage. I'm not here to hurt you. I will heal your injuries, then we will be able to talk," I assured her before placing a hand on either side of her back and starting a mantra to heal her while sending soothing thoughts to her mind. The contact with her bare skin made this very easy to do.

I healed the nerve endings that were causing her so much pain first. She gradually stopped crying and the sobs subsided also, but her breathing was still ragged for some time after that. After a while she was much better. The cuts on her back were healing nicely and I removed the last of the pain from the whipping. Even the bruises on her wrists from the shackles had healed, but I was sure that she would always remember this all of her life along with all of the other beating that she had received.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.