Bill Sutherland. 6 in STOPWATCH - Cover

Bill Sutherland. 6 in STOPWATCH

Copyright© 2012 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 2: While the cat's away...

They had an airplane ... Blue ... huh?

After they got DD home, Mina and Bill were just starting getting ready for the airport. I mean, how fast can a blue plane fly? They had had lunch and babied DD some more ... just to make sure she knew she was loved ... even if she was broke ... broke, but healing.

Bill got one of her fantastic throat jobs and had a little recovery time. They were just loading up in the homebuilt Dodge Town-Wagon 4x4 with the 340 in it, when Laurel Fox, Megan's mom, blocked them in.

She was in a panic ... pretty close to a full bore pandemonium panic ... but not yet. "Megan is in trouble. I need to get to New Orleans right away. If I rent a plane, will you take me, Mina? I really need to get going. I'm so nervous I shouldn't be driving. Bill, will you take us to the airport and bring my car back?"

This was all said in about two seconds and nobody understood a word that she said, except for the Megan's in trouble part. That they got right away. They made her come inside and get some water and slow down so they could understand her.

DD helped a lot. DD understood panic ... she'd just lived through a couple of major panics herself ... and her healing brain, the one that said, 'I can', got Laurel to slow down.

She said, "Megan's dad fell overboard. The sharks got him. I understand it was because he kicked, or tripped, or something, over Pyewacket."

That got a look. No one knew Pye was gone.

"She was here last yesterday ... morning ... I think," said DD. "I must be wrong ... if she's in New Orleans with Megan, she's in New Orleans." But she did look in Pye's favorite places and, sure enough, Pyewacket was gone.

"I want to rent a plane to get to New Orleans and protect my baby."

"Yes, Ma'am. We were just on our way to the airport to sign for the plane Megan bought for us. It's being delivered ... oh, you didn't know?"

"Megan bought you a plane? How did she do that? ... didn't know what?"

"Megan won big money at Harrahs ... great big money ... loads. The taxes were 24 million." She paused, "Bill, get Laurel a drink of water and a cold washcloth. Maybe that'll bring her around."

DD said, "You know, Mina ... you could have led up to that gently. She's already in panic mode ... Thanks, Bill." DD started wiping Laurel's face.

"Wow, Mina ... you think you could have been a trifle more subtle about the money?" Bill asked.

The water was applied ... inside and out. While Mrs. Fox was still reeling from that tidbit, Megan's phone rang.

"Sutherland."

"Yes, sir, I know Megan Fox."

"You're at the airport?"

"What part?"

"That's perfect ... see if you can get the secretary to run for some lunch. We're in a crisis here so we'll be maybe an hour."

"She will? Great! We'll reimburse you ... can you get the plane refueled?"

"Yeah, we'll pay for that, too. You can charge that to me. They know I'm good for it."

Chapter 3 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.