The Tales of Tanitsar - Cover

The Tales of Tanitsar

Copyright© 2012 by Argon

Chapter 16: Deep Waters

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 16: Deep Waters - This is the story of Macro, Prince and heir to the throne of Tanitsar, and how he ended slavery in his homeland. It is also the story of Thesia, a slave girl who becomes the linchpin for the unfolding events, of Alana, a lonely, unhappy princess who has to hide her disfigured face, of Anais, a freed slave and tactical genius, and of Pilar, Thesia's sister and rival, who is desperate to show her mettle. My first attempt at Fantasy.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Harem   First   Oral Sex  

Indeed, as Trebo had predicted, an envoy from Hanilei arrived in Tanitsar a month after Anais' wedding. It was Lelis of all people, Pilar's wayward fiancé. He was received by the Chief Envoy Tergus and delivered a note from the Eldermen.

Pilar saw him as he left Tergus' offices an hour later. As planned with Javila, she walked along the corridors just as Lelis stepped out. There was an awkward silence at first. Pilar stared at him wordlessly.

"Pilar! You here, in the Royal Palace?" Lelis exclaimed as if he had not known that.

"Lelis! You here, in the Royal Palace?" Pilar answered snidely. Javila and Pilar had agreed that she was to treat him with disdain. He had abandoned her after all. To forgive him readily would look suspicious, for one. Treating him brusquely would also give Pilar the upper hand. After all, he wanted something from her!

"Are you still angry with me?" he asked.

What a stupid question! Pilar asked herself what she had ever seen in this man. She snorted.

"No, not really. The thought of being tied down in a marriage with you instead of this," she spread her arms, indicating the grandeur of the New Palace, "is silly now."

He was clearly taken aback. "I thought you cared for me," he pouted, looking quite childish.

"Well ... and I thought you cared for me. Isn't life full of surprises?"

"Didn't Trebo tell you? I do care for you, Pilar. When my father ordered me to break the engagement, I was crestfallen."

Pilar almost laughed. He had been so crestfallen that he had to console himself with one of Pilar's former friends. She put a pout on her lips, though.

"How do you think I felt? First you dumped me, then my father abandoned us. For weeks, we lived with the Elderman Brugar and then, of all people, my little sister shows up as a princess! Crestfallen? Hah! Try humiliated!"

"Oh Pilar, I'm sorry, really. But you know, maybe we can still have a future. Did Trebo tell you? I just delivered a proposal to end the quarrel between us and Tanitsar. We need to know how it is received within the royal family."

"Yes, but I will only relay the gossip as I hear it. Queen Javila trusts me, and I am an officer of the court. I shall not risk that on the vague chance that your father might reconsider."

There, she had laid out the bait. Was there a smirk on Lelis face? If yes, he covered it quickly.

"Just the gossip, Pilar. It's only so that I can claim that you secretly work for Hanilei, to convince my father."

Pilar nodded, as if swayed. "Go now, Lelis, before we are discovered!" she urged him as if concerned for his well-being.

She watched him as he strode along the corridor and around the corner leading him to the guard house, and a disdainful smile played around her lips. The fool really thought she'd forgiven him! Ha! He'd learn her mind soon enough.

"Don't discount him as stupid yet, or the people who pull his strings," Javila's voice interrupted her thoughts. "Mayhap he is laughing at you right this minute, having made you believe his "stupid" act was real."

Pilar turned to her mentor and lowered her head. "You are right, Javila. Knowing him, I cannot think of him as a mastermind, but the people behind him may be. I shall be less arrogant."

If she felt any arrogance, Kiochi surely drove that out of her in their afternoon session. They had graduated from strength building exercises to simple strikes and blocks. Simple for Kiochi, that was. To Pilar it felt as if she had bruises on top of her bruises from blocking his lightning jabs and from having her own strikes blocked. Yet she remained committed, and Kiochi showed some grudging respect when the session ended.

The hot bath afterwards restored her somewhat, to the point that she could get some work finished. That done, she visited with Queen Regula under some pretence, picking up the harmless gossip from the attending chambermaids. Regula made a few remarks about the proposal delivered by Lelis, discounting it as a first offer that would be upped later in negotiations.

Pilar was to have no knowledge of Hanilei's proposal, something Javila and she had agreed upon. If she did not know, she could not slip. Instead, she soaked up the remarks and memorised them for later reference. She visited with Javila too before the queen retired to the private royal quarters, and Javila spoke casually of the proposal as if the two of them were not in collusion.

Then, when the queens withdrew to the private wing of the palace, Pilar sat at supper with the other courtiers. The rumours and gossip here were more open but also far less accurate, as Pilar knew. Nevertheless, she memorised the main topics.

That evening, she sat down and wrote a brief report of what she had heard, under the day's date. She filled almost an entire page with her precise, small handwriting, and she chuckled inwardly thinking that very senior officials would pore over her gossip collection, desperate to find clues.

The next day, the rumour mill at the palace was in full swing. King Odar had discussed the Hanilei proposal with the Queens at the breakfast table, and the servants ran their mouths. Inwardly, Pilar was appalled that the royal family had no privacy at all, even with only their confidential servants around. When she commented to Javila, the Queen smiled sardonically.

"If they can't gossip, they can't feel important. In this case, it will help your cause."

"I still cannot see what they can gain by making me report gossip," Pilar mused. "Of course, the fact that I write down the gossip may make me vulnerable to blackmail, but it's so minor compared with real treason."

Javila thought about it. "You may have something, Pilar. What if they don't want you to spy?"

Pilar's eyes narrowed. "You mean, they just want to establish some contact with me? And then, what?"

"I don't know. We need to confer with the family. I have a bad feeling, suddenly."

Pilar stared at her. "You think it too? You think they may try to get close to me to gain entry to the Palace?"

Javila nodded gravely. "You must remember that a lot of wealth rides on the ownership of our ore mines. Ebonas and Lithris are free to weave their conspiracy, perhaps even with the tacit support of some of the Eldermen. These waters may be deeper than we anticipated. Until further notice we shall invoke increased security. I shall inform Odar of our suspicion."


Thesia went over her calendar again. It had to be, there was no other way. Her cycle was twenty-eight days, always had been, even under duress. Now she was past her days, for the second time without the bleeding setting in. It was no fluke, no error. She was indeed with child!

Alana was suspecting the same, but her menses were often irregular anyway, and she was not sure yet. Thesia debated with herself briefly, but then, instead of rushing into Macro's office, she crossed the hall and entered Alana's study. Alana looked up and smiled.

"That fellow, Veranus, he wrote with a wonderful style," she said, referring to the bound book on her desk. Very late in their history, the Old People had abandoned scrolls for bound books.

"Yes, he did," Thesia agreed. "Alana, darling, I am quite certain now that I am bearing Macro's child."

Alana's hazel eyes lighted up, unmistakably showing her delight. She stood and hugged her sister-wife.

"Oh Thesia, my sweet sister, this is wonderful! Does Macro know?"

Thesia shook her head.

"I wanted to wait, to be sure, and also to give you time to find out too."

"You are so sweet! Really, Thesia, so sweet to think of my feelings! Macro deserves to know, though. Besides, I feel different too. I not only missed my bleeding, but I feel queasy in the mornings. Let us tell our prince at dinner tonight!"

"Are you certain? This would make it perfect for me," Thesia beamed. "Should we forewarn Anais?"

"You are right, Thesia. We must tell her, lest she feel left out by us," Alana agreed.

The chance to speak with Anais did not come up over the day, and so Thesia and Alana waylaid their co-wife shortly before dinner.

"You should know this before we announce it, Anais," Alana began.

"Yes, at dinner tonight we will tell Macro that we are with child."

Anais' delight was genuine as she wrapped her long arms around her sister-wives in a three-way hug.

"I am so happy for you, and for Macro! I hope I will catch too, and soon. Have you told Pilar?"

"No, but she'll be here at dinner," Thesia replied. "I hardly see her anymore, with all her work for Javila and her — other obligations."

"She is dedicated to her duties," Anais agreed.

"Perhaps even too much so," Alana added. "She's become so skinny. She was slender before, but now..."

"She eats well, so it must be the hard work in the palace that keeps her thin," Thesia said with an emphasis. Pilar's exercises with Kiochi were kept a secret, and even when they thought they were alone, Thesia did not allow any discussion of Pilar's combat training.

Pilar really was thin, Thesia thought when she saw her sister at table. Yet, looking at her closely, Thesia could see that she was not emaciated, but rather sinewy. She knew of Kiochi's nickname for her sister, and after more than three months, Silver Willow had become fitting.

The sisters locked eyes for a moment, and Thesia thought she saw worry in Pilar's look. Their non-verbal exchange was interrupted when Macro entered with Lamas and Jolia. Thesia noticed an air of wariness in her husband, attuned as she was to Macro's feelings. She also saw that he and Lamas were wearing swords to the dinner table and that the doors to the room were guarded more heavily than was usual.

Thesia exchanged a look with her sister-wives and shook her head. Something was afoot, and this was not the time to tell Macro of their hopes. Alana nodded her understanding. The meal was taken with little talk.

After the dinner, Macro excused himself with duties at the palace. Pilar remained behind briefly and she took Anais to the side, speaking urgently to her. Thesia could see the tension in Anais' posture, and when they retired to Macro's wing, Anais changed into her guard uniform, complete with a lightweight brigandine. She also girded herself with her fine sword. Thesia looked at her sister-wife imploringly.

"Pilar told me to arm myself and to be ready to take command of my old Guard troop. They expect an attempt on the King tonight. That's all I know."

"There must be some treachery," Alana said quietly. "Call in your mother, with Tamar and Ella, and let us lock ourselves in."

"Jolia should be with us too. But shouldn't we alert the Guards?" Thesia asked.

Anais shook her head. "No, just family. Not all the Guard's soldiers can be trusted."

A little while later, Eloa came, with Tamar and Ella, and the women closed the door. They opened it again for Jolia, who was tense too. Walls and doors in the private wings were sturdy enough to offer protection. Feeling secure herself, Thesia worried over Macro, knowing that he would be the second target after Odar, but Anais shook her head.

"You have never seen Macro fighting. If he is warned, there isn't a man on this earth who could best him."


After talking to Anais, Pilar rushed back to the Palace. She had to prepare herself. This morning, when she dropped another short summary of palace gossip with Trebo, she was surprised to find Lelis with him. He read the report and shook his head, then told her he had come with another proposal to end the quarrel with Tanitsar. He asked her to meet him outside the Palace, three hours after sundown.

Pilar almost ran back to the Palace. This was it. They were up to something. Who they were, she did not know, but the rendezvous had to be some sort of trap. She told Javila, and then she was dragged in front of King Odar to repeat what she knew.

Lamas and Macro were summoned next, and they decided on a strategy. Pilar was to meet Lelis and play along. Meanwhile, Lamas would pick twenty of the most reliable Guard soldiers, to shield the King and the Queens.

On the spur of a moment, Pilar had warned Anais after supper to be prepared. Who knew what else the conspirators were plotting, and Anais had to fear revenge from the friends of old Botho.

Now Pilar dressed very carefully in a silk dress that Kiochi had helped her design. It was lightweight, warm, and allowed a wide range of movements. She also bound her hair in a fresh braid and concealed three star-shaped throwing disks, hira-shuriken, in her sash. Two double-edged fighting knives in their sheaths were strapped to her lower arms, covered by the sleeves. She could handle Lelis.

Still, she had a sense of foreboding when she left the castle. She saw Lelis across the square, and when she approached him, she saw a shadowy figure at his side. She had to fight a brief panic, but she forced herself into calmness.

"Hello. Thank you for coming, my Love," Lelis greeted her.

"Who is he?" Pilar asked, nodding towards the man in the shadow.

"He's my body guard. I'm here on behalf of the Eldermen, after all, and somebody must protect me and the secrets I carry."

Pilar was fully alert, but the man beside Lelis still surprised her when he suddenly held a knife to her throat.

"Be quiet, little girl, or I'll slit your throat!" he threatened.

"Are you crazy? What are you... ?" Lelis protestations were cut short when the assassin swiped his throat with a second knife.

"I guess, I don't need him anymore," the man grinned. "Now, my sweet, move!"

Keeping the knife at Pilar's throat, he directed her through the darkness, away from the Palace. It took only a few steps for Pilar to realise how they had misjudged their adversaries. The assassin was leading her towards the Princes' Palace! The aim was not to kill Odar, but to extinguish the next generation, Macro, Lamas and their wives.

Thesia! No, she would never let this man hurt her sister, even if she had to die herself. Then again, if she refused to go, he would kill her and he might still gain access. He could not know that Pilar carried weapons of her own, and he could not know that she had become somewhat of an assassin herself under Kiochi's tutoring. She had to wait for an opening.

She could see the Princes' Palace ahead, and her worst fear proved true when the Guard soldier on duty at the gate gave the assassin a short salute.

"Now, my sweet, you will show me to your sister. You be a good little girl, and I might just let you live."

The knife pressed against Pilar's throat, drawing blood.

"What do you want of my sister?" she whispered.

"I hear she's good looking," the man chuckled. "Maybe I'll have some fun with her. I hear the scarface may be a good fuck too. You can all entertain me until the mighty Black Prince comes home to his harem."

Pilar almost stomped her foot in anger. How could they not have thought of this? Now they were inside, and to her horror, Pilar saw the dead bodies of two more Guard soldiers.

"Where are they?" the man hissed.

"They are in the East Wing," Pilar whimpered as if mortally afraid.

Inside, cold hatred at the man had taken over. She knew that he would have to let go of her once the door to Macro's private rooms opened. She hugged herself, as if shivering with fright and gripped the two knives under her sleeve.

They were at the door now.

"Knock and announce yourself!"

Thinking quickly, Pilar obeyed. She knocked. It took a few moments, but then she heard Tamar's voice. "Who is it?"

"It is me, Pilar. I forgot my earrings after supper."

Anybody who knew Pilar, and how she hated her ears, knew that she never, ever wore earrings. Pilar fervently hoped that Anais would take the cue. The door opened, but to her dismay Pilar saw that it was Tamar. The man pushed Pilar forward roughly.

"Be quiet, all of you!" he ordered. "One word and I'll cut her throat!"

There was no use in waiting. Taking a shuddering breath Pilar separated her arms and stabbed backwards with both knives. She suspected he wore some sort of body armour, and she aimed both knives at the inside of his thighs where the big leg arteries lay. The excellent steel of the Nipom-made combat knives tore through cloth, skin and muscles, and the man screamed in agony. Pilar relaxed her muscles and let herself collapse to the ground, surprising the assassin. She felt a burning sensation at her cheek where the knife had cut her skin open as she dropped, but she rolled to the side and flipped back to her feet, ready to fight.

Even as she readied herself, the assassin's head dropped to the left, the neck severed completely, and Pilar saw Anais behind him. She must have stood hidden behind the door as they entered, and she had struck him with her long, curved sword as soon as Pilar dropped to the floor.

The assassin's headless body tottered back and forth while the blood from his arteries sprayed the ceiling, but then he collapsed like a puppet whose strings were cut. Quick as lightning, Anais pushed home the deadbolt that secured the door.

"Are there more?" she whispered urgently.

Pilar nodded.

"There is one more, dressed as a Guard soldier," she replied, only now noticing the blood that ran from her face and onto her cream coloured silk dress.

There was Thesia at her side with Alana, and they made her sit down and pressed cloth kerchiefs to her wound.

"Oh, Pilar, you are hurt!" Thesia wailed, but a moment later, she was pushed aside by her mother.

"Let me see!" she demanded. She flinched. "It's a deep cut. I'll have to close it. Oh Pilar, what happened? How could you bring that man..."

"Mother, don't say another word!" Thesia said sharply. "Pilar has been secretly serving the King. All she did was done with his approval. Something must have gone wrong."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.