What the Future May Bring
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2012 by Going Forward 55

Kathleen Lehrer took her seat in the Cabinet Room. Her department being the third newest in the Cabinet, ahead of only the Department of Energy and the Department of Veterans' Affairs, she sat at the end of the table, on the opposite side from the President. She obliged the photographers and journalists who were present for the photo opportunity before the meeting by posing with the President as he introduced the newest member of his Cabinet.

She had a short report about her department ready to present and she calmly waited her turn, taking notes on the reports from the other Cabinet Secretaries, not realizing how important those notes would be to her in just a few short weeks.

Her presentation went smoothly, and she was asked to submit three reports, with possible plans of action, to the President within the next week and to be prepared to make an in depth report by January 6th, exactly 16 days before the State of the Union Message, which would be two days after the first anniversary of President Ruskin's inaugural. Little did anyone know that that would be the last day that most of the people in that room would serve in any office whatsoever.


Ali Katal was whisked from the Tehran airport in an unmarked car by members of the Revolutionary Guards and was taken to see his old teacher. He was shocked by the number of lines that had appeared on the face of the imam and how gray the hair that showed from beneath his blue turban had turned since he had last seen him nine months earlier. The Ayatollah Makhtol looked at least twenty years older than his fifty three years.

Katal clasped his hands together in a show of his devotion to his religious leader and then bowed his head. The Ayatollah Makhtol gave him his blessing and began to talk with his old student. "You had said at one time that you would be willing to achieve martyrdom if it would further Allah's cause. Is that not correct?"

"Yes, Imam, I did say that, and I repeat that vow to you right now. If it would serve Allah's purpose for me to become a martyr in his name, I would gladly do it."

"You have learned your lessons well, my son. You are going to have the most important role in the furtherance of the holy Islamic Revolution! You are going to behead the Great Satan!"

Katal was speechless for a moment. Finally he asked, "How will I do this, Imam?"

"There is one time each year when the entire upper level of the Satanic government is together in one place. That is during what they call the State of the Union address, when the President goes before the Congress. It is at this time that we must strike and behead the Great Satan before he can stop the Islamic Revolution!"

"Where do I fit into this, Imam?"

"You will use your talent at flying airplanes and fly a plane full of explosives into the Capitol right after he begins his speech. The Great Satan will be beheaded, and you will become a martyr! You will go directly to heaven because you will have enabled us to win the Jihad and defeat the infidels!"

"Allah akhbar!"

"Allah akhbar," repeated the Ayatollah Makhtol.


Maria Velazquez had everything possible in the world going for her. She was the only child of one of the wealthiest men in Mexico. Her intelligence enabled her to win top academic honors at some of the best schools in Mexico and the United States. Her striking beauty opened other doors for her, as she was third runner up in the Miss Universe contest, representing Mexico. But, it was her compassion which won her a place in history.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.