MY KIDS HOLD HANDS
Chapter 2

 

Well, Dan will be home in thirty minutes from work, so I got real busy making dinner. I am kind of old-fashioned – I like having dinner at the same time every night, with the four of us around the table, talking about our day and finding out the newest events in each other’s lives. Tonight, I’ll be keeping a few secrets, as well as ask some probing questions.

I’m fixing a homemade pizza tonight, something everyone likes, even Dan. I go to the trouble of making my own dough, adding a teaspoon of cinnamon to the recipe I found in the Betty Crocker Cookbook. They all call it ‘Mom’s Special Ingredient Pizza.’

The two pizzas are ready just as Dan walks in, “KIDS, wash up – dinnertime!” I yelled.

“Hi Baby – how did your day go?” Dan asked, coming up to me putting his arms around me and kissing me on the back of my neck – that always makes me swoon a little. I shrugged him off, “You men - Wash up honey – set an example for the kids!”

He slapped my butt as he went to the kitchen sink to take care of his hands.

Interestingly, when Tom and Susan came in he was tucking in his shirt using his hand to comb his hair. Susan looked the same but seemed to have an unusual smile on her face.

Oh, My Goodness – I remember that look, they are being intimate with one another! How am I going to deal with this? Tell Dan? No – he’d go batshit crazy ... probably kick his own son out of the house – or worse.

I got a gallon of milk from the refrigerator - Dan got the glasses to the table. He said a quick prayer and we all started in on the closest pizza.

After my first piece, I turned to the kids, “Susan, are there any boys at school that you like – you never mention anyone special?”

That surprised her a little. “Uh, No Mom, I don’t think I’m pretty enough for any of them – I’m wanting to get good enough grades to get into a nice university.”

Dan chimed in, “Susan, you’re very pretty – I don’t see why you aren’t fighting off boys all day long?”

Now, if things are as I think...

“Mom and Dad,” Tommy said, “It sounds to me like you expect my sister to go out with just anyone – Susan has higher standards than that - don’t you, Sue?”

Picking up another piece of pizza, I tried again, “Just how high are your standards – does he need to be handsome and kind like your father, or just ... handsome like your brother.”

“Mom, Tommy’s kind – and handsome!” Susan defended.

Yep, they’re lovers – I’ve probably realized it all along – but just wasn’t willing to let it sink in. Oh Mark – I’m so sorry!

“Dan, take me out to dinner tomorrow – alone. We haven’t in such a long while,” I said giving him a big sloppy kiss.

“Ewww, get a room!” Susan said.

Yeah, I’m doing this for the two of them as much as myself. Dan knows that when we get home he’s getting lucky – so why not let the kids have some uninterrupted time alone as well?

“So, with us going out, what will you kids be doing tomorrow? – it’s Friday night,” I said.

“There’s a new movie that’s come out, if Tom can drop me off, I’m sure some girlfriends and I can go out,” Susan said.

“Sure thing, Sis – I’ll go out ... with some of my friends, so I can ... take you, if it’s OK with everybody?”

“All right with me,” Dan said.

“Just be responsible you two, don’t do anything stupid and be safe!” I said, seeing their eyes glancing at me, then to each other.

The two of them got up and excused themselves, saying that they needed to get back to the report they were working on.

“We sure have good kids, don’t you think, Jan?” Dan said.

“Yes, we do – Tommy sure seems to take good care of his little sister,” I responded.

“I’m going in to watch some evening news on TV – yell if you need me, Beautiful,” my husband of nineteen years said. I slapped his bottom on his way out. I took the time to put each of the pizza pieces left over in its own plastic baggie.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.