Alone - Cover

Alone

Copyright© 2012 by Salladin

Chapter 8

Unto Every Soul A Drop of Rain must Fall, Sunshine Usually Follows

or

For All Things There Is A Season A Time To Live; And A Time To Die...

The kids were getting bigger. We were still living with Victor and Angela. Marie never got around to even trying to buy a house. She had given some of the girls that had helped at the mall the use of the home she and Angela had lived in before they met Victor.

It had worked out well. The hotel and Club had provided part-time and even full-time jobs for 'The Crew" as Marie was now calling her assortment of employees. They all seemed to be doing well in school, two were still in High School and were sisters of the original 'helpers'. To my dismay, some had a boyfriend. My dreams of a harem might never be realized. I would have to ask Marie if this 'harem' idea could be a paying job for 'The Crew', then again, maybe not a good idea to ask.

I had not gone back to the hanger since that first night. I did go to see Pappy and his Bride play with some of those 'toys' he found inside. She was getting to be quite the pilot. Since Russian was her 'native' language, learning from instructional tapes and the two combat simulators Victor had somehow got them, I wondered what was next, a spaceship. I kidded Victor about that.

"No, Nick, my brother, the 'space fighters' are provided by the Americans and Japanese. We are only providing 'The MIR' to stage them." My God, he was serious.

Now, it was really, really, now on my mind, how was it there was so much Russian armament and equipment here? Even of greater concern, was Why?

One evening, after another, 'Russian' feast, boiled potatoes and sausage, Victor wanted to see me in the 'Private' Office. This was new, until now, it was a room I had never been in. When I entered, I knew why.

Angela, Victor, and a VID screen sat in the middle of a NSC War and Command Centre.

I recognized Alexei, but not the others in the screen background. Alexei spoke.

"Welcome 'Boss'! Well my friends it is time. 'Boss', Victor and Angela will fill in many of the details as things progress. One of your 'associates' will be paying a visit very soon. Remember though, from his point of view, things are not the same as from ours. But we will fight the same enemy."

What the hell is this, what enemy I thought.

"Angela has become our(Russian) Ambassador to America. As such her home, as well as family all have 'Diplomatic Immunity'. Since you live in the Castle, and both you and Victor claim the 14th floor of the hotel as a home too, both are covered. Marie, as daughter and you as her husband qualify as 'Family', but to be safe, you are the Assistant Ambassador, answerable only to Angela. General Malinkov, has been promoted to have the official role as Senior Military Commander of all Russian Resources, including those in-space. We have three more facilities there than most people do not recognize. In theory he reports to the Premier, but we all know how things work in Russia. 'He who holds the Gold, holds the power.'

"We have been preparing for this a long-time, years. Your government and mine have joined with Japan and England to become a more powerful counter to a common foe. It appears that foresight will now come to be needed."

"Our best information is that Israel and the Golan Lands will be invaded, perhaps later today or tomorrow. This first attack will easily be repulsed. Most Moslem and Arab countries will join to back Syria and Egypt. This will draw the Americans into siding with Israel. A stalemate will ensue and then China, in an effort to 'stabilize' the situation will send in forces to the Middle East. That action will cause World War III to begin."

"Wow, Wow" Holt Shit!" was my response. "So you don't really know anything, huh?"

This got a laugh! "Nope, just one of our possible scenarios!"

"But, it has started, or so Alexei informs me;" Victor added.

"Remember 'Boss', you are now Asst. Russian Ambassador, what you say should be the same that Angela may say."

Victor's SAT rang. "Some people are on there way to 'The Club' to see you my brother. An escort and your Hind IV await. We would not want our new Asst. Ambassador to go missing. I am told you will recognize these visitors. Remember, you are my brother first, my 'Son' second and you will always be my friend, no mater what."

Boris had readied a new set of clothes for me. "Mr. Asst. Ambassador, you must dress for this." My 'butler' certainly had been prepared for this, well in advance.

"Thank You, Boris. Are you sure this is my size, it seems a bit tight?: Then I laughed. The look on his face was, well, priceless.

My 'escort' was a full Bird, two, LT. Cols. and 6 men in black, complete with dark glasses and bulges in their tailored suits. The Hind IV, I had never seen before. The heavy armour was obvious, as was the 'FLIR" and "Dome' above. What was also recognizable was the array of cannons, missiles, chain and mini-guns, impressively displayed.

One could get used to this treatment. Mr. Assistant Ambassador, I could get used to that, it had a ring to it. I wondered if I had an office in DC. too. I would have to check with the Ambassador(Angela). God I loved this family more and more, nope, the love had always been the same.

Our 'escort' circled the 'LZ', two men I did recognize stood by a lone Jet Ranger III, surrounded by an honour guard, I'm sure, of 'Spetnaz' in full uniforms and Red Berets.

It seemed like I was getting more attention than an Asst. deserved. When I landed, several of the 'Spetnaz' conferred with my 'escort' then said to me, "This way 'Boss'.

'Boss' meant a lot more to these men.

"Hello Jim. Hello Steve. I promised not to grace the hallowed halls at Langley. But you are both welcome here. At least if it deals with what I think it does?

"Well, mostly. I don't suppose you wanted to "Come in from the Cold?" Jim said softly.

No answer, good old Steve spoke up, "We are here to see the Ambassador."

"Unfortunately, she has another important meeting. Can I help you, I am her Assistant?"

They gave each other a painful look.

"The Russian Ambassador?"

"Yep, here or inside?"

If looks could kill, then the body-count would include these two. My escorts was becoming 'nervous', they understood English and picked up on the inflections.

"I need to make a call?"

"Ahh, your stuff won't work here." I pointed and a Russian SAT phone was handed to Jim. "Better reception here with these!" We would also have the number and a recording of the conversations. God, I love these games we play.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.