OUR LITTLE SECRET ... - Cover

OUR LITTLE SECRET ...

 

Chapter 1

My sister Katie’s wedding was so beautiful, she was so beautiful - I keep forgetting that she’s my little sister.

I didn’t think much about the ‘guy’ she married – his name is Donald Dettinger. I’ve never known a Donald I liked?

But, she’s very happy and that is what’s really important.

Me, I am her older brother, still a confirmed bachelor, still looking around for that ‘perfect’ girl – Not real sure if the girl I’m looking for is out there.

Mom and Dad ... well, they are happy that Katie’s happy. After the wedding, they inevitably found me and asked when I was going to find someone to settle down with.

My name’s David – I’m 30 while my little sister is 25 – It’s been a lot of fun watching her grow up.

From pre-teen when she was cute with pigtails, then as a teenager she was the prettiest girl at her school, then on to college where she graduated with a degree in physical therapy.

Along the way, she entered and won a couple of beauty contests – which is how she met Donald. He was a judge, and older then her.

They hit it off and after knowing each other for only six months – they got married.

My instincts were still telling me that something was shifty about him, but my sister wouldn’t hear anything - except for the sound of wedding bells.

I live only 50 miles from where I our parents live – I’m not real sure where Katie and Donald ended up. When they were dating she never answered that question and after they got married, there was no moment for us to talk about it.

Like I said, Katie’s 25, about 5 foot 7, probably 36C 24 35 – blue eyes ... has lovely blonde hair down past her shoulders.

Donald! He’s 6 foot 2, blond – I would guess he weighed about 175 – I must admit, he’s a good-looking guy. He’s 32.

Lastly, I’m also 6 foot 2, a bit heavier than Donald, but not much – I have brown hair and blue eyes too. Now that I think about it, the only significant difference between Donald and me is that he’s a blond and I’m brown haired.

Only seven months after they were married, I got a phone call from my Katie. She’s not mine – I just mean - she’s my sister.

“Dave, can I come over and talk – I have got a problem?”

“Sure,” I answered and she pulled up thirty minutes later.

I opened the door, and she ran up to me and wrapped her arms around me saying, “Oh, David – I’ve made such a terrible mistake!”

I brought her inside, closed the door and sat her down, “Katie, what’s the mistake – the problem?”

“I think he’s having an affair?”

“Who?”

“Donald, my husband.”

“Have you spoken to him about it?”

“I’m afraid to!” she said with a tear in her eye.

“Has he hit you, or ... spoken abusively to you?” I was getting worried at this point.

“He hasn’t really ... hit me,” she said.

“What’s that mean?”

“He doesn’t hit – he shakes me ... he grabs me by the shoulders and he shakes me.”

“That’s abuse Katie – don’t take that shit from him!” I said, with my arms still around her.

“But, I – I really want to make the marriage work,” she said putting her head on my chest.

“I never told you before, Katie – but I never liked him,” I admitted.

“Really, why?” she said now looking up at me with those liquid blue blues.

“He ... doesn’t seem good enough for you – you deserve someone who loves you the way you need to be loved.”

“Know anyone like that?” she asked looking deeper inside my eyes than before.

That’s just not fair – dare I tell her – how I really feel about her, after all of these years? We separated and I led her to the sofa, and we sat down together.

“Katie, I don’t know, but there’s going to be someone out there for you – someone who’ll love you, care for you, make love to you...”

“Well, before I met Donald there was somebody I liked – but I never told him. I...”

“Don’t you want to give your marriage another chance?” I interrupted.

“I don’t think so – I think I would rather try to find out if the guy I like ... likes me.”

As my eyes filled with hope for her answer, “Well sis, who’s the lucky sonofabitch?”

“You – David!”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.