Linnet - Cover

Linnet

Copyright© 2012 by Tedbiker

Chapter 12

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 12 - Her name is really Belinda. Determined not to spend her life behind the counter of her family's corner shop, she walked away - from the shop, her home, her town. Eventually she found her destiny as a sailor... and love. Companion to 'Serendipity'

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Incest   Father   Daughter   First   Slow  

Linnet was extremely quiet – almost withdrawn – on the journey back to Essex and for some time after. It was Erica who made the biggest difference to her; on the journey she spent most of trip curled up on Linnet's lap or snuggling against her, with a sensitivity that might have been remarkable in an adult. Linnet, in response, held her; occasionally stroking her hair or absently kissing her head.

It took a couple of weeks but Linnet gradually returned to her 'old' self; not that she neglected her share of the household tasks or Erica, but that she returned to her previous one hundred percent focus. In due course the sailing season was in full flight again. Grace by that time was about five months pregnant and with a very active seventeen month-old Erica to look after declined to go sailing, even in Serendipity. Linnet and Ted took turns in staying home to support Grace, though Ted took the lion's share of that, saying, "I need to sort things out for our barge and the new business."

The whole 'family' were together at Felixstowe for the delivery and launch in May of the new barge. Almost complete, she lacked only spars, rigging and fittings specific to Thames spritsail barges, a few internal items and the electronics Ted wanted to satisfy his proposed business customers. They watched with varying degrees of trepidation as she was lowered into the Orwell and taken in charge by one of the harbour tugs for the short journey up-river to the boat-yard at Pin Mill.

Although Linnet was involved in the discussion about a suitable name for the vessel, the argument was really between Grace and Ted; Ted pointing out that most privately or individually owned barges were named after the wife, daughter or sweetheart of the owner; he wanted her called 'S.B. Grace'. Grace ... eventually ... gave in in time for her formal launch once she was fitted out.

Before that, though, Ted formally asked Linnet to be Mate in her, though he didn't tell her his intentions regarding the Third Hand he hoped would eventually take the slot, or his intentions for Linnet herself.

Despite her experience over the previous two years, Linnet was uncertain of her ability, but Ted managed to persuade her. In early June, then, Linnet rode with Ted to Pin Mill. They had a look round the almost complete vessel, then went to the 'Butt and Oyster' for lunch. Ted had told her he was expecting the new Third Hand to join them for lunch and they sat, Linnet sipping at a glass of wine and Ted drinking rather more deeply of a pint of beer. He'd about finished when he saw the man they were waiting for and stood to greet him. Linnet looked and, for several moments, wasn't sure she could believe her eyes.

"Welcome to Pin Mill, Jamie," Ted said, "I think you've met our Mate for the first few voyages of S.B. Grace, haven't you?"

Jamie MacAllan smiled, "I believe I have. It is indeed a pleasure to meet again, Miss Masters."

Linnet stood, slowly, and looked at Ted. "Ted Quinton ... you swine. You ... you..." her voice failed her.

"Why, Linnet ... do you not approve of my choice of crew?"

She ignored him, moved slowly out from the table and went to Jamie. "Jamie?" She reached out and laid her hand against his cheek. "Jamie?"

"It's me. I couldn't stay away." He captured her hand and lifted it to his lips.

Then they were moulded together, arms around each other. Ted looked on, a slight smile on his face. He took a note out of his pocket and slipped it into Jamie's before leaving quietly. He could get something to eat on the way home; no need to be a gooseberry.

The landlord disturbed them. Initially he tried clearing his throat and coughing, eventually resorting to shaking Jamie's shoulder.

"Sorry, but would you be ready to order? If not, perhaps you'd like to take a walk along the foreshore and think about it?" Linnet and Jamie both blushed and it was readily apparent even through their tans.

"I am a little hungry..." said Jamie, "how about you, Linnet?"

She looked up at Jamie, then at the landlord. "I'm sorry. It amused my boss to surprise me. We'll have a look at the menu and order in just a minute." Then after a pause, added, "You're not off the hook yet, Jamie MacAllan! Not a letter, not a call or an email for six months..."

They decided quickly on their choice of food and sat to wait as it was prepared. Jamie reached across the table and covered her hand with his.

"I'm sorry, Linnet. I didn't know I'd be able to get a job down here, and I wasn't really expecting Ted's invitation. The longer it went on, the more unsure I was that you'd still want to even know me. I took the job Grace's uncle offered because it was one step nearer you. I kept telling myself I was a fool, that a girl like you would have forgotten me by now..."

"A girl like me?" Linnet scowled. "What do you mean by that?"

"Oh, nothing bad, honest! You're beautiful; I couldn't take my eyes off you when I first saw you. You're clever; I loved talking to you. You're caring and thoughtful and brave. I was a coward not to say something, not to say I'd come, not to tell you..." he trailed off.

She turned her hand palm up under his and laid her other hand on top and spoke softly. "Tell me what?"

He coloured and swallowed, took a deep breath and looked into her eyes, "That I was falling ... that I had fallen in love with you."

Linnet sighed in her turn. "You are forgiven, Jamie. I'm telling you now, I left a large part of my heart behind when I came back here and you've just brought it back to me. But if you walk away, I think it would tear me apart even worse."

"I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams," Jamie quoted quietly. "It goes both ways."

"Yeats," commented Linnet. "I'd have thought you'd quote Burns."

"My grandmother was Irish," he explained.

It was getting late by the time they thought about where they would be sleeping; they'd eaten lunch, talking, continued to talk over assorted drinks, eaten tea, supper or dinner, depending on where you come from, continuing to talk and, over a cup of coffee realised they hadn't given a thought to anything beyond themselves all afternoon.

Jamie stuffed his hands in his pocket and found the note from Ted; they followed his directions to the cottage a little way above the pub and were shown two rooms; one larger with a double bed and another smaller with a single, both of them pleasant enough.

"Breakfast between seven and nine," the lady of the house told them. "Captain Quinton said to tell you it was up to you which room you used and not to worry about getting up too early." She had a twinkle in her eye as she spoke, which Linnet picked up on and wondered what else Ted had told the woman. "Oh, and there's only you staying tonight, so you don't have to worry if you want to sleep in, or get up early; I'll cook when you appear."

They stood outside the double room and Linnet reached for the door-handle; Jamie turned away as if to go next door to the other room, but Linnet's hand flashed out and snagged his sleeve. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I..."

"Don't you dare tell me you were heading for the single room. There's a perfectly good double bed in here and I'm not letting you out of my sight, Jamie MacAllan."

"But..." he was about to argue, but he saw determination in her eyes ... and love ... and he caved. "Are you sure?"

"Oh yes, I'm sure, aren't you?"

"Well ... since you put it that way ... Aren't you bothered about Mrs. Broughton?"

Linnet smiled, "You didn't see the look in her eyes when she passed Ted's message on, did you? I think she will carefully not notice. Jamie, whatever we do – if we do nothing but sleep – I want to be in your arms tonight."

"Are you sure? You hardly know me..."

"I know I love you, Jamie – I knew when I first saw you. 'Across a crowded room' – trite, isn't it? But even if ... I don't want to think about ... no. We're meant to be together, Jamie..."

"That's why I'm here ... my love."

The grip on Jamie's sleeve became irrelevant as they embraced; they moved gradually towards the bed removing, with some difficulty, clothing one garment at a time while separating physically as little as possible. By the time they reached the bed they were down to panties and boxers, clambering into bed to continue kissing and exploring one another's bodies horizontally.

Being June, it was still light and they hadn't bothered drawing the curtains or turning on a light. There was little in the way of external distraction, either. Sleep surprised both of them before they could consummate their love...

Linnet woke with the dawn, the half-familiar sensation of having company in bed at first worrying, but then reassuring as she woke fully and was able to make out Jamie's sleeping features. Her pulse, which had begun to race, steadied and she experienced a peace beyond anything she'd known before, knowing her relationship with this man was light-years away from the attachment she'd felt towards Ted Quinton. She was happy and complete for the first time in years, possibly in her entire life. Well ... almost complete. Her hand wandered over his torso. The slight movement of his chest as he breathed rubbed her nipple gently, producing an ache behind it and elsewhere. He moved slightly and his erect penis contacted her thigh. 'Why am I still wearing knickers? Why is he still wearing boxers? How come we fell asleep without making love? Well, for sure I'm not leaving this room without today... '

She gently took hold of him. 'Mmm ... hard. Smooth. Just right; not too big, not too small'.

"Just right, said Goldilocks," she didn't realise she'd spoken aloud.

He opened his eyes and a smile touched his lips. "'And there's someone sleeping in my bed, said Baby Bear.' Hmmm. Goldilocks! Yes. Very appropriate." His hand found and cupped her breast. "I want to make love to you, Goldilocks..."

"Mmmm ... but..." her hand tightened on him.

"Yes, but ... it'd be nicer if we were to clean our teeth first, don't you think?"

She couldn't disagree with that so they made use of the cramped en suite facilities, noting that a joint shower might be possible, but it was going to be a tight fit ... then returned to the bed to carry on where they'd left off when they fell asleep.

Linnet knew she was very ready; Jamie's proximity and the anticipation was all the foreplay she needed right then, but Jamie insisted on tasting her and made appreciative noises as he did. Kissing his way up from her vulva, he paused at her breasts to gently worry her nipples with his teeth then, as they kissed some more he ... just ... naturally slid into place. For some time ... seconds? Minutes? they stayed like that, linked, coupled, together then nature took over. Linnet started climaxing moments after that along with her chirruping and when, not much later, Jamie came too, she passed out.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.