Linnet
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2012 by Tedbiker

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Her name is really Belinda. Determined not to spend her life behind the counter of her family's corner shop, she walked away - from the shop, her home, her town. Eventually she found her destiny as a sailor... and love. Companion to 'Serendipity'

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Incest   Father   Daughter   First   Slow  

They left Lowestoft just after two in the afternoon of Thursday, as the ebb began. With the wind light from the south, it would be a long passage, particularly at first as the ebb tide currents flow north. However, it was pleasant with the sun sparkling off the waves, a few puffy white clouds enhancing the blue of the sky, and the light breeze off-setting the heat of the sun. The master and crew of the sailing ketch Serendipity were soon wearing a minimum of clothing, slathering sun block on exposed skin, and relaxing - with the exception of the helmsman who had to be alert for subtle changes in wind direction. In fact, they soon found themselves using the sea breeze which was more or less at right-angles to the shore, roughly east-south-east, as an anticyclone developed over England. The sea breeze meant they could head south and west, instead of tacking against a southerly, but it would die as the land cooled in the evening. Off Covehithe, the sea-breeze died, replaced by a fitful, unreliable northerly; they were barely making any progress over the remnant of the current and when Cherry fetched a jumper, she was only the first to seek a little extra warmth.

By nine, though, the land breeze had set in and with the change in the tide, they were making perhaps three knots. Ted retired to get a few hours' sleep. Linnet, in charge of the watch, suggested Cherry and Dennis both retire, unless they wanted to stand their watches separately. The two looked at each other.

"Yes, please," Cherry said, "but perhaps we could be woken to see the dawn?"

It was a long four hours, but Linnet had a lot to think about as Serendipity passed Southwold, then Sizewell and Aldeburgh, as she considered whether to wake Ted or wait for him to surface. In fact, he startled her as he appeared to take over at two o'clock, resting his hands on her hips and sliding them up to brush her breasts.

"I have the watch, Mister Mate."

She turned in his arms to kiss him. "Aye, aye, Skipper. I will sleep lonely tonight. Dennis and Cherry would like to be woken before dawn, if you would. Good night!"

They passed Orford at about five in the morning and Ted went to call Dennis and Cherry. They appeared on deck as the eastern sky lightened and Cherry took the wheel as Ted went below to make coffee.

They sipped coffee and nibbled bacon sandwiches as the arc of red became a disk of liquid gold and rose above the horizon, painting a golden road across the sea.

"Decision to be made," Ted announced. "Under sail, with this wind, we can probably get into the Deben as far as the Ferry, perhaps Ramsholt, by high water. Under power we can make Woodbridge. But that would mean using the engine, probably, to get back to Maldon by Sunday teatime. I suggest anchoring in Harwich Haven, then leaving there tomorrow morning on the last of the ebb to get us into the Blackwater tomorrow evening. A few hours in Mersea, then take the flood up to Maldon, if that's agreeable."

"That all seems sensible. We're here to sail, rather than motor," Dennis commented, looking at his daughter.

"I agree," she said. "And ... I won't mind a couple of good nights' sleep..."

Once the sun was up, the land breeze died and the minimal northerly barely permitted them to make any progress at all until the tide turned at about eight forty, shortly after which they had the sea-breeze again, at which point Ted went into their cabin to wake Linnet. They managed to anchor on the Shelf opposite Felixstowe just as the tide turned again. Everyone was content to sip a glass of wine and watch the river traffic, at least after Ted had set a pan of curry to simmer on the stove.

That evening, they sat in the cockpit and ate curry and Basmati rice, with mango chutney and pita bread. Cherry offered to wash up afterwards, but Linnet just laughed. "It's your holiday; you've got better things to do," (Cherry blushed) "and you'll have plenty of opportunity to wash up over the next few weeks."

Actually, Cherry and her father sat holding hands in the cockpit, talking quietly but intensely. Linnet and Ted sat in the saloon with the computer, checking the weather, once the pots were squared away.

"Looks as though we're going to get some wind as this high moves east..."

"And before it does, a thunderstorm or two."

The other two were still sitting close together in the cockpit, lit only by the moon and the lights of Felixstowe container terminal, as Linnet led the way through the cockpit to their cabin. Linnet considered suggesting they go to bed, but sensibly decided to let them make their own decisions. In the cabin she stripped quickly and efficiently, so she was in bed before Ted was finished undressing.

She initiated their love making – if that was the correct description – with an aggression and an intensity that shocked Ted, though he had no time to analyse what she was doing. She achieved several orgasms before he did, but they weren't nearly as powerful as her usual; she was almost silent but for a quiet whine just before she lay beside him resting her head on his shoulder.

He was almost asleep when he realised his shoulder was getting wet.

"Linnet?" She didn't respond verbally, but she did stiffen a little in his arms. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing."

"The sort of nothing that's something."

"Not now, Ted. Perhaps when we get back to Maldon."

He slept eventually, and didn't know how long she lay there, breathing in his scent. She slept only fitfully and woke early, slipping out of bed carefully so as not to disturb him. So early was she, in fact, that she was able to get and note down the inshore weather forecast. As the time approached seven thirty, she took a mug of coffee and a bacon sandwich to the aft cabin.

"Oh seven thirty, Skipper. You wanted to get under way by eight to catch the last of the ebb."

"Thanks, L..." he registered the almost impersonal tone in her voice. "Thanks, Mister Mate. I'll be on deck as soon as I've had this." She handed him the hand-written summary of the forecast and he sighed. "Not unexpected. I think we must leave, though."

"Okay, Skipper. I'll make a start on the sails."

The noise of the anchor chain grating through the fairlead fetched the Thorntons out of their cabin. Cherry had a quick look and got on with sorting out breakfast for her and her father. By the time they were ready to eat Serendipity was underway in the light and variable more-or-less westerly breeze, so they took their coffee and sandwiches into the cockpit.

"Morning, Cherry, Dennis," Linnet said. "Make the most of this. We think the weather's going to turn pretty soon."

It took almost two hours to sail the five plus miles out of the Haven to the Medusa buoy, by which time the clouds were gathering and darkening rapidly and the temperature dropped.

"Better get below or into oilies," Ted said, handing over the wheel to Linnet and moving to get dressed for bad weather himself. They followed him below. Cherry watched as he rapidly pulled on waterproofs, safety harness and life-preserver.

"What's that?" She pointed at the harness.

"Safety harness, so I can clip on a line if I need to leave the cockpit. When you've done, could you take the wheel for Linnet so she can dress too?"

"Sure, Skipper."

She heard the engine start as she was about to leave the cabin for the cockpit and, as she took over the helm from Linnet, she looked forward to the mainmast, where Ted was lowering the mainsail. She concentrated on maintaining a steady heading as the wind gusted and swirled and the first large drops of rain splattered on the decks.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.