Ghost Stories - Cover

Ghost Stories

Copyright© 2012 by sonyaesperanto

Chapter 21

Edgar swam towards another shoreline, which could still be seen from the Mendez's shoreline. Mendez followed Edgar, wet and in his swimming shorts, across a path within the woods, until they finally reached a house.

Edgar's house was one storey, quite small and in the middle of the woods, unlike Mendez's which was off side of the road.

Edgar knocked on the door. The door opened. A lady in her 30s, who resembled Edgar facially, as well as in hair and eye color, appeared on the doorstep. She was slightly taller than Edgar.

Edgar:
Hi mom. This is the friend I told you about.

Edgar's mom grabbed Mendez's hand, and happily shook it.

Edgar's mom:
Mendez, I am finally happy to meet you at last. Won't you please come in!!

Edgar's mom let Edgar and Mendez walk through the front doorway. She ushered him towards the living room. The living room looked old-fashioned.

Edgar's mom:
Please have a seat.

Mendez sat down on the couch.

Edgar's mom:
Would you like cup of hot chocolate?

Mendez:
Yes please.

Edgar sat down next to Mendez, while his mom walked out of the living room.

Edgar:
Mom loves it when I make new friends. I told her all about you.

Mendez:
I can imagine.

Deep down, Mendez felt flattered.

But just as they thought they would be all alone, two young kids joined them. One was a young blonde girl who looked like she was 9 years old and the other was a young brunet boy who looked like he was 8 years old.

Edgar motioned for them to come over to his side.

Edgar:
Elizabeth. Jacob. Come and meet my friend Mendez.

Jacob and Elizabeth walked over towards Edgar.

Elizabeth:
Is this the Mendez you keep on talking about?

Edgar:
Aha!!

Jacob extended his right hand for a shake.

Jacob:
It's nice to finally meet you at last Mendez.

Mendez happily shook Jacob's hand.

Mendez:
It's nice to finally meet you too.

Mendez then shook Elizabeth's hand.

Edgar's mom finally joined them all in the living room, carrying a cup of hot chocolate for Mendez, who took it off her.

Mendez:
Thank you!!

Edgar's mom:
You're welcome anytime, my dear boy!!

Mendez happily sipped his hot chocolate. It tasted nice and warm.

Edgar's mom:
You are such a handsome boy Mendez. I wished that you were also my son.

Mendez nearly dropped his hot chocolate on the floor. He had never heard such a great compliment before in his life.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.