Ghost Stories
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2012 by sonyaesperanto

Josh's Story – Warnings

It was summer time. School was over, until the next semester. Josh and his two other friends Archie and Reggie were walking around the carnival. They saw people screaming from roller coasters and Ferris wheels. They saw kids running around, with their cotton candies. They saw couples trying their luck with water guns, attempting to win teddy bear prizes.

The sun was shining strongly but it was not that hot. After all, they were in a little town somewhere in North Dakota and the carnival had come to town, or rather on the outskirts of it.

Josh: Mom wants me to get a job but not that easy right now.

Archie: Tell me about it. But it gets really bad when you're single.

Josh: Yeah we all know you like girls Archie. But to be fair, you really should not piss anyone you date off. Why do you always have to tell them your personal problems?

Reggie: Because he is a fucking idiot at times.

Reggie laughed at his own comment.

Josh: I sometimes think Archie and I are idiots too.

Reggie: And why is that?

Josh: (joked) Because we often hang out with you.

Archie broke out in laughter at Josh's comment.

Reggie: Very funny you guys. Very funny.

Josh: Didn't your last date dump soda on your head!!

Archie kept on laughing.

Reggie: Well my dates last longer than Archie's.

Josh: But they just last. They don't stay long. You shouldn't tell your date about how good you are in sports and only talk about yourself and how girls admire your physique and good looks!!

Archie kept on laughing.

Reggie: And speaking of good physique, check them out.

Reggie was pointing towards four young women in their early 20s, walking around in their leather hot pants and thin white shirts. One was a blonde. Another was a brunette. Another was a redhead. The last had black hair.

Reggie: I wouldn't mind getting me one of those.

Archie; Me too!!

Josh: And you guys are still gonna make the same stupid mistakes, again and again. If you are gonna get a girl, better learn how to keep them.

Josh shook his head.

The three of them were childhood friends, growing up in their little town of Waterdale.

Archie was a skinny brunet nerd. He was friendly and helpful and nice. The only reason why he always managed to get dates was because he always helped some girls in class for their assignments (especially the cool cheerleaders) or sometimes did their homework for them, while they go out with their real boyfriends. The thing was he liked girls and they knew he liked them, and so used him for their own gains.

Reggie, on the other hand, was a tall and handsome blond jock. He had many girlfriends and slept around. He used the girls in his school (mostly the ordinary, the simple and the nerdy girls) but his dates with some of the cheerleaders often ended in disaster. They called him cold and arrogant and self-absorbed.

Josh was the coolest of them all, being neither a jock nor a nerd. He was way way tougher than Archie and way and way smarter than Reggie.

For all the brunet male and female nerds of Waterdale High, when things were so tough that a tough guy with strong endurance was needed to do things, they all counted on Josh.

For all the blond jocks and blond cheerleaders of Waterdale High, when they needed serious advice ranging from finance to choices or even more serious things, they all counted on Josh.

Josh was like the balance of the two worlds. He was the coolest (but also the most sarcastic) kid in Waterdale High that everyone could rely on and extremely popular. He was even a role model, according to the principal. He did something great that he could not even remember what it was.

One late morning in front of the entire school assembly, when Josh stood next to the school principal, the principal told the students this:

Josh is a great student. A great role model. He is not the student that we need (Josh wasn't sure if it was because he was outspoken from time to time, too cool and always does things his way) but the one that we deserve (Josh wasn't sure if it was because he was part black in an overwhelmingly predominantly white town and that they needed more ethnic minorities).

Like nearly all the small towns in North Dakota, the white residents of Waterdale had German ancestry. But they also had some other ancestry too including Norwegian, Icelandic as well as Scottish and English (like Josh's dad).

Josh was also into Batman comic books and horror films.

While they were strolling along the carnival, Josh told the other two that they should go and check out the haunted house ride. They walked towards the counter near the electronic cart rides that would take customers into the haunted house. They paid money, got seated in a cart and along with the other customers, the cart rides took them all the way into the haunted house.

When the ride was over, the only person left not screaming was Josh. When they all got out of the cart ride, he told the other two.

Josh: Don't tell me you guys were scared?

Archie and Reggie, like the others, looked semi-terrified. Josh just yawned.

Josh: That wasn't scary.

Josh was also from time to time hard to please.

Archie: Hey it was your idea.

Josh: I know. I guess I have seen too many horror movies.

Reggie: (joked) Or maybe you think just like your hero Batman. To not fear anything.

Josh: Yeah and that too.

Josh wished that there was something out there that could scare him (and he wasn't talking about madmen with guns or wild animals or nuclear disasters).

Reggie was looking, and then pointing towards something.

Reggie: Whoa. Check that out.

Josh and Archie saw what got Reggie excited. Far away from the other rides and booths, was a large beige-colored tent, standing all by itself on an open grass field. Outside the tent was a sign that said:

HAVE YOUR FORTUNE TOLD KNOW YOUR FUTURE

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.