Junior's Samples. Part of the Stopwatch Series
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2012 by Old Man with a Pen

"Thanks for taking me on my coin journey, Carl." Wendy was in a congratulatory mood. "That was peachy."

They were approaching Mr. Adams office.

"Could you arrange a group photo? Maybe in the warehouse. You've all seen my Nikon."

"That's quite a camera for a kid. My daughter uses her cellphone."

"I needed better pictures. This was a science project."

"Do you have all your dip samples?" Mr. Adams asked as he stepped out of his office and into the conversation.

"Yes, Sir. That was so nice of you ... and I have the slag sample, the impurities sample, the platinum and silver ingots ... they're not very big."

"There wasn't much. The Metallurgist mentioned he was amazed by the purity of such a large nugget."

"How much was the copper?"

"I have your invoice on my desk. Thank you Carl."

Junior gave Carl a hug, "You'll arrange a photo session in the warehouse?"

"It'll be my pleasure."

Mr. Adams grinned. "Photo session?

"Yes, Sir. Every one who guided me through the process. You all look so neat in your grey shirts and blue pants. Shoes so polished I could see my reflection in the toe. Office staff, too. You'll come, Mr. Adams?"

"Certainly, ten minutes? Carl? You'll have everyone involved there?"

In the sureness of time, the pictures were taken.

The four dock men with the crates of coins.

The guards with their shiny billed hats, hands on gunboats, looking fierce.

The office staff holding clipboards.

Metallurgy in their lab coats, with the crates.

The pressmen, roller mill men and electrolysis experts ... all arrayed around the crates.

Carl, using Junior's camera, took a picture of Junior passing the check to Mr. Adams.

Mr. Adams handing the check and deposit slip to his secretary.

The final photo with the entire crew frozen in their 'Cheese.' ... and their Men in Black faces.

Frozen in time, everyone blanked on Junior wheeling the pallet jack with the twenty-two thousand, four hundred, fifty six coins out to the dock. One more flash as the loading door closed on the scene.

Junior was gone.

The secretary looked at the check and deposit slip, "Hmm? Deposits are deposits."

Mr. Adams walked back to his spotless office, through spotless corridors with spotless faces hurrying about their spotless business ... until the auditor ... checking the books at tax time found the entry for payment of 22,456 ninety nine point five fine, gold coins for the Princessapality of Wendy.

That was spotted.

A call to The Wendy, not Junior, revealed that, 'Yes, you made us coins, they're wonderful. No, they're sold, all except my birthday present ... it's not for sale. Yes, you're welcome to send investigators. This is a sovereign nation ... I don't have to let them in. I'll send you copies of the cancelled checks. Have a nice day. I'll bill you for postage.'

"JUNIOR?!? WHAT DID YOU DO!!??"

"I'm in the shower, Mom!"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.