What Goes Up? - Cover

What Goes Up?

 

Chapter 5

It was wonderful when the morning sickness stopped. That meant she wasn't as turned off to have sex with me, although I did have to show her online where it said that it was safe for the baby.

At that point, every night became what Jen called 'Howler night' — I'm certain you can figure that out for yourself.

I've been saving money from every paycheck, so I can move Jenna and me out of the folks place within six months of the baby being born.

The City loved the new plans, and upon their approval they told us of two new school complexes approved by the city council.

By complex, I mean on the same parcel of land there would be an Elementary School, a Junior High and a High School; they would share a massive parking lot.

I went right to work on it, having a mockup in only two hours.

"Mr. Moore — at your convenience could you come in please?"

He came in chuckling as I spun the screen to show him my mock up.

"How the hell did you do that so quickly, Robert?" he proclaimed.

"I'm motivated to get a place of my own for my almost wife, sir."

"You mean Move Out?" he questioned.

"I'm eager to support my wife, without family help sir!" I affirmed.

"I ... understand that, I really do — but I do hope we will see you often, for dinner and anything else that pops up," he said.

"Thank you for understanding — Jenna is something of a 'howler' and we hope that it's not bothering you and Mom."

"To be perfectly honest, so is her mother — so having you out of the house would be a benefit for everyone, doesn't it?" dad responded. "You looking at an apartment or a house?"

"Probably an apartment, I don't have the money to put a down payment on anything, no matter how depressed the housing market is."

"You know that your mother and I have been quite successful in this town, and we had put aside money for Jenna's college. Could we give you that money as a wedding present?"

It had been a very long time since I was speechless, but I was. "Don't tell me anymore — I want to act surprised, OK?"

"Sure," he chuckled slapping me on the back as he headed back to the front desk.


The next Sunday, we all got dressed in our nicest clothes as we gathered in the backyard for our 'wedding ceremony.'

After some music played, Mom handed us each a card with the following vows:

I, Robert, take you Jenna to be my partner in life and my one true love, I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart and my love, for this day forward for as long as we both shall live!

Jenna had the same vows that she read to me, eliciting everyone to be racked with sobs.

Dad reached into his pocket and handed us each a ring as Mom handed us each another card.

Jenna went first this time;

I give you this ring to wear with love and joy. As a ring has no end, neither shall my love for you. I choose you to be my partner this day and forevermore.

I repeated these words, and then we put the rings on one another.

"Please kiss one another to seal this event in your hearts and in your minds?" dad said.

I had my love in my arms and we kissed one another with tremendous passion. After the kiss was over we were directed back inside the house and asked to sit down.

There were some presents to open, so we did that first opening some kitchen products that we would need for our own place.

Lastly, Dad handed me two envelopes. My hand could barely grab them I was shaking so much. One was thick while the other felt like a check was inside.

I handed the check envelope to Jenna and I opened the thick one.

It was a signed real estate agreement for a house less than a block away. I showed it to my 'wife' explaining what it was, got up and shook my Dad's hand and kissed my mother on the lips.

A house! He bought us a house — and close by too!

Jenna looked up at me anxious to be given the OK to open her envelope. I said, "Go ahead."

She ripped it open and showed me a check written for $300,000 dollars — I couldn't breathe. We all hugged as Mom got us up and to the front door.

She opened it and we saw, with a great big bow on it, a brand new white Honda Odyssey!

"Dad — you didn't have to do all of this, really?" I said bursting into tears.

"Our son and our daughter each deserve everything we can give them; the van means be over here for dinner every chance you get, the money is for filling your house with love and babies, OK?" he said. "I don't want to see you in the office for at least two days — you got that?"

"Yes, sir — Mr. Moore!"


Our honeymoon was superb — in the Odyssey's glove compartment was a voucher for three days and nights at the local Marriott Inn.

Not even for food did we leave that room, constantly in each other's arms, kissing, making out and much much more. She was insatiable as we tried various new techniques and variations. The 'Howler' was unleashed and she kept me worn out, but with a marvelous smile on my face for three days.

We checked out and finally drove up to our new home. I got the keys, picked her up and opened the door to what I'd assumed would be an empty house. Mom and Dad were actually on the sofa making out when we walked in.

"Hey you two, got sick of each other yet?" dad asked.

"Never in a million years, Daddy!" Jenna responded.

They got up and walked toward the front door with Dad turning to say, "Whether you can walk straight or not, I need you at work tomorrow, Robert — OK?"

"Yes sir, Mr. Moore — I'll drop my Mrs. Moore by your Mrs. Moore so they can plan whatever two pregnant women will plan, while us men go to cave and bring back rocks!"

I was still holding my new 'partner' in my arms as the folks left.

"Let me down, I want to look at everything Robby," my beautiful pregnant little sister said.

On the kitchen counter were the things we opened four days ago, alongside a fully furnished kitchen. The master bedroom and the living were also already furnished.


Day to day, we began our lives as a married couple, me going off to work, after dropping Jen off at Mom's. Occasionally, Dad would drop Mom off at our place and Mom would give Jen some cooking lessons.

The plans for the new schools were taking final shape as Dad and I geared up for our presentation. He invested in a projector that I could run from my computer to show the plans. We were ready a full month before hand, but the powers that be were as eager to see our designs and I was to show them.

They were blown away with our presentation, lauding Dad as the finest designer architect the city had ever had. He humbly gave me some credit along with declaring that the local schools were where both of his children went.

We printed it off and also gave them a thumb drive of the plans as we got our hefty check from them, including a time-based bonus.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.