Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 190

We went back inside to finish our breakfast. An older man came by to leave his card on our table. "You never know," he said smiling."

"Bob you are a defense lawyer, now why in the world would I need you," I asked.

"You never know when the Sheriff will get a hair up his ass toward you," He said.

"Well Bob, if the Sheriff gets a hard on for me, I'll give you a call." I replied.

"I might make you a special price, you never know," the older man said.

"Fair enough I laughed," as I handed The Brit one of his cards.

"Bob Dell Attorney at law," The Brit read. "He any good."

"He says he is, and the D.A. hates him, which is usually a good reference for a defense attorney," I admitted.

"I'll keep that in mind," The Brit said.

"Me too," Andrew said.

"Andrew you aren't going to need a lawyer up here," I said.

"Oh you just never know about that," he said.

I just finished my breakfast when one of the Sheriff's Deputies walked into the restaurant. He walked directly up to the table and seated himself. "Make yourself comfortable," Andrew said. He didn't live in Warren County so it made no difference to him what the deputy thought of him.

"Pay him no attention, Michaels," I said. "I see you are still a sergeant."

"Yeah Sylvie promotion is slow around here. So how you been?" he asked.

"I been okay and you? I mostly been doing consult work here and there. Having that pension helps some." I said.

"Yeah, you know that guy out there in the ambulance has one of those smart ass defense lawyers, He is gonna wanna know, if you had to do that," Michaels commented.

"Yeah tell him and the rest of them that it was that or let him get killed," I said.

"How you mean?" Michaels asked.

"You know as well as I do, if he kept that pistol on me, someone would have gotten nervous and he would have died." I kept my eyes on my coffee cup, but I sensed him look over at The Brit and Andrew. I knew they were both packing and he did as well. I was sure some witnesses explained why the bad guy had stopped on the courthouse steps.

"Your friends all have carry permits?" he asked.

"Now Michaels, you gonna take my word for it?" I asked

"Yeah I am," he said.

"Then of course they do. They are all private protective agents." I said.

"Then I guess he is lucky," Michaels said to the table in general. Everyone nodded their heads. "So the detective might want to talk to you later," With that Michaels stood and left.

"So what you want to do after breakfast," The Brit asked. "I'm thinking we might all want to wrestle a bear."

"Or go over to the pub and go to the top floor for an orgy." I suggested.

"You know Jeremy is like an old church lady," Andrew said as he laughed. Brit didn't seem to find it funny. I didn't commit to either school of thought.

"Andrew why don't you and I go see an old friend of mine," I suggested. He didn't look all that happy but he agreed.

When we got in the car I said, "We are going to have to find him first. I want him for some information about making liquor."

"So how do you find him," Robert asked.

"I'm going to start by finding someone he owes money," I said and laughed.

"Oh and how do we do that," Andrew asked.

"Believe it or not, we start at breakfast this morning," I said.

"Okay, why don't you show a dumb gunslinger how you operate," he suggested.

I leaned against my truck and placed a call to Bob Dell the lawyer from breakfast. "Bob it's Sylvia Porter, you said to call if I needed help." I said.

"Okay what you need Sylvia?" Bob asked.

"Well you remember that Blossom guy. The one they called Bosco?' I asked.

"Sure, I got him off a possession of non tax paid liquor last summer." Bob answered.

"Well you kept him out of jail I heard, but he is still on probation," I replied.

"Now that is a fact," he replied.

"I need some consulting work from him. Not any actual work with anything that would see him in jail, just some information of a hypothetical nature." I said.

"Well I know he needs money, because he owes me five hundred bucks. Tell you what give him a message for me, and I'll tell you where to find him." he said.

"Oh course Bob," I replied.

"I think he lives with his sister now, but I know he works first shift at the dog food plant. You could catch him after work in the parking lot." he said.

"He still drive that tricked out El Camino?" I asked.

"He does indeed, that ugly old green bitch. So if you find him you mention my name he should know what it's about," Bob said.

"Deal," I said.

"Andrew asked, "What you want with him?"

"Well Andrew I have Flavored white liquor, but I never brewed any from scratch. Now Bosco knows how to make plain old white liquor from the old days. I busted him for transporting it, now he is working in the dog food plant. He might be willing to consult and advise me." I said.

"He might be willing to set your ass up," Andrew said.

"I don't think Andrew would be a snitch. We aren't friends but it was okay. I did what I was doing at the time and he did what he was doing. Now both of us are doing other things, But we will see." I said.

"So I'm assuming he won't be off work at 10AM, if he is working first shift," Andrew said.

"Exactly Andrew he wont be off till 3PM and it's only 10AM now. So let's me and you ride through the parking lot of the dog food plant to see if his old truck is there. If it is we will come back closer to 3PM. if not I'll try to find his sister." I said. Andrew nodded his understanding.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.