Deputy Porter
Chapter 157

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Brit and Tomas went to home depot at the plaza again. They probably knew all the cashiers by name. They bought the four pieces of pressed board and wrapped them with a plastic tarp which I paid for as well. They were back before the four o'clock deadline. The best they could do was push the board into the house before I paid Tomas for the day.

After he had gone The Brit asked me, "How do you feel about hanging this shit. It will be a damn sight easier before it starts to pour rain.

"I'll give it a try as long as you hold the nails for me to hit with the hammer," I held up my club hand.

"Tell you what, you hold the boards in place I'll attach it to the wall." The Brit said. He put something called liquid nail on the studs before we started. Then while I held them in place, he ran screw with little plastic medallions into the wood frame they had installed earlier. It seemed that it only took minutes to apply the wall board. It actually took an hour but the time flew by.

Wanna see how your bathroom is going to look" he asked me.

I helped him work the flimsy fiberglass shower into place. Once we pressed to two walls into the corner and anchored them. It made the shower more stable.

"Tomorrow we will attach it with more of those screws with those plastic things. That should hold it pretty good, We will have to frame that one side that is loose." The plastic sink was very easy to set in place it weighed nothing. Now the toilet was a problem but we managed to sit it in the rear corner of the container.

When we stepped back, it looked really good. It was a nice fit and it took up the whole eight foot rear wall. The day ended on an upbeat note. On the way home I bought two baking potatoes, which were huge, and 'fixins' packs from the deli in the store. I put the potatoes in the microwave and baked them, sorta. The package of 'fixins' contained sour cream, chives, and bacon bits.

We ate the hot as hell, potatoes drank diet coke and laughed. When it was good and dark The Brit asked, "Are you going to chat and masturbate again?"

"I won't, if you would rather I didn't," I said.

"Actually I would rather you did. While you to that I think I will go to a site I use on line," he said. I guess, I was a little surprised, but by then I didn't really mind. The Brit was like a big brother by that time.

Even though we each did our own thing, we slept together. Well in the same bed anyway. I enjoyed the steady breathing next to me, I have no idea what he enjoyed, but obviously there was something.

It was raining hard the next day. Everybody canceled everything, including me and the bike ride. Even the hard ass Brit said, "Fuck it," and rolled over to sleep an extra hour.

After that hour I went to the drive through at Hardee's for biscuits. We quickly ran to the box and jumped in. It was our first chance to check it for leaks. There were none, for that I was grateful. Tomas showed up right on time. I was glad though I doubted we would have enough to keep him busy for the day.

He started right away to set the plumbing fixtures. He had them set by noon. He asked if he could work inside building frames for them. I expected it was to get enough time so he could get paid for a full day. I said sure, having no idea what he would do.

Tomas built a false wall beside the shower stall to made it sturdy. Then he build a frame around the sink to make it stronger. He told Brit that he could buy some shutter doors for the front. He and The Brit had cut holes in the floor for the drains of the sink toilet and shower which Tomas set. Tomas had purchased all the material when we bought the fixtures. The last thing Tomas and Brit did was to change layouts for the windows. He based the new layouts on measurements The Brit had picked up off the net.

Tomas ran totally out of materials by 3PM, but I paid him for the full day. The weather was supposed to be good the next days. Just to be safe, I paid him to pick up the thin white pressed board laminate for the rest of the place. The bath laminate had blue flowers on a while field, so I had him get solid white for the rest of the place. He was also going to buy two different widths of wood shelf boards. I had no idea what they were for, but Bret said to trust them both, so I did.

After Tomas left the Brit and I sat on some building material and looked out the door of the container. I didn't let them install the sliding door so it was just a big hole with the two metal doors open. The unhung door had to be taken out of the container every day to make room to work. Since it was raining we had left it in that day and worked around it. It was still in its box and leaning against the wall, so it make a good back rest.

"I want some coffee. We should go," I said.

"I called Colonel Martin," The Brit said out of the blue.

"Are you tired of this place already?" I asked a little sadly.

"Not at all. I asked if he would put me on the contractors list. I would be like you, Helen, and half a dozen others." He said.

"You will lose your monthly salary," I said.

"I have some saved, I think I will invest in a business. Something that leaves me time to do other things," he said.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.