Deputy Porter
Chapter 115

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Having seen Rodney with his big hand around the junkie looking Dude's throat, I stopped worrying about him. He had come to cover my back, when it counted. It there had been a threat to his girl or Soda, he might not have been there. I would not have blamed him for covering Soda, while I dealt with the immediate threat. Of course Swamp Dog was gonna be pissed that we left Soda to take care of two guys running away with a shopping bag full of money. My argument, if Joan made a report, was a man with a gun in Soda's vicinity was a potential threat.

Yes it was bullshit, but it would fly. Since her access to cock would be affected as well, I didn't think she would complain. She could probably request I be transfered, and I would never be able to prove that it was her. Just a realignment of forces.

It was a good thing that we were having a travel day that Monday because we didn't get back to the motel till 3AM. What with the cops writing reports, then the detective showing up. Just because there was a gunshot, we had to stay and go over the same story with the detective.

Then there was all the bullshit from the crew on the bus who witnessed the whole thing. They needed a hero for the little incident, so they chose both me and Rodney. The one comment that summed it up came from Soda's number one man. "I never seen nothing like it. You two running at those stickup men. Me, I was trying to hide under the seat, and you just ran up them and took them on. I ain't never gonna forget that."

"It's what we are paid to do," I said.

"No ma'am you was paid to hide in the bus and keep my man safe," he said.

"Why, I knew you had the bus covered," I said throwing him a bone.

"Yeah, I guess," he replied smiling.

I had told the truth sorta. A stranger would have had a hard time getting on the bus, even if the crew was window dressing, they were window dressing with guns.

When we finally got back to the Embassy I got Rodney off to the side, and said, "Well I got no more questions about where you stand." He simply nodded, smiled and went into Joan's Suite.

It took me a while to wind down, but when I did, I slept hard. However it was for must to short a time. Check out time was noon, so I put a wake up in for 10AM. That would have given me six hours sleep. I didn't last that long I was up at 8AM.

The first thing I did was cancel the wake up call, then I put on the running suit which was a little smelly, but dry. I took off from the motel and ran till 9:15AM. I got back in time to shower then sit down naked to remove the elastic bandage. I had a feeling the hand was swollen some. Even before the previous night's altercation, I could not make a fist. That morning even trying was too painful. I might have put myself right back at the beginning, therapy wise.

With the bandage off, I used my right hand to guide it to the table. It was a little swollen and it throbbed. I though a day or two on the road would take care of it, so I re wrapped it. I searched for and found my sling. I probably could hide the stun gun it there, if I needed to easily access it.

I walked from the door at 10AM and headed out to breakfast. I noticed that Joan's suite door was open. "Hey hold up," she said. I stopped outside her door.

"I wanted to tell you that was a hell of a thing you two did last night. Nobody got hurt and two bad guys went to jail. Well done."

"Is there a but coming?" I asked.

"No but, just a big pat on the back," she said. "Why the sling?"

"I did a little damage to my hand last night. Nothing a couple of aspirin and a day in a sling won't cure. If you would like to have me replaced, this is a no harm, no foul time to do it." I said it to give us all a way out.

"I couldn't, even if I did want to, Soda would have a fit. This time the boss would listen." You are a bona fide heroine. Of course Rodney is a hero as well. I expect even swamp dog would like the coverage, I gave it on the web. Photos at eleven. I will check the local newspaper when they post it on line and add a link to the story." Joan said.

"You do that," I replied turning to go have breakfast.

"Do you want Rodney to drive today," She asked.

"No thanks, we are on downtime. I can make it work to get to the next event. You two have fun," I said.

"I would offer Reggie but she is Persona Non Grata, I expect," she said.

"Well thanks again, but no thanks. I'll pick up a hitchhiker, if need be, it would be safer. If you want to help, check me out. I'll go back and get my bag from the room," I suggested.

I had come to like the chain breakfast joint, so I went there for a pancake and bacon sandwich. Who would have thought sugary syrup and bacon would be so damn good.

"Well hello how are you?" the waitress asked. "Why the sling. I saw you yesterday with a bandage, but no sling."

"You are very observant, but it is just a ploy to gain attention from pretty waitresses," I said being far to obvious to do any good. Also I was on my way out of town.

"Well thanks but I have a girlfriend already," she said. "So what else can I do for you?" she asked looking down at her pad.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.