Deputy Porter - Cover

Deputy Porter

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Chapter 67

The two men from the big Mercedes searched the truck looking for the drugs. Then they tried the bathroom, but it was locked like the sign said. Then they went back to the Mercedes to wait.

They had to know we had cell phone, so they should have expected our thug army to be on the way. Since they appeared to be just waiting, I called Barry. "We got problems here," I said.

"What kind of problems?" He asked the concern in his voice.

"When we got to our first delivery the signal from the pickup people was wrong. I thought it was an ambush, so I split. The came after us like it was a hijacking. We had to leave the truck in a parking lot on the side of the road and take to the woods." I said.

"So where are you now and where is my package?" he asked.

"We're fine, thanks for asking. I have your package and we are watching the men, who are watching my truck," I informed him. "There are two of them right now, but they might be waiting for friends and daylight to pursue us."

"They are watching the truck to be sure you don't come back and take off. When the sun comes up they will try to find you. It's not a good place to be at night," Barry said.

"You are right it's cold that's why I called you." I replied.

"It's going to be morning before I can get a crew. That's the bad news. The good news it will probably take them just as long, if they can arrange one at all," Barry said.

"Well do what you can Barry," I said.

"Don't do anything stupid," he replied.

"You mean like trying to avoid frostbite," I said.

"It isn't that cold. You stay put and just wait till daylight," was Barry's advice.

"So Bruce, Barry said to sit tight and he might come for us. More likely he will come for his drugs. To be honest with you Barry is out of his element in the woods at night. Maybe they will be here sometime tomorrow, but I doubt it. Besides which the bad guys are going to have gun thugs on the way as well. So what do you want to do?" I asked.

"I want to sit tight like Barry said," was his answer. He was shivering I expected he needed the obvious pointed out to him.

"Well its about six more hour till daylight, and thats just sunrise. There won't be any heat from the sun reaching the forest floor. It is gonna be more like 10AM before that happens. We have no idea which group of gun thugs get here first, so it's several hours of being chilled and then it's watch either a grand reunion or a gun battle of some sort which our side might or might not win."

"Yeah, it don't sound like the best possible world does it?" he asked.

"No it don't. There is an alternative," I suggested.

"I had a feeling you had an idea. It involves us ambushing them don't it?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm afraid so. There is a good side though," I said.

"What is that?" he asked.

"We can wait till daylight, if things don't look right," I said.

"What do you call right?" he asked.

"Well we want them back in the car first of all. If they both get in the care we can get behind them. If not, then we wait for daylight," I suggested.

"We are going to get really cold while we wait for them to get back in the car. Aren't we?" he said.

"Yeah there are some down sides," I admitted. "They aren't soldiers and likely never were, so they won't take long to get to cold and move to the car. Also when they first get in they will likely turn on the car so they won't be able to hear shit." I looked over at Bruce in the almost total darkness.

He shook his head and then said, "Well it sure would make me feel better to get them out in the cold." Bruce looked really cold. He clearly wasn't dressed for it, but then neither was I. Weather at night got really cold in the mountains. We were in the spring of the year, but it still had to be down in the low forties by that time.

I wasn't going to give them time to fall asleep for one thing they might be going to have people coming, so if we had the opportunity, we had to go with it. Oh they got back in the car but they left the windows rolled down. It was about an hour after I left the truck and I was pretty damn miserable. I knew Bruce had to be as well, but he didn't want to show it. "Okay," I whispered. "We can work our way around behind them, We should be able to slip up on the car, since they have the heater on. They think we are in the wind and they are just sitting on the car to deny us use of it. We slip up and put a pistol in each one's ear."

"Sounds good, do we shoot them," he said.

"It would be much, much better if we didn't." I said. Bruce just nodded.

It took us over an hour to work our way around the edge of the parking lot. It was dark as hell and we stayed on the dark side of the parking lot lights. When we were directly behind the car I motioned for Bruce to move forward and I did the same. I was at a very bad angle for the driver to point his pistol at me. He did have the window down thinking it would help him hear. Those heater motors were so powerful I would have had to be a cow in order to make enough noise to be heard above it.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.