Zeus and Io - Books 1 and 2 - Cover

Zeus and Io - Books 1 and 2

Copyright 2012,2013 by Harry Carton

Chapter 25

Monday, Memorial Day – Orlando

Team Alpha: 5225

Alpha 1, the team leader who had no other name, had been awake for several hours. At 0500 hours, the email arrived. It was longer than usual and encoded. He pasted the private key into the software he had and began to read.

To: Alpha 1 From: 5225 Actual

Our source has revealed four locations, one of which will be the launch point for the terrorist attack. Alpha 1 is assigned to a bridge at GPS 28.380187, -81.582906 southwest of the Disney complex in Orlando. You will approach on foot and be prepared to take them out with extreme prejudice. Other team leaders are being directed to other sites. The exact attack time is not clear to our source, but the sun is expected to be well up in the sky.

We have only three teams, so the remainder of each team will be directed to the fourth site.

Be prepared, also, to take down the Gold Level target we have been tracking for several weeks. He is not to be harmed. Our source confirms that he will also be at the site of the terrorist attack, and will attempt to take them out. He is a male, a former Navy NCO, of Latin descent. Your first priority is the terrorists.

We expect heavy police involvement once the targets are eliminated. Maintain radio and internet silence until you reach a secure location. Take adequate precautions.

He looked on his internet mapping service and determined that that GPS location was on an unnamed service road, about half a mile from three very large tanks and a waste water service installation, just off Bear Island Road.

He did a quick check, and inventoried his weapons: sniper rifle with scope, personal sidearm, tranquilizer handgun with six darts. He loaded his backpack, and set out to his assigned location.

He exited the highway at Bear Island Road, at 0622. He pulled off that road and hid his sedan in the heavy underbrush. He set off through the woods, and eventually found a hide for himself, south of the target site. He was up a tree, with a good view of the bridge and the swamp-water drainage canal. He took out his thermos of coffee, and an energy bar, and waited.

Edited By TeNderLoin and a mystery person who doesn't want a credit.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.