The Mountain Man
Chapter 23

Copyright© March 2009 by FelixRex

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 23 - An orphaned loner builds a new life in the mountains he loves. He is confronted by an orphaned female and struggles with her and himself as they strive to build a new life together. The story has at least 6 parts though the first part is mainly character and plot development. Please be patient.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Mult   Consensual   Incest   Brother   Sister   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Lactation   Pregnancy   Voyeurism   Slow  

With Mary's birth, the other four kids cut their 'play time' with their other halves, way down. The rather traumatic experience had given all of them – especially the girls – a completely new perspective on what sex was all about. It was still pleasurable, to be sure, but there was a great responsibility involved as well. More than anyone, it was the girls that put the brakes on the 'horsing around.' There was just too much at stake to risk becoming pregnant at too young an age. They all found time to be alone but, more often than not, there was less play and more talk. The girls, especially, wanted to know that their 'men' were going to be responsible and not just horny boys. The boys were forced to start making plans for land, cabins, livestock and all sorts of things that would be needed for wooing potential mates – even though their mates were already known. The girls had, all of a sudden, become very concerned about their security and showed it by becoming models of propriety!

The next year or so saw both boys become much more attentive to their responsibilities. They still had fun with the girls but that fun revolved more around dreaming and planning for their lives together than actual 'playing house.' Oh sure, they still played with each other and gave and received some really great orgasms but all of them studiously avoided crossing the line into actual sexual intercourse.

Both couples scouted the high meadow for land that fitted their needs. None of them wanted to be too far away from the main cabin or from Adam and Eve, but they didn't want to be too close either. Even though all of them were exactly the same age and had been raised together, even to bathing together and sleeping in the same bed for many years, they didn't want to be too close to each other as married couples. Eventually both couples found parts of the high meadow that suited their collective tastes.

Abe and Sarah found a small meadow to the north, off the high meadow, that was somewhat isolated but close enough to Adam and Eve should they be needed. Isaac and Rachel found a place, similar to Adam and Eve's, but closer to the main cabin. It was a compromise that allowed them to still be close to Abe and Sarah but close enough to their parents, too. At the girls' insistence, the boys started clearing the land and laying the foundations for their cabins. Adam, Tom and George pitched in to help, giving timely advice and suggestions, but most of the work was done by the two couples themselves. Water wasn't a problem as each location had its own spring-fed stream that fed into the main stream by the main cabin. As long as they remembered not to pollute their own respective streams, they wouldn't raise the ire of their parents!

Over the year the cabins were raised and furnished. Plumbing was added, similar to the plumbing in Adam and Eve's cabin, flowing into a septic tank field downhill from each cabin. Livestock were accommodated by a new barn on each site, and each homestead was really taking shape. It was slow going but by doing the work themselves – mostly – all of them had a good appreciation of their labor and a real pride of ownership.

Both couples had grown in the process and were almost ready to begin adult life.

A family conference was scheduled in the main cabin and everyone was invited. It was as much an initiation for the two couples as it was a conference. Whereas Adam and Eve had come to their own awakening as adults, Abe and Sarah and Isaac and Rachel, had not. The older adults – and Adam and Eve – wanted to see if the four kids really understood what adulthood was all about. They wanted to talk with them about the responsibilities of adulthood and, especially, parenthood. If they didn't, they would not be allowed to set up housekeeping.

The four kids sensed that this was not going to be an ordinary conference. Everyone was there, including their siblings, Adam and Eve, and Mary. Being the oldest, George and Jenny started off by asking what they thought about working together. None of the kids knew where this conference was going but they knew that all of them needed to answer truthfully and completely.

Abe said that working together was important because not everything could be done by him. Cooperation was vital too, because it was a way of sharing himself in order to achieve a larger goal. As far as he and Sarah were concerned, working together on their cabin together had given both of them a real sense that this was something of both of them together, not just them individually. Sarah echoed Abe by saying the she felt a sense of accomplishment when they both dug out their septic field, knowing that it was hard work and that neither of them could have done it alone. Both of them said that they now knew and appreciated the hard work that their parents – and Adam and Eve – had done to create the lives that they all now enjoyed.

Tom and Julie asked about living alone with themselves, especially in the winter. That was a tougher one for them but Rachel started out. She thought that "it would be fun to be alone," but added that that thought was just her first impression. She knew what winter was like: the isolation, the cold, the cooped up feeling for months on end. She said "that to endure all that with just one other person would be hard. It would take a lot of patience to look out for the other person without being overwhelmingly close, to be sensitive to the other's needs and wants without being overly solicitous. It would mean understanding when the other one wanted to be close and when they needed to be alone. It meant sharing tasks that might not be to their liking in order to accomplish a higher goal. It meant giving of themselves for the benefit of their partner, without any expectation of reward or recognition, and giving up themselves to and for the service of others."

Isaac answered a little differently. He said that "it was his duty to look after his partner." He stopped for a moment and continued. "More than a duty, though. It's the result of my commitment to my mate. It's hard to explain but when Rachel and I take the final step into marriage, it'll be like we're one person, though not one person. It'll be one life that we live that's shared by both of us."

Adam and Eve listened intently, smiling quietly and nodding, but saying nothing. They were remembering their own decision about adulthood and the trials and tribulations that they had endured during their first winter. Eve's pregnancy hadn't been easy for either one of them, even though they both wanted it. There had been several times that they had become aggravated with each other and had separated, each to their corner of the cabin, sometimes for several hours. Each time they had, they thought about the arguments and how they reacted, and then put aside their own preconceived notions of being right and apologized to the other. They gave up attacking each other and attacked the problem. It was a fundamental change in their growth from childhood to adulthood.

Listening to their siblings, it dawned on all of the adult couples that the four siblings might make pretty good adult couples after all. Knowing how to act, though, and living through those trials was going to be two different things. All four of them would have to learn how to put their words into action when the time came.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.