Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
Chapter 5

 

The day of the party was here and we dressed up in one of our singing outfits, Joanie is practically busting out of her top. We told Mom and dad that we'd get some new outfits as soon as possible.

Truth be told—Joanie looked really HOT!

We went in separate cars and got to the Elks Lodge where this was happening and they went whole hog on this—streamers everywhere!

We found the stage with two mikes and mike stands. We did a quick sound check and found the DJ who would be playing music during the Dinner and after we were done—he agreed to start our music for us. I handed him our two cassettes and we joined Mom and dad for dinner.

They had the same food for everyone, but it was good—a medium sized sirloin steak, corn and mashed potatoes. Joanie and I finished quickly and excused ourselves, giving Mom and dad a kiss as we left to go talk to the DJ. His name was RK the DJ, a little older than you usually find, but he had a nice collection of older music, from the 40s and 50s especially. He could be a source of music in the future, so we got one of his cards.

This is the first time in a while I was nervous about performing, but my girl—my sister gave me a quick kiss and that settled me down.

We got up on the stage and I said, "Hi—I'm Jerry" and my sis said, "And I'm Joanie."

There was an applause as we started with "Bridge Over troubled Water," "When your weary... " and they loved it.

Joanie went right into "Snowbird," sounding as good if not better than Anne Murray herself. When that was over, I stopped and talked for a minute.

"Folks, my sister and I have been singing together for seven years."

"That's eight years, Jerry—We've been singing together since I was nine and you were eleven—you're nineteen ... so that makes it eight years!"

The crowd chuckled at our patter.

"Yes dear, eight wonderful glorious and crazy years!" I said, with the men getting behind me now.

"Yes, my dear brother—Eight of the most fascinating, exhilarating and tortuous years of my—still young life."

The ladies in the audience howled in agreement as I motioned RK to start.

"But Joanie, you know how much I love you, don't you?"

They all went 'Awwwwwww' as we started to sing "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" as the audience got quiet and listened as we sang to one another this most remarkable song.

When it was over, they stood up and applauded as I came close to kissing my sister.

I stepped away as I had RK start Joanie's solo, "Nobody Does it Better," which she sang brilliantly to accolades when she was done.

We got through our first ten songs and then I said, "We're taking a little break—back in 10!"

We thanked RK and got back to the table and drank some water as our table of people, including our parents burst into applause. I put my hand on Joanie's ass we soaked it all in.

Mom was sitting on my other side and leaned in and said, "I saw you twice almost kiss her, be careful Jerry!"

"I know Mom, it means so much more now that we're lovers, sorry!"

We got up and walked back up on stage and I sang "Crying in the Chapel" to boisterous applause.

Although we didn't have the props, we got into our characters to sing our next song, with Joanie taking the persona of the TV show Cher, as I took on Sonny.

It starts with Joanie,

"They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we're grown"

(I join in!)


"Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me and baby I got you"

(Together)


"Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe"

"They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, Our money's all been spent"


"I guess that's so, we don't have a pot
But at least I'm sure of all the things we got"

"Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe"

"I got flowers in the spring
I got you to wear my ring"


"And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always around..."

(Everybody was singing along through the 'I Gots')

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.