Leanne - Cover

Leanne

Copyright© 2012 by SeaWarrior

Chapter 5

The next day found me in Sarah's office. I had just finished bringing her up to date. Asking for the lie detector test for Leanne was the final step in her plan. Sarah agreed with me that it was highly unlikely that Leanne would agree to take the test. "Just in case, I've worked up some questions for Leanne. Monte, I want you to take these and look them over. I don't think that they will prove much one way or the other when she left to sow some pollen. I do believe that they will show if she did date and maybe even show if she was naughty or not."

The questions had to be the type that would be answered with either a yes or no. It was a progression of questions that worked up to and including whether she had been unfaithful. It looked pretty simple to me, but I felt that it was all an exercise in futility. She would do the same as last time. She would not want to disclose her behavior while separated from me, so she would elect not to take the test. Also she would not continue the counseling sessions. Of this I was sure.

Monday, I showed up for work on time, ready to start the life I planned to live post-divorce. I figured the divorce was now a slam dunk. This is the first day of the rest of my life and I plan to live it to the fullest. I will get out there and start meeting and dating eligible ladies. I have kept up my workouts at the gym and was close to being in the best condition of my life. I was beginning to be excited about my new life. Sam would still be an important part of my life. My soon-to-be ex-wife would not.

I spoke with Loretta and she told me that she had recommended to the judge that the session cease, if Leanne failed to take the lie detector test. I then spoke with Sarah as well. She was going to wait a week and if she had not heard from my wife, she would request the courts continue with divorce proceedings. Everything was all in place, only waiting for Leanne or the passing of the week.

Guess what? I had my first date since I married. Her name was Sandra and we met at My Place. I bought her a drink and we talked. We talked for a couple of hours and then I asked her for a date. It was a simple date. I figured that I needed to take baby steps. We went to dinner and then dancing. We had a blast. I had not had so much fun in ages. We finished the night on her door step. We kissed for a few minutes and then as she went into her apartment, she whispered, "Call me!"

The next day at work I was on cloud nine. Everyone at work could see it. Many commented on how happy I seemed. My secretary, Paula, could not stop kidding me throughout the day. And that was how the rest of my week went. I was happy and content. Finally, I felt that things were going my way. I had begun to make plans to sell the house and move into a condo. I began thinking maybe I would update my wardrobe and perhaps I could start looking at a reasonably priced sports car.

Friday came and there was still no word from Leanne. That didn't surprise me one bit. I heard nothing from either Sarah or Loretta. Sam called me to check up and see how I was holding up. She was a little surprised to hear how well I was taking all the turmoil. I told her that I was going to have a small gathering of some friends this weekend and invited her to come over and join us.

Saturday afternoon, I was standing by my BBQ pit with a beer in my hand. I had invited a few people from work. Sarah had joined us and surprisingly, Loretta came as well. We all had a great time. We chatted and laughed and I managed to mingle with everyone. It was a success and I ended the day content and just a bit tired. I had taken just another baby step in my deliverance into the single life.

So there I sat in my office on a great Monday. I usually didn't care for Monday's because it was the day that always screwed up a good weekend. But on that day I didn't care that it was Monday. I felt that I was on top of the world because I was sure that my wonderful lawyer would be able to convince the judge to allow my divorce petition to move forward towards its final moments.

All my staff could tell that I was in a good mood. I smiled at everyone and said a hearty "Good Morning!" to each and every person. Men make plans and the gods laugh. Just then my secretary told me that my lawyer was on the line. I swooped grandly into my office to hear the good news.

"Monte, she did it. I just can't believe that she did it!" Sarah was practically gasping for air as she spoke.

"Please calm down Sarah. Who is she and what did she do?"

"Your wife has agreed to take the lie detector test. Hell, I would have bet good money she would never agree to the test. Now I have to scramble around and find someone to administer our questions. I'm sorry that I was caught short on this one."

I could hear the exasperation in her voice. I had to agree with her completely. I was stunned by her announcement. "She can't do that now. I thought that Friday was the deadline. She is too late now. You get on the phone right now and tell that judge that I want the divorce to proceed without further delay."

"I'm sorry but she was not too late. She told the court late Friday that she would take the test. We have no reason to ask the court for anything since she has met our demands. Again, I'm so sorry. I was just so sure and I feel that I've let you down."

I took a deep breath and slowly counted several measures. "So we have no choice. She gets her test and we just have to deal with yet another delay. How soon do you think that you can set it up?"

"It might take a few days. Maybe I can call in a favor or two to expedite things. I'll just have to let you know when it will happen."

I gave Sarah a curt goodbye and fell back in my chair. I was still having some trouble believing that Leanne was willing to take the test. I knew for a fact that she had been afraid when we first broached the idea. I finally realized that I had no choice now. I would just have to wait and see what the results turned out to be. With a sigh, I turned back to my desk and the work that was waiting for me.

The next afternoon, Sarah called to let me know that the test had been scheduled for the following Thursday and that Leanne had been notified. She had agreed to the time and date. We would probably not have the results before Monday. The frustration of too much time passing was really beginning to wear me down. I wanted all the crap that I had endured for the last year to come to an end. I wanted to start living the rest of my life.

I couldn't help myself. I was on pins and needles just waiting for the results of the infamous test. I was at the point where I didn't care what the results turned out to be. In my mind, there was no issue about my wife's conduct. It no longer was of any concern to me. I kept coming back to the simple fact that I wanted my release from this prison of a marriage that I had endured for the last year.

Finally Monday again arrived. All parties agreed to meet at 3:30 pm in Sarah's office. There would be Sarah, Loretta, Leanne and me. We would go over the questions asked and the results for each one. There would only be one of three answers to the truthfulness of Leanne's responses. There would be true, false or inconclusive.

I tried to be there exactly on time, but still managed to be almost 20 minutes early. "Oh well, it is what it is." That had become my mantra over the last several months. I stalled for several minutes, but finally entered Sarah's outer office and found to my surprise that everyone was already present.

Leanne looked carefully at me trying to judge my mood. I guess I didn't look too threatening as she greeted me. "Hello Monty, it's nice to see you." I answered with a grunt as I looked towards my lawyer's receptionist. She gave me a slight nod and I strode purposefully past everyone into Sarah's office.

Sarah looked up from her desk, "Hi Monty." She waved a sealed envelope at me and continued, "Here are the results from the lie detector test. Leanne has requested that we open the envelope in the presence of all concerned. So if you are ready, we will adjourn to the conference room." I simply nodded and turned to leave with Sarah coming behind me.

After we all trooped into the conference room and took our seats, everyone turned to Sarah and the envelope that was prominent before her. Suddenly, I wasn't so sure that I wanted to hear what was in that envelope. For one brief moment, I just wanted my old life with my wife back. I yearned for that time before all the shit that I had endured for the last year. The moment passed, but I was still shaken by the intensity of my emotions.

"Sarah, before you open that envelope, I have some things to say." Leanne continued, "I have a lot of things that I need to address that all concern what I feel to have been the absolute worst year of my life. Only Loretta has any idea of what I want, no, what I need to say to you, my husband."

I'm sure that my face reflected the same surprised and stunned look, as we all turned and looked at Loretta.

Loretta gave us a small smile saying, "Sorry to surprise all of you like this. Leanne made me make her a promise that I would keep secret the fact that I have been counseling her for the last three months. I am confident to say that she has made some impressive strides in her treatment, especially after we managed to get her hormones under control and following that we then were able to treat her for the deep depression she had been suffering for possibly as long as two or three years."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.