Life as a Teenage Human Girl - Cover

Life as a Teenage Human Girl

Copyright© 2012 by celf

Chapter 8

[Emily]

Emily and Jane were still chatting about the dream as Emily got ready for school.

"Message from Jane; so to sum up the dream, I found out that the goddess is real, that she has the power to - for the lack of a better word - 'restore' my colour magic to that of a normal elf. And that she wish's us to find three more, three who can be given colour magic, what I don't understand is that you said it can only pass to our children. So how can they be given colour magic?" Ben relayed Jane's message to Emily.

Before Emily could send back her reply, Ben sent. "I am sending this to Jane as well; sorry to but in, but your children are not the only way, how do you think the first elves to have colour magic came to have it?"

"Send to Jane; Ben I have no idea how. I never asked myself that question. Oh, I get it, if the goddess can restore colour magic, then it goes without saying that she can bestow colour magic."

"Message from Jane; well that sounds good, but who? Who are the three she was referring to."

"Send to Jane; don't know. But I bet it'll have to be someone at the school, the question is who is the most open about magic at the school."

"Message from Jane; someone at the school, whose open about magic. Oh my, you don't think she was referring to Hannah, Helen and Tom, do you? They're the three most open about magic and best at magic in the magic club."

"Send to Jane; ok, they are a maybe, question is can they keep a secret, I know that you and Anna have hidden your true magic level from them with your wards."

"Message from Jane; Oh my, will my ward be enough now, or will we have to recast the ward, like we had to for you?"

"Send to Jane; don't know. Stay on the safe side and try not to touch anyone, if Anna does touch you, tell her you have no idea why. Later, when we have more magic power to spare, we will recast your ward and a new one on to Anna as well."

"Message from Jane; that is a good idea. So Hannah, Helen and Tom, what do we do? Ask them? Wait for Mom to get her familiar? Look for others? What do you think we should do?"

"Send to Jane; for now we keep an eye open for anyone who could make the list, and yes, Hannah, Helen and Tom are right at the top right now. Even if Helen and Tom fight like cats and dogs. When Anna has met our goddess, then we will ask her as well."

"Message from Jane; I think Tom was showing off for you, do not ask me why he got it in his head to show off like that. Hannah told me when she got back to class, that after we left Tom stopped trying to egg Helen on."

"Send to Jane; Boys, human and elf alike, at that age you never know what they're thinking."

"Message from Jane; yep, look, Mom's calling me for breakfast, so I will see you at school."

"Send to Jane; Ok, see you at school."

Emily went downstairs to eat breakfast as well.


Emily walked in to the school grounds. Mum had just driven off in her car after giving Emily a lift.

Jane ran over to meet her.

"Hi." Jane said, with a high level of cheer in her voice.

"Hey." Emily replied, she leaned in close to Jane and asked in a whisper. "Where is Flex?"

Jane whispered back. "He's in my bag, me and Mom set up a little place for him to hide in."

Emily nodded, then she looked over at the top of the closest corner of the school building, there was Ben watching them. Jane followed Emily's eyes and spotted Ben as well.

"You all ready for a great day of school." Jane asked.

"Yep, let's go meet new people." Emily replied.

Jane started to introduce Emily to some of her non magic club friends.


[Karen]

Karen looked over at Jane for the first time today, and she stopped dead. She looked again, Jane had changed, she could see that well enough, no normal human could have seen the change, but then again she was no normal human, she was a Half-Gnome, and gnomes could see magic power without trying. There was a down side to being a half-gnome, and that was she was only four foot tall. At 15 years old, only being 4' foot could get you picked on a lot at a school. But being a half-gnome she knew all her growing was done now. She was the size she was going to be all her life. But it was who was next to Jane who really caught her eye, there was a girl who was about four and a half foot tall with blond hair. And she had a lot of magic around her. She knew that both Jane and her mother had wards to hide their magic from normal humans, but wards could never stop a gnome's eyes. But this girl, she had more than just a ward cast on her, a lot more.

Karen walked towards Jane and the girl.

Jane had spotted Karen, and pulling the girl with her came towards Karen.

"Hi, Karen, good to see you. I'd like you to meet Emily. She is new, she started here yesterday." Jane said.

"Hi, Jane, and hello there, Emily, it's nice to meet you." She held out her hand. She'd been told by her guardian, just before he left to go back home, to keep a low profile here. She had no fear of being found out, gnome magic was not the same as human magic, the only race who could work out that she was a half-gnome was an elf. Even though she had never met an elf before, -- that she could remember, she knew that elves are tall. So as she took Emily's hand the last thing on her mind was the question 'is she an elf'.

After letting go of Emily's hand she had no idea what Emily was, she had high magic power, it was on the same level as Jane's new magic power levels. In fact it was the same type of magic as Jane. But having never seen this type of magic before she had met Jane and her mother, she did not know where it had come from. In fact had she had known that it was elf colour magic, she'd have stayed well away from them to keep that low profile.

"It's nice to have someone who is about my size." Emily said, moving close to Karen's ear she whispered. "How are the gnomes doing now?" Emily pulled back and winked at her.

Karen's mouth fell open. "How, how did she know."

Emily moved her hand to close Karen's mouth and said in a low voice. "Easy, now. I am not going to shout it, there is no need to. We are all allies here. You can trust us."

"Who..." Karen started to say, but Emily held her finger on Karen's lips.

"Not here, not safe." She looked over at Jane, it was like they were having a conversation only not with words. "Meet us in 2-C for break, we will chat then." Emily said, and both Jane and Emily walked away.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.