Life as a Teenage Human Girl - Cover

Life as a Teenage Human Girl

Copyright© 2012 by celf

Chapter 1

Emily was sitting in the dining room and Ben was on the bird stand that sat to one side of this room away from the table. On the table was a lot of paper that had come from the spell that both Mum and Emily had cast. It was the paperwork to go with Emily's new look. Mum had left to do some shopping, as all of Emily's clothes did not fit her any more. Mum had got hold of Emily's new sizes before she had left, she was going to pick up three school outfits for her.

"So" said Ben. "What did the spell give you as an I.D.? Who are you? How's Mum fit in? What is your past?"

"One question at a time, Ben!"

"So what is your new name?"

"Emily Jane Starwalker."

"Starwalker? That's a new one. So how does Mum fit in to your life?"

"It's got here that she is my Step-Mom, from after my Dad got remarried. I stayed with my mother taking her birth name after Dad split, but 6 weeks ago she was killed in a car crash and my next of kin is Dad, but he is overseas working for money so I've been sent to live with my EVIL Step-Mom, Mwahahahahaha" Emily said with her arms deep in paperwork.

"Good one, she is so evil that she got you going around the house without any clothes on." Ben joked. "So did that get all my questions?"

"Think so, the big stuff anyhow, still lots of little details that I need to read, so stop bugging me." Emily quipped.

Ben made a fast getaway out the open window.


"Done!" Emily looked up to see no one in the room... "Great, just great! Where did he go this time?"

Just then the side door to the house opened and Mum came in.

"Welcome back." Emily said to Mum as she entered the hall.

"Put this on." Mum said, lobbing a bag at Emily. "And come help me unpack the car."


40 minutes later it was all unpacked and put away.

Mum and Emily sat in the living room, Emily now with a summer dress on in a yellow colour.

"So where did Ben go?" Mum asked

"No idea. I just got done with the paperwork, I looked up and he was nowhere to be seen."

"You could call him."

"Yes, I could do that, I am not going to do that. But I could do it." Emily said as she got up. "What I am going to do is have a nice nap." and she left the room to sleep in her bedroom.


The next day Mum left to go to the school to get the paperwork there done and out of the way so Emily could start there as soon as she could.

Emily sat in her bedroom looking at the human computer that Mum had got her to help with school work. "Let see, Mum told me that this type of computer is called a Laptip. Was that its name?"

"TOP, LAPTOP!" Ben shouted at her for the third time in 12 hours.

"Right, Right, Top, A Laptop, my bad." Emily replied. "So how does it work?"

"It uses the human magic know as power, that I do know. Like that light in the middle of the room up there. But that is about all I know. You are going to have to ask Mum to show you how to use it." Ben said.

"Great, maybe I should have tried harder to use this type of stuff before this happened."

"Well, what done is done, like that 'Age spell' you cast, no going back with a spell like that."

Emily looked out the window. "Yes, I know the clock is ticking now, without the help of a second Priest or Priestess of Magic Light. The 'Age spell' cannot be cast onto me again."

"You never were good at small details in your plans."

"Hey, now, as plans go this one was not that bad. OK, so some of my plans I came up with when I was 10 years old could have been better. But this plan is good." Emily said looking at Ben.

"Yes, well, most of this plan was your Mother's plan anyhow, but still you had 8 months here to get ready for it if the plan had to be used."

"And I did get ready for the plan if it was needed. But still I did not plan for my Mother's plan to be started so soon, if at all. Well, what is it some human's say 'a plan of attack never survived the first encounter with the enemy'."

"Well, seeing as you have no idea how to use the laptop, Emm's. What other stuff can you do till Mum gets back."

"Let see, I can slap you around the head for calling me Emm's again." Emily said as she moved towards Ben.

"No thank you." Ben said, as he made a beeline for the open window.


"There." said Mum "That is how you turn off this computer, of course not all computers turn off the same way, it all comes down to the operating system - know as just O.S. - that is installed on the computer you are using at the time."

For the last 3 hours Mum had been showing Emily how to use her new laptop for her school work.

"It is a lot to take in." Emily said, standing up with a cramp in her legs. "With stuff like this here, I can see how magic is not needed here like it is back home." The wishful look Emily got whenever she was thinking of her home came back again.

"Well, you start tomorrow at the school, so you should get some good sleep tonight." Mum said, looking at Emily and seeing the look on her face. "You are going to see it again, you know."

"What?"

"Your homeland, Emily, you are going to see your homeland again, I just know you are."

"Yes, but what is going to be left of it, Mum?" Emily said with sadness in her eyes.

Mum put her hands on each side of Emily's face and looked at her. "Go to bed and get a good night's sleep. You are going to be busy with your first school day tomorrow."

"Your right, Mum." Emily said, getting ready to sleep. "Goodnight."


Emily opened her eyes and sat up in bed, looking at the clock she could see that it was 7:00 AM. She hit the alarm clock button to turn off the alarm sound that had stopped her from sleeping.

She got up and opened the window like she did every day. Ben came in the window and sat on the stand. She walked in to her bathroom to do the morning stuff everyone does when they have just woken up. Then she walked over to her chest with her new underwear in, and started to get dressed for her first Day at School.

"You will keep an eye out for our enemies, right?" she said looking at Ben. "The last thing I need is for an attack at the school. Here I have a ward up to hide the magic power. But I will need more people to cast a ward that will cover the whole school. The radiant magic energy levels at the school are going to jump after I have been there for about a week. So for now you are my eyes and ears when I am in school."

"Yes, I know my part in this stage in the plan."

"Good! I don't know how hard this stuff is going to be for me. I may find it easy, and then again, who knows, I may be pulling my hair out by the end of the week. I don't need to have to watch my back at the same time as all this new stuff. So the less that I have to watch my back the better..."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.