The Engineer's Tale
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2012 by 2 flags

Unlike their outbound journey it was slow progress, no longer did they zip over the deep snow, they ploughed through. They struggled on till lunchtime. Camp was set up, and while lunch was being eaten Tony went to talk to Gunter.

"Gunter, I'm worried about the Adleheid the older lady we stopped from being whipped, and her daughter Beate. They don't seem to be in very good condition. How far are we from Hermann's? Could you make it by nightfall?" he asked him.

"Well yes I could, but why them?" He replied.

"I don't think they could survive another night in the open. If you could get them to Hermann's then at least we make sure they are safe: tomorrow you could come back and take some more. That way we can get them to Hermann's at least; then it's only a short trip into town."

Gunter agreed and the two women were loaded on to the dogsled and they set off, the dogs barking with pleasure at not having to travel so slowly anymore. They raced away, soon disappearing into the distance. The remaining members of the column slowly struggled on through the snow.

It was starting to get dark, so Tony ordered them to make camp. Wood was gathered, tents were erected and food prepared. People huddled round the fire, telling of their lives before the coming of the Brotherhood. For the most part they were good lives, they had farmed, hunted, fished, and gathered what they needed from the forests. Now that was over. Large rocks were collected and heated on the fire. When they were hot, they were placed in the tents. Soon after, they were all bedding down for the night: Tony and Karl stood watch for the first part of the night, and Michael and Ralf for the second.

They were up at dawn: as soon as there was enough light the camp was packed up and they set off. It was mid morning when Gunter found them again. He brought with him several other men from town, who also brought sleds, and soon all the children and some of the women, including Rachael and Hannah were on their way into town. It was just beginning to get dark when the rest of them arrived at Hermann's. He welcomed them in, looking with great embarrassment at Martha. She took one look at him, like a big whipped puppy dog. Going over to him, she took him in her arms and kissed him.

"It's okay," she told him. "It wasn't your fault. Listen there's lots of people here who need looking after now. I'd be eternally grateful to you if you would do whatever you can to help them. You did say that you could use some help, and that over the stream was good fertile land that was begging to be cleared and farmed. Well now you have the people to do this and now you will have neighbours. So, what do you say? Will you do this, for me?"

With tears rolling down his face he said yes he would. "Thank you. After what happened I thought you would hate me. I couldn't stop them you know. There were just too many, and they had swords. I'm so sorry."

"Herman, you're a good man. You have a kind heart. Let the folk here see it. There will be someone here for you. It's just not me," she said.

He nodded and stepped away. Gunter asked after Adelheid and Beate.

"They're fine." He told him. "I put them in my bed. Beate made dinner. She and her mother are good cooks. They're fine looking women too. If they need somewhere to stay, they'll be welcome here."

Gunter smiled "That's good to know. I'm sure they'll be glad to hear it."

Several of the townspeople had come over to see the new arrivals and to hear their stories. They were horrified at what had happened. Tony told them he intended to hold a town meeting, and to gather everyone here. They went off and gathered all they could.

Tony stood before them. "My friends," he began. "I have called you all together to bring some disturbing news. The people who came here calling themselves the Brotherhood have not gone away. They have taken over Gronhinne and are raiding from there. The people of Blackford have gone after them. They cannot attack them directly, as there are several hundred of them, but they can attack their raiding parties. So can you! I will meet with your leaders tomorrow and discuss tactics. All I'll say now is that there will be folk like those we brought here today coming here. They will need shelter. They will need food. They will need clothes. They will need hope; but the thing they will need the most of all is love. They will need to be shown that there are still people here who are willing to help them; that all is not lost. I need you to be those people. I need you to take in those who have lost everything. Give them food. Give them shelter. Give them clothes. But most of all give them love. Love and hope for a better way of living, where we look after our neighbours when they need it. You never know, one day you might just need it yourselves."

A rousing cheer of "Yes we will. Yes we will." went up. Wolfgang and Gunter went up to him.

"Sir Tony" said Wolfgang. "I must say that was a fantastic speech. I also know you meant every word. I have seen the difference you made here in our town. Even in the short time you have been away those children have been a revelation. They are hard working, honest, wonderful children. Their mother is a good cook; she keeps a clean house, and never complains. Grettle is teaching the girls how to sew and is impressed with how well they are doing. The boy is working hard in the stables, but I think the blacksmith may take him as his apprentice. Your example has shown us how to act towards those less fortunate than ourselves, and I thank you for that." and with that he knelt and kissed his hand.

"Stand my friend," said Tony. "I have valued your friendship ever since I arrived. You were the one who put me in touch with Gunter here, and, without his help and knowledge I would never have achieved my goal. I have one more task here in the morning and then I must return. I will be leaving it all in your hands; I know they'll be safe hands."

"Sir Tony" said Gunter. "I have seen you do many things, but tonight you have given this town a mission. We are to be the sanctuary for this area. We will need to fortify our town in preparation for the coming fight. Thanks to your warning and your example we will do it. We will fight and we will win."

They all settled down for the night. Martha came up to him as they were getting ready for bed.

"How much longer am I going to have to wait? I really need you. I need you now." She rubbed herself against him.

"One more night: we leave tomorrow." he said. She squealed in frustration, stamped her foot and went to her own bed.

They woke early. At breakfast Martha again displayed her frustration by rubbing herself against him and nibbling his ear. "Soon" she breathed into his ear. After such a long abstinence his cock immediately stood to attention. She reached around and grabbed him giggling.

"Oh, you are a big boy aren't you?" she said licking his neck, and stroking him through his trousers. He groaned in frustration.

"Come, let's get this over with so I can get you home." he told her.

"Oh yes, come on, let's hurry." With that she grabbed him and tried to get him out the house.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.