One Month of Chuck & Steve - an Alternative Scenario - Cover

One Month of Chuck & Steve - an Alternative Scenario

Copyright© 2012 by Robin_dualwritersguest

Chapter 11

The Desert Training Base and Lutz

CHUCK - Tuesday Day Nine part #2

Lisa and I quickly changed clothes before we took off. After the usual "Mother/Eyes" exchanges, we were soon taxiing up to the hangars out at the secret training base in the desert. We did our shutdown checks and were taken straight to a conference room.

We only waited there for a couple of minutes before our US Marshal walked in, accompanied by a man who I suspected was the Base Commander. After greeting us, the Marshal immediately began asking about the terrorist warning that we had received at dinner last night. He confirmed that there was a real threat, and it was much more immediate than had been thought.

"After 9/11," he explained, "The various Federal security organisations pooled their intelligence, and they have been collectively analysing the patterns ever since. They may pick up a name, and are then sometimes able to follow the process from planning to recon, to team training, and to insertion, at which point we have often been able to successfully intervene, as Chuck here is aware.

"In the last few weeks, the monitors have picked out the names of both Lutz and Johnson, and although they have no indication that the terrorist teams are in place yet, it has been decided at the highest level to organize a counter-operation.

"We don't have enough information so far to allow us to mount a pre-emptive strike, so we are concentrating on the most effective defensive preparations we can come up with. The best security planners available have been working on this for some weeks and we have now reached the stage where we need your agreement to put them in place, Chuck.

"What's the time scale regarding the immediate threat?" I asked, rather bemused.

"Although it isn't expected that anything will happen in the next week," the Marshal answered, "There is a strong likelihood that something could happen the following week.

"It has been decided to use a three-tiered approach.

"At the lower level, you have already initiated the process by asking Ms White to find a retired USAF Air Police NCO and some ex-Marines. Arrangements have already been made to ensure that she can supply enough long service, security trained personnel to provide basic cover at all the five CS&S' current locations if required. I've been told that the LA West airport where your new Halcyon Airline is based, will probably require a different approach. It is still only five locations, isn't it?" The Marshal enquired with a grin.

"For the other two tiers," he continued, "We propose to use personnel from the Special Operations sections of two of the national security organisations. These have always faced the problem of resting personnel after field assignments, and this operation offers an ideal solution.

"Firstly, we consider that we need a replacement for Sam directly alongside you both."

He smiled at Lisa.

"In fact," he continued, "We propose to transfer two Secret Service senior operatives to CS&S to fulfil this role. One will work directly with you, Chuck, but in view of the developments in Vegas, we think that the other should be stationed there as that's where the next threat will most likely occur. Although the two men will remain members of the Secret Service, they will be on the CS&S payroll like normal employees, and will have responsibility for security reporting direct to you. As they are both experienced pilots as well, they should easily fit in. Fortunately, Chuck, you already know them both."

The Marshal nodded to his companion, who pressed a button on his cell. The door opened and in walked Mouse and Red Dog, both broadly grinning.

The Marshal introduced them as Buster Isaacson and Mac Melville, and I beamed as I shook hands with them both.

"I have just been telling Chuck," the Marshal reiterated, "That the intention is that you, Buster, will be Chuck's number two on the security side, and in view of his and his business partner's desire to greatly expand the helicopter operations at the field they're now calling the Junction, you, Mac, will fit in there nicely as, say, the Manager of Rotary Operations."

I nodded – it did fit well.

"I want Chuck to meet one other man," the Marshal went on. "Before we move on to discuss the second tier where the planners are proposing a different approach.

"Since all the Marines who will be hired as security men have been in the military a long time, many are likely to be senior NCOs; you will need a man they can really look up to as their leader, Chuck. The USMC has an E-8 First Sergeant security specialist who is within months of being finally rotated out. The situation has been explained to him, and he has volunteered to retire early and take the position as head of your CS&S Security Guard Force, as the planners are calling it. In fact, this man, Colin Mackenzie, has been watched for some time as a potential Secret Service recruit, and he has just been inducted into their organisation."

The Marshal nodded to his companion again, and a man in his late forties, but an obvious jarhead entered. He was over 6ft tall, but thin as a whip, with blue/grey eyes that seemed to look straight through you. I immediately liked him and murmured 'Semper Fi' as we shook hands. The reply surprised him, as it was echoed by Buster and Mac, as well as Lisa...

The Marshal broadly smiled, but got right back to business...

"For the next part of the discussion, we need Mike Mahoney," he explained, and the Secret Service psychologist entered the room, right on cue.

"At the very start of this operation," the Marshal went on to explain, "The Vice President of the United States directed that a group of NSA personnel who were either already resting, were due for rest, or who were part of a select group who refuse to be rested, should be teamed together and given extensive security training from specialists drawn from both the FBI and Secret Service. There are now twenty of these men who have completed this training and in view of CS&Ss sudden expansion, it is proposed to transfer them all to CS&S as your middle security tier, Chuck. The concept is to divide them into five teams who will be responsible for the security at each of the CS&S sites, and if necessary, we will find more for your Costa Rican 'adventure', if you will forgive me calling it that.

"Will you please continue from here, Mike?"

"In conjunction with the NSA psychiatrists," Mike explained, "I've been studying these men - actually, 16 men and 4 women - since the start of their training. Since the NSA certainly has their share of wild men, I satisfied myself that all twenty are as well adjusted individuals as can be found, given their type of work. They are also all completely clear of drugs, so there will be no problem getting them through the CS&S hiring procedures.

"There is one possible addition that I would like to suggest."

He looked enquiringly at the Base Commander, who encouragingly nodded.

"There are two more women who have only very recently been extracted from the Colombian jungle. It was actually only 10 days ago. They are deep penetration specialists who have been undercover for three years with one of the worst drug cartels. They were both wounded during the rescue, and are mentally rather 'fragile'. That is not a word any medical professional likes to use, but it does give non-medical people an idea of their mental state. In my opinion, they desperately need to feel both wanted and useful, so a hospital ward is not the answer. I'm afraid that we may lose them both if any such course of treatment is attempted. I would like to propose that if Lisa is agreeable, they should be attached to her until further notice. I'd like her to go and meet with them now – with her gifts, she will almost immediately know if she can help and later work with them."

Mike and Lisa left the room.

The Base Commander then took over.

"There is a senior NSA official presently on the base," he explained, "Who is here to introduce the NSA operatives to their new Officers. I know that you planned to leave for Tampa that evening, Chuck; will you take Buster, Mac, and Colin with you? The two pilots can then return here in a 737 tomorrow morning to pick up the other new CS&S employees. In the meantime, I'll arrange for all these NSA people to be fully outfitted from the base supplies and armory."

"I think this is a good approach," the Marshal added. "It will give the three an opportunity to meet everyone at the Patio before their new duties start. In addition, it has just been decided that all three, as well as the twenty NSA operatives, will be sworn in as Deputy Marshals as soon as possible. This would give you an additional Strike Force of Deputies should you need one, as well as providing them with an official position, if required. A priority is that that they must all become quickly proficient with the Marshal Service videos, and the issue of a full set for each man has been authorized.

"Chuck, you might also use your sources and get them some respectable civilian clothes."

Coffee was then brought in and we were joined by the NSA official, who was introduced as George McNicol, the NSA Deputy Director for Central American Affairs.

The Marshal told him that everything was a go; we were just waiting for Mike Mahoney who was seeing about his last pair of agents, as had been agreed. We didn't have to wait long. Mike soon returned to say that the NSA personnel were waiting in the large conference room, so should we begin.

The whole party trooped in, and formed up on a small platform at the front. Lisa slipped in behind us, having shown two women to seats at the side. One was on crutches, while the other had a bandaged head and her left arm in a sling. The NSA men stood while our party entered, and were then told to be seated by McNicol. The Marshal and the Base Commander stood to one side, while Buster and Colin stood on my left and Mac made room for Lisa to slip in beside him on my right.

McNicol opened the meeting.

"I have been the conducting officer for each of you at one time or another, so I presume I don't need any introduction...

"As I was the Agency representative at the special meeting in DC which launched the operation on which you are about to embark, I considered it my duty to be present to explain to you what is happening. You already know some of what I am about to discuss, however I want to quickly run down the important points.

"You are here to assist in an operation of national importance to safeguard a group of people who play an important role in protecting our nation, together with the organisation of which they are a part. They are being directly threatened by both Middle Eastern and US domestic terrorists, as well as organized crime both from the Americas and from the Russian Federation – these enemies of our country must not be allowed to succeed.

"You have all been briefed on CS&S, the corporation to which you are being assigned. I must emphasize that you are all still NSA employees; you will be paid as such, and are subject to the NSA disciplinary codes at all times. This assignment will initially last for six months, and will then continue as long as the present threat still exists. You have a right to apply to return to your normal NSA duties at any time, but you must understand that any decision will depend on the circumstances and psychiatric reports."

There were nods among the audience.

"I will now introduce your officers," he continued.

"First, we have Chuck Johnson. He is the majority owner of CS&S, a Senior US Deputy Federal Marshal, and supervisor of all Marshal's Stations and FBI Bureaus in the USA. He is THE leading tactical combat leader in Secret Service Special Operations, and specializes in multi-organisation and inter-service operations. He is your ultimate commander and the Agency Disciplinary Officer.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.