Wendolyn Too. Number 4 in STOPWATCH - Cover

Wendolyn Too. Number 4 in STOPWATCH

Copyright© 2012 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 22: The Magic Bag

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 22: The Magic Bag - I wanted a pickup for the digs and basic transportation. I answered an ad for an "Old Dodge Pickup" in the Journal. I got a lot more than I'd bargained for...

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Reluctant   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Western   Cousins   Rough   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Sex Toys   Pregnancy   Big Breasts   School  

It makes no difference how you slice it, dice it, or entice it ... there is no easy way to get to Durango ... unless you fly. They were already committed to the southern route ... no matter what, it was going to be miles out of the way any road. Any road worth taking, that is.

You can go to Denver, to Grand Junction and south on 550.

You can go to Pueblo, to Canyon City and Montrose then south on 550.

Alamosa? Pretty much straight through on 160 ... if you can call that straight.

When they left Jones Road, (Old 66) David discussed it with Her Ladyship ... and SHE said,

"Albuquerque to 50 to 550. 550 almost to Durango, then County road 210 to county road 211 and the valley."

And David said, "Yes, ma'am."

"Now, let's see what other devilment we can find."

They did.

A lot of 66 suffered from 'the realignment.'

Realignment means the Federal Highway Planning Commission took bids on bribes and sold highway access to the highest bidder. Then along came Pearl Harbor and a lot of things agreed upon (and funds paid) took a backseat to National Defense. Movement of men and materials was scheduled by the Office of Defense Transportation under Chairman Eastman, formed in December 1941. The Air War in Europe proved rail transport is particularly defenseless against air attack: trains go from here to there. If the route from here to there has bridges they are reasonably easy to remove.

Trucks, on the other hand, can be driven on and off barges, easily bypassing downed bridges.

The Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways was originally planed to be a high speed troop mover from coast to coast. As soon as strategic necessity no longer existed, the bribery stepped in again. Towns with the best 'bribery' (lobbyists) were included on the route ... the cheapskates lost out.

Because Rt. 66 no longer went from here to there with any guarantee of there still being in place, our odd couple began a systematic calling of local county road crews.

"County Roads. How may I help you?"

"We want to stick to Rt. 66 as much as possible ... does the road still go to thus and so?"

"No Ma'am."

"No? Where then?"

"Take I 40 and forget 66."

"We should jump on I 40 and skip it altogether?"

"Yes, Ma'am. Where are you heading?"

"We want to get to Durango."

"Take 40 to Armadillo, south on 27 and ask at the border."

"No, thank you. We don't want to go to that Durango. Mexico is even more out of the way."

"I don't know another Durango, ma'am.

"I'll call the state Capital ... thank you." The sarcasm in Wendy's was extreme.

"David? I don't believe geography is taught in school any more." Wendy's consternation was evident.

"That's because geography isn't fixed. The continents are still there, but the nations change from day to day. Why bother to teach something that is never the same?"

"You know ... when I crossed the border at the Soo, the Border inspectors thought Montana was part of Canada."

"That might be coming sooner than you think ... Montana is pretty upset with the good old US of A. For that matter Texas, New Mexico and Arizona aren't all that happy either. Texas could get away with abandoning the States, it's in their bylaws. The other two don't have that right."

The Oklahoma border loomed and Texas welcomed them. From the Oklahoma border to New Mexico is forever ... and it's the SHORT part of Texas!! Alaska is bigger ... they weren't going there ... they were driving the panhandle. It's long, straight and too much to do in one day.

For all Texas is oil, there didn't seem to be much of a difference in pay at the pump. They had deliberately waited to leave Oklahoma to buy gas. Some lessons are learned in the wallet.

Wendy considered winding the watch and driving ... with the watch in the past, whatever you're driving, sailing or flying never runs out of fuel. Should have thought about that sooner. It'd be cheaper.

10 clicks counterclockwise would put them in 1953. 10 clicks she knew for sure... 48 years. She'd have to wind and experiment to find 1967. That's the farthest back she would feel safe. The Dodge was 1967 ... highways are different than the Great Lakes. There's a lot more traffic. And more cops. One of them would be sure to stop them to investigate the unusual pickup.

It might be fun though.


Just inside Texas stood a couple of oddly dressed kids with paisley backpacks, looking very lost. Wendy was leading so she pulled over, David right behind her.

Fraternal twins pushing 17, they stood there, uncertain what they should do. Wendy got out of the Merc and motioned for David to stay put.

"From the looks of your clothes, I'd say early 1960's. Am I right?"

"Far freakin' out. Do you have any idea where we are?" the boy asked.

Wendy countered with, "Where were you?"

"Just across the Oklahoma border in Texas, hitchin' a ride," she said.

Wendy grinned, "That's where you are. Oklahoma is east, Texas is west."

The girl, wearing grannie glasses, said, "it didn't look anything like this. In the first place, there was a gas station right over there," she pointed. "Our last ride dumped us off, got gas and headed north."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.