Sweet Caroline - Cover

Sweet Caroline

 

Chapter 34

After the hugs and the tears, Jeremy motioned he had something to say.

“Richard, what do you plan to tell people about Jenn’s pregnancy?”

“Well, Sir ... I could say she had a date with a guy who took advantage of her, and got her pregnant, or I could ... fess up and tell the truth that it is my baby inside her.”

“Richard, I did sleep with James a couple of times, I could accuse him of being the father,” Jennifer said, looking away from her father.

“No, he might want to raise the baby, or worse ask for a paternity test. Our only two choices are what I just explained,” I said.

“Mr. O’Malley, I need to tell you that I’m very sorry for your situation. Is there anything, any of us can do for you?” I asked.

“Take care of my girl, and the little one she’s carrying. That’s all I ask of you, Richard,” He said.

“Daddy, who all knows about your condition?” Jenn asked.

“So far, just the three of you, and my doctor. I don’t want to be a burden to anyone,” he said.

“Nonsense – now is the time when you find out who your friends are. I proudly consider you a friend, like a second father actually,” I added. “We have an extra bedroom in our place. We would gladly help you through these tough months ahead. The last thing any of us want to do, is be the one who finds you passed out ... or worse in your place,” I said.

“Daddy, that’s a really good idea. We all could look after you, get you to any appointments. Let us care for you, please?” Jennifer said, getting back up on her father’s lap.

He was thinking about it, each time he was about to say something, Jenn added another ‘Please’ or ‘Daddy’ to her plea.

He shook his head in agreement. Jenn gave him a cheesy kiss on his cheek. So, did Caroline.

“Jeremiah, just yesterday my girl here told me that she’s pregnant again. They could have their babies near the same time. That sure would give you something to stick around for, wouldn’t it?”

“Yes, it would Richard. I need to get up, JJ is not as little as she used to be and my legs hurt,” he said.

Jennifer gave him a love slap on the chest as she got up. “Richard, I am going with my Dad today. I’ll help him pack up for moving in, over the next few days.”

“Sure thing, JJ!” I said.

“Only my Daddy can call me that now, Richie-poo,” Jenn said helping her Daddy stand up.

“See you tomorrow, call anytime,” I said.


The next few months loped along, with both my sister and my illicit lover’s babies growing inside these two wonderful ladies. I had an idea for Jennifer’s situation, and we all walked into the office together, Caroline taking her place at the front, and Jennifer going to her desk.

Jenn called Karen over to her desk, and whispered something to her, which quickly got around the entire office. It had gotten loud enough for me to get up and go in the room and ask, “What’s going on in here?”

It was Marietta who said, “Jennifer is pregnant, but won’t tell us who the baby is.”

That got Caroline up and into the conversation, “Jennifer, you’re pregnant? I thought we were good friends and you never told me you had been seeing somebody. Who is the Daddy — Jimbo?”

“NO,” she said loudly.

“Was it James?” Marietta asked.

“NO,” Jennifer said again.

“Well, who else is there?” Karen asked.

Jennifer was really playing it quite well, sobbing a bit. She arose from her chair, which was my cue to head back to my office.

“It was Richard!”

Alexandra said, “Richard who?”

Sniffling, like a woman scorned, she pointed at me and said, “Richard O’Hara is the babies’ father!”

There was a rush of sound to that as Caroline came over to me and said, “Is this true, Richard?”

I turned and looked straight into her eyes and said, “Yes ... it is!”

She gave me quite the slap as she picked up her purse and left the office.

I pulled Jennifer into my office and quietly said to her, “Excellent Jenn, slap me and storm out, remember to put someone in charge as you go.”

“Richard Jefferson Michael O’Hara, I will not have an abortion, I plan to have this baby and hold you to your promise to care for me, you told me just the other day that you love me, well prove it?” she said, giving me a slap harder than Caroline’s, and on the same cheek ... Owww!

She left, first putting Karen in charge and then picking up her purse and leaving.

The rest of the girls all turned to me and gave me a group glare, as I got up and left.

The three of us all met up at our place.

“Caroline, you were wonderful, and you Jennifer, were fabulous as well. The girls know now—do you think any of them will quit, or just stew for a while?”

“Rich, I’ve gotten to know these girls and I think that they will all keep it to themselves,” Caroline said.

“Yeah,” Jenn added, “They’ll all give you dirty looks for a while, then things will settle down in a couple of weeks. I didn’t hurt you when I hit you, did I?” She came up to me and gave me a nice kiss.

“What worries me most, is that possibly any or all the girls may decide they want my personal attention, since I have both my wife and my lover pregnant.”

“You wish,” Caroline said, “What, now you think you want to knock up all of your Realtors?”

“No, well ... I have had a fantasy dream about Marietta, but that was a while ago,” I said.

“You want another slap, big brother?”

“Nope, step two is in order, so Caroline go on back in the office, and see how bad things really are. Call me and let me know,” I asked.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.