Sweet Caroline
Chapter 32

 

We left for the trip, Caroline and me in front, Jennifer and CJ in the back.

“So, Jennifer – what’s the problem, aren’t you having fun anymore?” I asked looking at her in the rear-view mirror.

“It’s not a question of fun, Richard – It’s a question of morality,” Jenn said.

“Well, the fact is Jenn, that an older brother and a younger sister fell in love and have had a baby together. If you’re going to look at it through a moral filter, it doesn’t pass the smell test,” I said.

Caroline chimed in, “Jenn – have you taken any college level classes?”

“No, Daddy helped me learn what I needed to know to pass the Real Estate Exam, and I went straight from high school to working for him,” Jenn explained.

“Here’s an idea, Miss O’Malley?” I said, causing both girls to giggle. “Enroll in UOP — how were your SAT scores?”

“2,350,” she said sounding proud of herself.

“That’s better than mine kiddo, I really think you need some college, along with some seasoning,” I said.

“What exactly do you mean by seasoning, Rich?” she asked leaning forward.

“Meet some people your age, take a few classes, see if you like it or not. We’ll still need you in the office as much as possible, but give college a try. Who knows, you may even find yourself a guy of your own, although I would miss you if you get serious with anybody,” I said.

“That’s something to think about, Rich, I’ve made some money so I can afford to go,” Jennifer replied.

“If you were to get a Business Degree with a specialty in, let’s say Marketing, O’Hara and O’Hara would gladly be able pay you more, and the sky is the limit. A Degree and a Broker’s License would have you ready to open your own office in less than 6 years, faster if you take one of those Accelerated Programs. How does that all sound to you?” I asked.

“Are you telling me all of this to get rid of me?” Jennifer said.

“Absolutely not! You’re smart, and beautiful – you deserve the best you can get, and your Daddy would be so proud of you if you did this,” I looked at Caroline who was giving me a ‘good job’ look as we winged our way to our Palo Alto Office.

Once there, Caroline changed CJ’s diaper and we all walked into the office. Sheila got up and immediately went to see Caroline and baby CJ. I took Jenn to see Stan in his office.

“What’s up with you two – you’ve got very satisfied looks on your faces?” Stan said to Jenn and me.

“We just finished talking about her chances for advancement, Stan,” I said.

“Yeah, this cutie-pie husband of Caroline’s talked me into finally starting college,” Jennifer said, giving me a look.

“Anyway Stan, we’re here. What’ve you got set up for me in the way of appointments?” I said, changing the subject and getting Stan’s attention away from Jennifer.

Despite my pronouncement, Stan continued to glance back and forth between Jenn and I.

“I’ve got all these people on standby today, Rich, waiting to conclude the deals—which end of Silicon Valley do you want to start in?” Stan said.

I was looking through the paperwork on Stan’s desk, amazed that these expensive homes were sold at such good deals to the public. When the market bounces back, there could be a real boon back up here.

“Let’s start at the Rose Blossom home, south of De Anza College and just work our way North to the Sunnyvale homes, and finish up in Redwood Village. I never thought that home would sell, with a $2 million-dollar listing price,” I said.

“That was the last listing Robbie got before all hell broke loose. He even got the seller to allow a 10 percent commission – that’s amazing. I wonder what he’s dealing for in prison?” Stan chuckled.

“I never met this Robbie guy, what’s he look like?” Jennifer said.

I got his picture from my phone and showed it to Jenn.

“He’s going to be somebody’s girlfriend in prison,” Jennifer said, causing Stan and I to both laugh.

“She’s a real pistol, isn’t she Rich?” Stan said.

“Yeah, Jennifer is THE BEST REALTOR in my Stockton office,” I said, boosting Jenn’s ego, causing her to slap my shoulder.

“Well, let me make a couple quick phone calls and we can get started,” Stan said, shooing us away.

Walking out, Jenn grabbed my arm, looking at me dreamily.

“Jenn, stop it,” I said under my breath.

“I’m so hot for you right now, I can hardly control myself, Rich,” she said.

We walked up to Sheila, who had baby CJ in her arms. Caroline was watching the two of them, noticing Jenn and me.

“How do you want to do this, Rich? – We all go together?” Caroline said, snapping me out of my reverie.

“Well, if Sheila will give our baby back to you, we can all go together, half of these homes today were Robbie’s listings, so you are making a bundle, kiddo. Sheila do the math and have checks written for when we get back please?” I said.

She had noticed the way Jenn was clutching at my arm and snickered a bit as she said, “OK Boss.”

Caroline gathered up baby CJ and we were ready to go. Jenn opened her laptop and was ready to navigate us from place to place.

Less than three hours later, O’Hara and O’Hara had its best one-day sales ever, closing over five and a half million dollars in home sales.

On our way back to Stockton, Jenn got a phone call.

“We’re not done yet, Loverboy,” Jenn said, “Alexandra and Marietta both have an offer for their listings. They want you to come and look it over and sign on the dotted line.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.