Sweet Caroline - Cover

Sweet Caroline

 

Chapter 26

The next morning, Caroline had two early classes, and then the rest of the school day off. So, we all left together, dropping Caroline off at UOP. Jennifer got back in the car, smiled at me, and we went in to the office.

Not having any other Realtors yet, it was just Jenn at the front desk, and me in my office, although I could see her, due to my large glass windows. I was working on some paperwork, when I looked up and saw Jenn standing outside my office.

“Come on in, Jenn – what’s going on?”

“How long do I have to wait to become a Broker, Rich?” she asked.

“It’s not just a question of time, Jenn. There are eight Broker courses to take, although you’ve got some of it probably already done in preparing to become a Realtor. Do you want to become a Broker and leave and start your own office? I hope that isn’t the case, because Caroline and I are counting on you right now to get us through her schooling and the birth of our daughter.”

“No, silly – I’m sorry – No Rich, I was just looking ahead, my license is up for renewal in about 18 months, so I was thinking about looking into becoming a Broker, maybe become a partner with O’Hara and O’Hara, at some point. How does that sound to you?”

“Sounds to me like a woman who knows what she wants and is willing to work for it. How about, if O’Hara and O’Hara pays for your continuing education courses, as you take the Broker classes online as well. Then, when you take and pass your Broker Test, we would have to change our name to O’Hara, O’Hara and O’Malley. Sounds like the name of an Irish law firm, doesn’t it?” I chuckled.

Jenn came up to me and gave me a great big hug, thanking me for my support. Her hug felt rather nice, and I lingered, with my hands on her back. She looked into my eyes and could tell what I wanted to do, but her eyes, questioned mine. Our front door opened, and she ran out of my office to greet the potential client.

She texted me that we had a potential new Realtor for me to meet. I texted back ‘wait two minutes and send him back.’

I had a partial erection, but my desk would hide it.

I looked up and saw a very pretty blonde enter my office. I stood up and she said, “Hello, my name is Karen McFall, I just got my license and I was wondering if you were adding licensees right now? It looks like you have room for a couple here,” she giggled.

“Hello, Karen – please sit down, yes, we are working on finding just the right persons to add to O’Hara and O’Hara. Did you get your license online as so many do these days, or did you do it ‘old school?’”

“A combination of the two, Mr. O’Hara. Actually, I met your wife on the UOP Campus, and she sent me to you.”

“Excellent. What are your goals, Karen, and call me Richard please?”

“Well, I’m 21, still going to UOP to get a Degree in Marketing, and find a Real Estate Office who needs that expertise.”

“I can see why my wife sent you to us, I may mandate all of my Realtors are as pretty as you and her. I’m curious, what’s your minor course of study?”

“Graphic Design, Richard – That’s an extra value I can bring to O’Hara and O’Hara, who does your marketing and your graphics work now?”

“When I have time, I do ... but I’m busy, have a pregnant wife who works here when not in class, and my back-up receptionist Realtor, just told me she wants to become a Broker and become a partner in the business, so someone who can focus on marketing, along with residential and commercial listings, would be a boon to me.”

“Then hire me, Richard?” she responded.

I reached into my desk, got a form out, and said, “My Realtors need to be loyal to me and the company, I take 33% of all deals, instead of the industry standard of 50%, I expect exclusivity for the first two years. We’ll look at that again, in eighteen months. Sign, and you can start immediately.”

“Wow!” Karen said.

“Wow, indeed, my dear – get Jennifer to give you an application so we can have your particulars on file. Do you have a smart phone?”

“Yes, I have an IPhone and a one generation old MacBook Air?”

“So, you’re a fan of Apple Products, good girl – Pick whichever desk you want, anyone but mine and Jennifer’s. Oh, you may be expected, from time to time to cover the front desk.”

“No problem, Boss.”

“Call me Rich or Richard, but please not boss? Oh, anyone else in your real estate classes, who might be looking for work as a Realtor?”

“Yeah, my class was mostly girls, if you want all girls in here, I could have them come by, if you’d like?”

“Sure, the dress code is mostly casual, what you’re wearing is actually refreshing to see a young lady who likes dresses.”

I looked at my watch and saw it was time to go get Caroline so, I said goodbye and left for UOP.


On the way back to the office, Caroline asked, “Did Karen come by yet?”

“Yeah, I hired her on the spot. With her Marketing and Graphics expertise, she’ll be quite the asset to the company,” I said.

“I thought you’d like her assets, Richard.”

“Caroline, is this all a joke to you? I want us both to succeed here in Stockton. If you think, sending me pretty girls who want to be Realtors is funny, I don’t. I want to be the first Real Estate Office in Stockton to win a CDRE Award for sales, and having all girl Realtors, could give us an edge, but if this is all a joke to get a reaction out of me, you did.”

“Chill out, lover,” Caroline said. “I can’t even joke with you about hiring a pretty blonde girl as a Realtor? I know the goals you have as a Broker here in California, but you can’t lose your sense of humor along the way. I want what you want, if you’d like all women Realtors, I want us to have all women Realtors.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.