Sweet Caroline - Cover

Sweet Caroline

 

Chapter 16

We left for Stockton, after going online and filling out an application for O’Hara and O’Hara Real Estate, LLC. We had multiple tasks, first to get to Stanford and get the papers to take to The University of the Pacific. I knew it would take longer to find a parking space at Stanford, then the time it would take for Caroline to pick up her transcript ... so I dropped her off in front of the Administration building. I found a place to park and just like I thought, she was out and raring to go to UOP with her Temporary Transcripts in no time at all.

We headed off to Stockton, with Caroline plotting the address into her new Mac Book Air and we were off across the San Francisco Bay, north on the I-880, then due east on the I-580, which took us directly to Stockton, actually a rather pleasant drive. Caroline followed along, extolling the MBAs virtues during the whole trip to Stockton. The drive took close to two hours, but the girl sitting next to me, was worth every single minute in the car.

She directed us to the West Side Freeway, taking off at North Pershing Road, which took us by a large beautiful park called Victory Park. We came up on the west side of the UOP campus. Caroline found the Administration building and we stopped there and Caroline went in to give them the transcripts she had in her hands. This took a little bit more time, but I patiently waited for her, and 30 minutes later she came out, waving a paper in her hand and smiling a real big smile. She got into the car and just sat there ... with a very satisfied look on her face.

I decided to poke her by asking, “Well, Caroline. Is Mrs. Caroline O’Hara going to UOP?”

“Yes, she is ... Mr. Richard O’Hara, starting as an undeclared major and minor. I’ll be getting a full-ride Academic scholarship from them, except I told them I wouldn’t be living on campus.”

“Is that going to be a problem?” I asked.

“No, not a bit. They were impressed that I picked them over Stanford. They said they would waive their usual living on campus requirement, since I was married. I switched to the red ring and they just assumed. I love you, you big brother you. Pull over, would you?”

I did ... and she moved towards me and gave me the biggest kiss. Of course, I kissed her back, enjoying every morsel of her mouth.

“What number are we on, regarding our list, Caroline?”

“Just a minute, Rich... 13.”

“Number 13, put in a mail forwarding change after having a Stockton address.”

“Got it, Rich.”

“If you see us passing near a post office, shout it out to me, please?”

“Sure, Lover.”

“Call Michael Everhardt.”

“And tell him?” Caroline responded.

“Tell him to clean up Richard O’Hara Real Estate, take down all signage and lock it up, please.”

“OK, Rich ... and then call Stan and tell him to put the store on the market immediately?”

“Yeah,” I chuckled. “Call Stan ... you’re finishing my thoughts now, Caroline. Do you know what I’m thinking right now, beautiful?”

“We have too much to do, before we stop and make out somewhere, OK ... Rich?”

“Fine,” I said, with a little disappointment in my voice, “Take us to the house on Christina Ave, please?”

My sis started giving out driving instructions.

“Turn right on Grange Avenue ... it’s the street after Telegraph, then turn left.”

“You make a really good navigator, Caroline. You certainly found a direct route to my heart.”

“Oh, you are so schmaltzy sometimes, Richard.”

“Yes, I am. What are the details on the Christina Ave house?”

“Uhm, three bedrooms, one full bath, built in 1950 ... I don’t think this place is worth our time, Rich.”

“Yeah, I don’t have time for a project home. What about the Alpine Ave home, what are those details?”

“Three bedrooms, one and a half bath, 1144 square feet ... I don’t think so, Rich.”

“Yeah, Caroline, look for three bedrooms, two full baths, over 2K square feet.”

“OK, Rich ... hmmm. How about four bedrooms, two full baths, 2088 square feet, $187K asking price. It’s got hardwood floors. Hmmm-Want to check it out, Bro?”

“Yeah, direct me to there, please?”

“Sure, Rich, it’s near that Victory Park we passed that you liked so much. Turn around. Just a minute, Rich.”

“Hello, Sheila ... hi, its Caroline ... check out an address for me please, 1160 W Vernal Way, Stockton ... yeah, how long has it been on the market, uhm. All right, thank you.”

“It’s been sitting on the market for over nine months, Rich. Must be overpriced a lot. Turn right here. Ohh, it’s a distressed home, Rich. Let’s not bother. Let me find something else ... Here we go, four beds three baths, 2631 square feet, says it need work, but it is really nice looking, says cash sales only. If these pictures are accurate, it looks real nice—Less than half a mile from UOP. Turn right ... now you’re on Oxford, it’s just past Manchester Ave. Here it is. Oh, there’s an Open House. Let’s scope this place out, Rich.”

“I love it when you talk Real Estate, Caroline. Red Rings-How much is it?”

“$239,950 – Rich. Oh, I see that light in your eyes, Rich. You like it already, don’t you?”

“Yeah, ready to play the argument card?”

“Yeppers, dude,” she said both grinning and giggling.

We walked in and it was quite nice. We acknowledged the Realtor, a nice younger lady, and looked around a bit. We saw it needed some plaster work, and the wood floors needed to be worked on a little bit. I got a number in my head, and we had sauntered back into the part of the house the Realtor was in. She came up to us.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.