Pelle the Collier
Chapter 13: How Gebhardt meets young Marja

Copyright© 2012 by Argon

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 13: How Gebhardt meets young Marja - This is the story of Pelle the Collier; how he saved Birkenhain lands and avenged his father and his liege lord. It is also the story of Ingeburg, the late Baron's beautiful bastard daughter, who was banned from the castle as a small girl. 14th century fiction!

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Historical   Cuckold   First   Pregnancy  

Leaving the castle after visiting with Ingeburg, Pelle strode for Tilke’s forge. He found his friend and the mason Wenzel waiting for him. For the next two hours, Pelle tried to explain to the mason what he wanted and how he wanted it to be built. It turned out that the master mason had seen permanent kilns in his young years when he had been a journeyman mason in southern lands. They compared what they knew, and agreed on a construction similar to an oversized beehive.

Pelle wanted to have one built before the winter to try out its function, but he also let the mason know that he would want four at least. They haggled for a while before they agreed on the mason’s payment, and in the end, Pelle agreed to pay him twelve Ducats gold for each stone kiln. In return, the mason promised to send out his senior journeyman on the next day, to start with collecting stones and clay. With Tilke as witness, Pelle and Wenzel shook hands over the deal.

Next, Pelle visited Levy’s shop in the Jew Alley. He had eighty silver Groschen, this week’s and last week’s earnings and equalling four golden Ducats, which he handed to Levy. Sundays were quiet days for Levy seeing that his Christian debtors were honouring their day of rest. The same as always, Pelle received a note from Levy stating the balance of his account with Levy and his kin. It now stood at the huge sum of one-hundred-fifty-eight Ducats. That was a lot of gold, the result of over ten years of toil from Enewalt and Pelle. It would be enough to buy him a farm the size of Hunold’s. In Levy’s hands, however, that sum yielded him over twenty Ducats of interest every year, and no farm could turn out that much surplus, not counting the hard work involved. Besides, he was no farmer.

Yet, he would need some of that gold back to pay for the mason’s work, and he forewarned his friend of that need. Levy nodded to that telling his young friend that it would not be a problem. He would make sure that he would hold the gold ready once the construction began.

After settling his business with Levy, Pelle returned to his cabin in the forest. He arrived to find Tjark lazing in the grass with Marja sitting close. Matthias was nowhere to be seen. Marja told Pelle that the lad was looking for the snares he had set. It was a day of rest for them all and Pelle forced himself to enjoy the leisure.

On the next morning, Pelle fired the kiln. Whilst is started to burn, they began collecting wood for the next pile. Pelle had never done it this way, but they had come up with the idea from his plans with the stone kilns. It would give them a ten-day head start on the next kiln.

Working with two helpers and three horses and having somebody to look after the cabin made a huge difference. They could use the horses to uproot trees, mostly dead ones, and then cut them up with the huge saw Pelle had bought at the Birkenhain forge. When she was not busy in the cabin, Marja would also come out and collect berries and herbs. When the sun stood high they would eat large slices of bread with cheese. If the weather was rainy, Marja brought hot teas for them. It took them less than three weeks to build the next kiln that way.

At a place downstream from the cabin on a raised ground, the masons and helpers from Birkenhain started the construction of the first kiln. During the first week, the senior journeyman, a fellow named Lingolf, had made use of a sturdy wagon and three helpers to bring loose stones from the bottom of a nearby cliff. Using iron levers they had broken loose more stones from the top of the cliff, and a sizeable pile of stones lay now ready for the mason. Wenzel only came by once every three days to supervise the work. It was Lingolf who stayed at the site with three workmen, and who piled up ring after ring of stones on a foundation laid with the largest blocks they had found.

A low door frame was masoned on the southern face, later to be closed with an iron door, and several air vents were also left in the lower part of the wall. Already, the structure was almost a full klafter high and three steps across, and a wooden scaffold was now erected for the domed roof.

They fired the new wood pile on a Wednesday and on the following Saturday, Pelle headed for Birkenhain again, leaving the smouldering kiln in Tjark’s care. His wagon was loaded high with sacks of charcoal and he brought over one-hundred bushel to the forge, worth fifty silver Groschen. At the forge the master smith met him and assured him that they would buy every last bit of coal. Another neighbouring nobleman had heard of the fine quality steel armour produced in Birkenhain, and the forge would have to be expanded for the extra work. Already Pelle saw over a dozen new labourers, a sign of the things to come. He was glad to answer that he could produce twice as much coal as before.

Before he strode uphill to the castle, Pelle changed into his Sunday best. Thus dressed he went past Levy’s home and saw his friend and Rebecca standing in their door and talking to the goldsmith Schmu’el, Samuel to the town folk. Pelle greeted them friendly and wished them peace and leisure on their day of rest. They exchanged some pleasantries and talked about people they knew. Seeing the goldsmith gave Pelle an idea. He knew that Samuel would not talk business on the Sabbath, but Pelle resolved to call on the man before he left Birkenhain. He placed a small bag of fine coal on Levi’s windowsill before he left giving Rebecca a friendly nod. She nodded back but she would not touch that bag before sunset.

Entering the castle yard he could already see Ingeburg sitting under the ancient oak tree. She stood as soon as she saw him and rushed to meet him. Her embrace was fierce and for a moment Pelle feared she had bad news. When she let go of his neck however, he saw nothing but joy in her lovely blue eyes.

“Pelle, the Good Lord has blessed our joining!” she gushed. “I believe I am with child!”

For a brief moment, Pelle had to close his eyes and he breathed deeply.

“Are you quite certain?” he asked, his voice a bit unsteady.

Ingeburg nodded happily. “I’m showing all the signs. Rebecca agrees and so does the Baroness. Aren’t you happy, Pelle?”

Instantly, Pelle held her face in both hands and kissed her. “Forgive me, my love. I am new to being a husband and new to becoming a father. Things like that never happened in my families. I was an only child and we had no neighbours and friends in the forest. I am scared. This is such ... much a huge task! I must take good care of you and...”

“You are doing that already, Pelle. Do not worry. We shall have a child and we shall bring it up as best we can.”

Ingeburg certainly was not afraid. She was glowing with happiness.

“Do we ... Should we stop making love now?” Pelle asked with some trepidation.

“No, my love. Believe me, I need your loving touch, now more than ever. Come now, let us sit under the tree.”

She pulled him to the stone bench under the big oak and they sat together holding hands.

“Pelle, there is bad news too. The Baroness Ermegart insists that I stay here. She holds that our child will be her husband’s first grandchild and destined for a life in Birkenhain. She is already putting pressure on the baron to find a position for you in Birkenhain. He resists so far, claiming that you cannot be replaced at your work. She keeps prodding though.”

“I am of two minds, Ingeburg. If I lived here we could be together. Yet, leaving my cabin would mean no clean water, no quiet at night, no hunting. If pressed I shall accede to the Baroness’ wish of course, but I would rather have you back in the forest.”

“Would that became true,” Ingeburg sighed. “But then I would miss the friendship of Lieselotte. Pelle, she is a wonderful woman and a true friend, and she needs me.”

“I can see that, Ingeburg. Mayhap we should count our blessings. We love each other and our union will soon bear fruit. I earn good silver with my trade. Who knows, in ten years I may just buy enough land and rent it out for lease for our livelihood. I believe I could do that already, but my friends at the forge rely on me. Let us be happy with what we have.”

Ingeburg beamed at him. “Yes, you are right, Pelle. We have so much already, let us not be malcontent. Tell me now, how is Tjark faring?”

“He will soon be able to fend for his own, but we talked about it. It is so much easier to work together and we plan to keep it that way and just split the earnings. I believe he may have set his eyes on Marja. I hope this will work out. The girl has no dowry but she can keep house like nobody I know.” He realised his gaffe. “You would be better had you learned early.”

Ingeburg smiled. “I know that I was not up to the task, Pelle. Still, those months together in our cabin were the best time of my life.”

“Living with you those first weeks was wonderful. Every day I found a reason to love you more.”

Ingeburg turned to him now with smouldering eyes and her voice oozed barely veiled desire. “There is an hour or more time before the evening meal. Let us go to my chamber. I want to give you yet another reason.”

They barely made it to the great hall before the Baron and his wife entered. They caught amused looks from the other retainers but Ingeburg and Pelle were sailing on a cloud of bliss and did not care. The old baroness was already sitting on the dais and she gave them a calculating look. Shortly after, the baron entered with his wife and the meal began.

“Your half-sister is with child,” the baroness told her son under her breath. “I believe she just told the collier.”

“Judging from what can be heard every Saturday night I deem that a small wonder,” Sigfrid replied without thinking. Only when he saw Lieselotte bite her lip did he realise his gaffe. He patted his wife’s hand. “Never worry, my dear. Soon you will be in the same state. Ingeburg had a head start, that is all.”

“I am happy for her, really,” Lieselotte said in reply. “She cannot help but share the bliss she feels. I am grateful for her presence. I look forward to motherhood, too, my husband.”

To her own surprise she really did. Her urge to become a mother even made her encourage her husband of late. She still felt barely anything when he mounted her, but for the sake of motherhood she gladly endured the coupling. She also felt a certain tenderness for her husband for his obvious efforts to accommodate her and to avoid hurt. Love she did not, could not feel.

Perhaps, that was wrong. Lieselotte felt love, but it was a deviant, unspeakable love. Whenever Ingeburg entered her chambers, Lieselotte had a rush of feelings. Sometimes when they did needlework together, Lieselotte caught herself gazing at Ingeburg’s graceful neck, her beautiful face, and the luxurious blonde tresses. It was wrong to have such feelings for a woman, a married woman at that who lived for the weekly visits of her husband. Still, Lieselotte could not help herself against the fantasies that frequently bubbled up in her mind.

“Would it be soon, my dear wife,” Sigfrid answered. “For the time, let us share in Ingeburg’s happiness. I said it before, I say it again: I misjudged her badly. Were it not for the coal that is needed urgently at my forge I should find a task here in Birkenhain for Pelle. From what I hear though he is at least getting wealthy. He took two-hundred Groschen from my forge in the last month alone.”

“I have never seen charcoal made,” Lieselotte remarked. “Is it difficult?”

“I don’t understand the process either,” Sigfrid conceded. “How about we ride out one day and have a look? We can spend the night in Lemdalen in the reeve’s manor.”

“I would love that,” Lieselotte answered, already warming to the idea of an outing. “We should forewarn the collier and the reeve.”

“Yes, that be better,” Sigfrid laughed. “What about you, mother?”

“I like the thought, too. I have not seen the new church in Lemdalen yet, and the autumn leaves should be in full colour.”

“It is settled, then. Let us give the collier fair warning. Holla, Cupbearer! Have the collier Pelle come to me after the meal!”

Every man and woman in the hall heard the order, yet the cupbearer dutifully relayed the message to a flustered Pelle. Ingeburg pressed his hand.

“Have no fear, Pelle. It cannot be bad. The Baron has treated me with much kindness of late.”

Pelle nodded but he spent the rest of the meal in apprehension. Then, when the retainers and servants filed from the hall, Pelle made his way to the dais and bowed.

“You asked for my presence, Lord?”

“Yes, Pelle. We spoke of you at table and my wife has expressed a wish to see your work. Frankly, I am curious, too. We shall come by your dwelling with a small hunting party, say ten strong, on Tuesday. Prepare to see your wife then. She can ride in my mother’s carriage.”

Pelle bowed again feeling mixed emotions.

“I shall have food ready for you and your train, Lord. The kiln will still be charring on Tuesday but the previous pile is only opened halfway and the Lady can see the workings of it.”

“Tuesday it is, then,” the Baron smiled. “We shall spend the night in the reeve’s manor in Lemdalen but I see no reason why Ingeburg may not spend the night at your cabin.”

That brought a smile to Pelle’s lips which in turn caused the Baron to laugh out.

“We shall have to see about a more worthwhile task for you, but right now your coal is too important for my forge. Bear with the separation for a year or two. ‘Twill be to your advantage in the end.”

Pelle nodded but he saw no advantage in being separated from Ingeburg. The baron dismissed him and Pelle joined Ingeburg at the lower table again. He told her of the planned visit and her beaming smile told him she looked forward to seeing their cabin again.

They went for a walk, this time down the hill and into the town. Most shops were closed with their owners enjoying their evening’s rest but in Jew Alley normal life had begun again after sunset. Sabbath was over and Pelle and Ingeburg found Levy open for business. He spoke with two debtors and therefore Rebecca asked them to wait in their private room. Levy joined them a short while later. After greeting Ingeburg, he led Pelle to the adjacent room to conduct their business. Ingeburg stayed with Rebecca and the two women talked about their last week.

Meanwhile Pelle deposited silver coins with his friend. He and Tjark had agreed on a split of the earnings. One third of the silver went into a pot and was used to buy food and tools. Of the remainder, Pelle received half, Tjark got a third, and the rest, one sixth, went to Matthias and Marja. This would change once Tjark had his own cabin but until then they found the arrangement fair.

His business done, Pelle collected Ingeburg and they strolled back to the castle. In Ingeburg’s chamber they found her maid, Lina, busy straightening the dishevelled bed and the girl blushed fiercely. She was done a little while later and rushed from the chamber to Pelle and Ingeburg’s amused smiles. The air in the chamber was cool and they undressed quickly and snuggled under the feather filled covers.

They made love once more and without hurry. There was no loud moaning or cries, just content sighs and a few giggles on Ingeburg’s part when Pelle rained kisses over her tummy. Their climaxes were quiet and intimate in nature, satisfying their emotional needs. They fell asleep in a tight embrace and slept peacefully until the bell called for the castle dwellers to assemble for morning mass.

Ingeburg had no pressing tasks after breakfast since Lieselotte spent the entire morning with her husband. Pelle deferred his departure until after the noon meal, and the young couple sat together in the great hall most of the time. The two fireplaces there made for a cozy warmth and most of the castle dwellers whose duties allowed it spent their morning sitting at the large table. They made plans for Ingeburg’s visit that week. Ingeburg felt strongly that she should also visit Lemdalen to see her mother. They agreed that Ingeburg would spend the night at the cabin and visit the village on the next morning, well in time to join the Baron’s party for the journey back to Birkenhain.

Noon meals on Sundays were opulent in Birkenhain Castle. Even Pelle with his large appetite was astonished at the quantities of food and drink on the tables. He barely ate his fill, reasoning that he’d fill out like a capon were he to eat at the Baron’s table all the time. After the meal and a short stroll around the court yard Pelle bade Ingeburg good-bye and walked downhill to the stable where he kept his horse and wagon. With the wagon empty, he let the horse run at a trot along the highway. It seemed to enjoy the quick pace, for it nickered and tossed its head all the whilst it was trotting.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.