The Crucible - Cover

The Crucible

Copyright© 2012 by Legion

Extract 2

Science Fiction Sex Story: Extract 2 - Andrew Greyman is a soldier of the Imperium, in a state of war. The war however seems to be coming to an end as the Federation gain the lead and attempt to strike a killing blow. However just as the battle reaches the deciding height a new enemy comes into the fray and is more deadly than any human rivalry

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Science Fiction   Space   sci-fi adult story,sci-fi sex story,adult science fiction story

The difference between the Federation and Imperium is a topic that is still widely debated. Analyst Graham Shakra believes that at the core there is no difference between the two human superpowers. He argues in several documented writings that the federal system of government and the Imperial/constitutional monarchy type system it uses are actually fairly similar

For one he argues that corruption and political bickering are dangerously present in both, this has created an expected level of political backlash against Shakra. Secondly he argues that the governmental establishment in both states were derived from the extinct earth nation of America. He continues to say that the head of the Federal system and the head of the Imperial council share similarities with the President or even Prime minister of the equally extinct nation of Britain.

Shakra dismisses the Emperor's position as head of the government, saying that he never represented the main force of the Imperial council and only acted as a figure to be the face of the state and one where all achievements and failures can be directed at, this also extents partially to the main figure of the Federal senate who in reality holds very little power. It is in fact the main council or senate that make the decisions on everything that passes through into high governmental process. While there are some differences the main points do appear similar.

The similarities however do become less and less after that, with weaponry and tactics displayed being diverse over the years the two have been culturally separated. The knowledge in tactics was used by the Imperial forces shortly after its creation to defeat a much larger Federation force that threatened the existence of the Imperium.

Shakra's opponent in documentation is Murray who claims that the two states have diverged to a point where they are unrecognisable to be even the same species. He backs this up with several pieces of evidence shown at the analyst conference held in small times of peace where the two converge slightly in ways other than war.

The differences in the two states seem to appear in almost everything from weaponry and tactics to art and culture, each of these subjects being the centre of a furious debate between analysts.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.