06 Home
Chapter 95

Copyright© 2012 by Banzai Ben

Present – Jens – In the tunnels

I've been busy as hell! After I made sure Maria or the twins and Alexi won't come back to the cabin, I purged the security system, reloaded the image in the virtual server and verified it is working correctly. Then I enabled the mobile phone bridge and Internet access.

Now I'm pissed as hell as I watch the video monitor from the meadow in front of the cabin. A swarm attacks and kills an elk while Jack comments, "Those have to be killer bees. Banzai and I ran into them once in South America and we were lucky to survive."

Masha concurs, "Yes, and I would estimate there are millions of them which will probably disrupt the entire ecology of Colorado."

Yeah the fuckers dropped balloons filled with Africanized honey bees! When the balloons popped the pissed off bees attacked anything and everything that moved. It didn't take long for the birds to flee the area, however the bigger wildlife can't move fast enough and a wholesale slaughter is going on. I pray like hell that Anastasia and Sharik are bedded down someplace safe.

I watch as swarms continue their attack and comment, "Well at least they are killing the last of the damn rats."

Masha questions, "What will the night time low temperature be tonight."

I check and reply, "I'm sure you know that they have been found in the Andes in South America, so it won't be cold enough to kill them tonight. However it will be cold enough to make them lethargic."

Masha states, "Yes Ms. Donaldson, of that fact I was aware however I hoped that we could purge and possibly close up the house to prevent their entry."

I switched the video feed to inside the cabin and the fuckers looked damn comfortable. I see something else that bothers the hell out of me, then a possible solution comes to mind...

Present – Jack – In the tunnels

Jens questions, "Are those fucking cockroaches in the cabin?"

Masha and I look at the video feed and I confirm, "Yeah I would say they are. Damn, that one is nearly as big as a palmetto bug."

She swears, "Those fuckers! Some of the balloons must have had cockroaches in them."

Masha adds, "Jack a palmetto bug is nothing but an armored, flying cockroach. We must not underestimate our adversary again. If they released cockroaches they will not be normal cockroaches."

I speculate, "Yeah I bet they are infected with some nasty shit."

Masha concurs and enumerates, "Yes that is a valid assumption since cockroaches have been known to harbor salmonella, cholera, typhoid, dysentery, hepatitis and some from South America have even contained traces of the HIV virus."

I add, "And there's no telling what shit they're picking up from the dead rats."

Jens declares, "I hate fucking cockroaches! I think I will crank up the air conditioning to max in the cabin perhaps that will drive them out."

I look at the video feed and wonder if we should just set the whole damn cabin on fire and start over again from scratch...

Present – Masha – In the tunnels

If this wasn't so vile, I would applaud the ingenuity of the attacks we faced. We had been trapped in the tunnels like rats in a cage ... I began to process the thought and what I realize severely concerns me. I announce, "Ms. Donaldson, I would like to call a group meeting."

Ms. Donaldson questions, "Masha, what's wrong?"

I state, "I am extremely uncomfortable with the current situation and it would be better if we could discuss it as a group."

We all meet in the large conference room and I begin, "I am concerned that the attacks have been directed in such a way as to force us into the tunnels. Ms. Donaldson who else has knowledge of the tunnel system."

She replies, "Well of course the contractor who built them. Why are you so concerned?"

I answer, "So far the drug lord has kept us on the defensive, but perhaps he has further plans on how to infiltrate the tunnels? We need to determine if there are any weaknesses in the design of the tunnels."

Ms. Donaldson begins to reply when something negative happens...

Present – Jens – In the tunnels

Dammit to hell and back, we've just had a hell of a power glitch. I order, "Wait a minute." I try to operate the terminal and it's behaving weirdly! I finally get the video feed of the outside power poles and the damn swarms are shorting out the transformers, but that shouldn't cause a power glitch, the generator should take over.

I try to access the terminal but it's slow as hell so I complain, "What the fuck is wrong with this damn security system."

The klaxon sounds again and Jack offers, "I'll beat the shit out of it again."

Todd signs, "Jennifer, it is not Jack this time but the security system is under attack."

I realize he's right and I question, "But how?" I am able to put the video feed on slow scan where it switches between all the cameras, it goes past one camera and I question, "Did you see that?"

Everyone draws around the terminal, we wait for the video feed to cycle again and Jack swears, "The mother's are shorting out the terminal I destroyed."

Yeah, Jack's right! The damn bees and filthy cockroaches are trying to stay warm on the electronics of the destroyed terminal and I can only assume they are doing the same on the terminal Todd destroyed.

Just when I can't think of how it will get worse...

Present – Todd – In the tunnels

The power totally fails, the lights dim and then I assume a generator takes over because the lights return to full power. However I have a huge concern. I sign, "Jennifer, please inform me the generator is housed in its own building."

Jennifer replies, "No they are in metal enclosures outside."

Masha (being who she is) realizes what I am leading to and she cautions, "Ms. Donaldson, the bees will swarm the generator and soon disable it. Do you possibly have a contingency plan for this event?"

Present – Jens – In the tunnels

Hell no I don't have a fucking contingency plan for any of these events! Who in the hell would think we would be attacked by a killer bear, a killer cougar, rats and now killer bees and cockroaches!

I watch the video feed as it switches past the generator and realize Todd and Masha are correct, the bees have already begun to swarm on the generator.

I look at everyone and say, "Hell no I don't have a contingency plan for this and yes the generator and security system will fail. However this does not mean that we will be dead in the water. Masha you have command here, Jack and Todd follow me."

I run down the hallways fast enough so they can barely keep up. I enter the power distribution room and order, "Okay you two gurus need to figure out how to get the portable generator hooked up to the carbon dioxide scrubber. Make sure to vent its exhaust outside and if you can keep the security system up that would be a bonus."

They both start working and Jack asks, "What are you going to do?"

I gulp and reply, "Something I never dreamed I would have to do..."

Present – Masha – In the tunnels

I am observing the cameras when they all go dead, but the instant before they die I realize what Ms. Donaldson performed. It was a very wise and heroic act, I only hope it can save us...

Present – Ben – Austin Texas

I had a hell of a good breakfast, shot the shit with some great guys and even made it to practice early. My friend the janitor brings me a cup. I look at him and question, "You got anything stronger to put in this?"

He laughs and admits, "Yes, I heard you had a rough night. It's a shame about the old Donkey Kong play center but I guess you showed those women." He pulls out a flask, tops off my cup and smiles at me.

Things are going fine until the two bitches walk in – Margarita and Motita – the janitor takes one look at them and says, "Man, I don't know what you did to them but it had to be bad. By the way I always have an extra cot here."

He wisely leaves as they walk over and Margarita begins to complain, "Paverast..."

I glare at her and for once she shuts the fuck up. The damn little dog gets all huffy so I stare her down too!

I drink the rest of my laced coffee, head to the stage and have a hell of a practice! And hell no I don't sit by Margarita or the damn dog for lunch! I grab two plates full of food and head to find the janitor...

Present – Stacy and Samantha – Escaping from the vets

It's morning and Sam finally wakes up, looks over the edge of the tarp and questions, "I thought I was going to pull watch last night."

I'm tired as hell from being up all night, but remember to be kind (because of Ben) and explain, "Sam there's been a slight change in plans today. I have some friends coming soon to help us so I decided to let you sleep."

She stretches and remarks, "Wow, did I ever sleep well in this hammock you rigged up."

I reply, "Yeah, that was one more thing Ben taught me."

She slowly climbed down the tree and said, "Boy, do I need the bathroom."

I thought, join the club, you should try being preggers! I suggest, "I've been using the bush over there. Don't forget to take a pistol."

I hand her a pistol and she says, "Thanks Stacy, you're a real friend."

Wow Stacy is being so nice to me - she even let me sleep in. I finish my morning duties and offer, "I will make breakfast today."

Stacy smiles but says, "Sam, my team is bringing us breakfast."

I wonder what the hell she means, but then a bunch of vehicles drive up. I begin to worry it might be Frank and the Mossad but Stacy seems very relaxed. In fact, when she walks to the lead vehicle a man jumps out and states, "Ms. Summers, here are your weapons."

I watch as he hands her the golden rifle and her two pistols. I question, "I thought the News crew had those."

He smiles and says, "Had is the key word."

I continue, "But they are Mossad."

He laughs, "Yeah, so what!"

I am confused as I watch what transpires: They unload another horse, several pack animals and someone goes over to look at Ben's horse.

They begin to set up a tent, Stacy comes over, hands me my phone and says, "Sam you can keep this phone, however they will track you with it."

I question, "What are you going to do?"

She laughs, "I'm going to sleep. If I were you I would get used to your new horse."

I look at the man who seemed to be in command and he greets me, "My name is Bill and I am the head of security for Ms. Summers. Now let me introduce you to your new horse..."

Present – Byron, Thom and Inga – Reconnaissance, otherwise known as terrestrial foreplay for successful ground warfare

We make it to the beach, I look at Thom and Inga and order, "Well get your rears in gear and find me some damn ammo."

Inga questions, "Do we have any funds?"

I open Betsy's case, pull out my emergency stash of Krugerands, hand half to Thom, half to Inga and order, "Well what's the damn holdup?"

Thom questions, "Where are you going?"

I scan the horizon, locate the tallest building and state, "I'm going to be on the roof of that building. Now move it..."

Damn Byron is serious about this and I hope to hell he knows what he's doing. I take off, pull out my phone, try to call the cabin but still no one answers...

Byron has provided me with enough funds to not only purchase his ammo, I believe I can also come up with a surprise that he will like. Thom makes a call on his phone but doesn't get an answer so he calls someone else. He hangs up and says, "Damn, all hell is breaking loose in America again."

I question, "Please explain?"

Thom states, "I guess Jennifer and the cabin have been under constant attack for days now from this damn drug lord."

I grow concerned about Masha and know I must stop by an Internet café to contact her...

Present – Maria, Linus, Matt and Jim – At the cabin

I think we have set some sort of record for getting from Texas to Colorado. Not only that, we've gained a whole bunch more Marines in the process (I'm not even sure how many we have now!). Most of them said something like, 'You don't fuck with America's sweetheart and expect not to have your ass kicked.'

Linus orders, "Okay guys, let us take the lead to the cabin gate." Jim passes the semis, we take the lead and approach the gate. There's an ambulance and car blocking the gate and I question, "What the hell is wrong with that car?"

Jim stops suddenly which damn near causes a huge wreck and declares, "It's covered with fucking bees."

Linus adds, "No it's covered with fucking killer bees."

He gets on the CB and announces, "Okay guys, it looks like we have a huge swarm of killer bees to take care of. Anyone have any ideas?"

Someone answers back, "Well we have a few M2 flamethrowers that should take care of those damn bees."

In wonder I think, 'shit who the hell thought to bring flamethrowers'!

An old truck pulls up, a couple grizzled old Marines get out and begin laughing, "Hell, who'd a thought we'd ever get a chance to use these again."

The other one answers, "And to think you wanted to leave these at home."

They begin to get ready then Linus says, "Maria, look at the cabin."

I finally look at the cabin and ... Tears begin to roll down my face...

Present – Ira, Mira and Alexi – At the hospital

Ms. Donaldson calls and informs us to not come back from the hospital because the cabin is once again under attack however she does not supply any details. I cognate and wonder what sort of vile and disgusting weapon was currently launched against the cabin. It must have been even worse than the Rattus rattus invasion!

We request strategic placement in the same room to which the hospital complies. However, then the police come and place handcuffs on Mira and Alexi. I question, "Why did you perform that provocative action?"

The officer states, "Your sister assaulted one of the staff and we believe your brother stole an ambulance."

I predatorily grin at him and demand, "Do you make it a habit of restraining foreign citizens with diplomatic passports?"

He steadfastly replies, "I have my orders!"

I then threaten, "You have just created an international incident which may terminate your career."

I withdraw my phone and commence a call...

Present – Maria, Linus, Matt and Jim – At the cabin

I look at the cabin and begin to cry because ... I can't believe it, it's on fire! And I'm not talking about a little fire, the whole damn place (which I thought was supposed to be fireproof) is burning. I yell, "Linus, we're too damn late!"

Present – Ira, Mira and Alexi – At the hospital

We await the arrival of our ambassador to reverse this police misunderstanding. To occupy our time, we occulate the news on the television monitor. A report begins and as I look at Mira, I question, "My sister, is that not Ms. Donaldson's cabin which appears engulfed in an inferno."

Mira sits up and agrees, "Yes Irinka it is! I have great concern for Ms. Morgan's safety."

Alexi adds, "Perhaps they are all ensconced in the subterranean tunnels."

I sadly inform my sister, "Mirinka I was not able to relocate our equipment to the tunnels."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.