06 Home - Cover

06 Home

Copyright© 2012 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 14

Present – Liz – At the cabin - Run

Running with Mira is a joy. She is quite the runner and makes it look effortless. Someday I need to challenge her to a race, but not until I've put a few more miles 'under my belt.' When we hear a hell of a noise behind us, amazingly Mira spins around and runs backwards without losing a step. I crane my neck around just in time to see Byron, then Jens, Sharik, Zarika, Maria and Linus blow past us. Jens yells, "I'm gaining on you?"

Byron laughs, "Not for long! Then he pulls away."

I look at Mira and say, "You think we can catch them?"

She frowns and states, "Most certainly I could catch them. If your corporeal self contained less adipose tissue then you might keep up with them, however I beg you for my sister Ira to not pursue them."

What the hell! Did Mira just call me fat? Oh well, I have put on a few pounds but hey, I'm much better than most American women. But I wonder about Ira so I question, "Mira what is wrong with Ira?"

Mira spins back around and explains, "Ms. Morgan, one of her lower bipedal units sustained injury when she extricated her corporeal body from the Kamaz."

Then I remembered Ira telling us that last night. I crane my neck again and see Ira and Alexi behind us and offer, "Mira, since everyone else is gone, let's all run together."

Mira smiles in gratitude, "Thank you Ms. Morgan, that would be sublime."

Present – Mira, Ira, Alexi and Liz – At the cabin - Run

Ira

I am extremely pleased when Ms. Morgan and Mira reduce their speed and we join them. I have an overwhelming desire to run beside my sister again.

Mira questions, "Irinka, how is your mono-pedal anguish?"

I force a smile and reply, "Mirika the discomfort is manageable. Thank you for returning beside us."

Ms. Morgan is analyzing me and queries, "Ira, did you have a doctor look at your leg?"

I reply, "No Ms. Morgan. There was not sufficient time because my first priority was to reunite with my family."

Ms. Morgan gives me a very stern look and orders "Well that's all I need to hear! We're putting a stop to this run right now and walking back to the cabin. Then I'm going to have a look at that leg of yours. And tomorrow, we're going into Denver and take you to the best orthopedic specialist that we can find."

Mira

I watch my sister Ira crimson slightly. I know Ms. Morgan's desire to care for her has slightly embarrassed her. We are not accustomed to our benefactor caring for us thusly.

Alexi declares what Ira and I can not find the words to say, "Thank you very much Ms. Morgan for the wonderful care and concern you show my sisters. It will not go unrewarded."

Liz

Yeah, there's no way in hell were running on Ira's injured leg since we could be causing it further damage. We all stop running, turn around and head back toward the cabin and I ask, "Ira you never did finish your story last night."

I am amazed as she continues...

Present – Jens and Byron– At the cabin - Run

Jens

I sure as hell don't know how someone his age can run so damn fast, and the old fart is teasing the hell out of me! He slows up and yells, "What's wrong? Do you run like a girl?" Then when I'm almost to him he sprints away. Damn, it's just like Ben used to tease me only it's worse now because he's an old fart.

I change strategy, drop my pace just a touch and yell at him, "Yeah well I can keep this up all day."

Byron

Now this is fun as hell! Jennifer is really quite a runner and it's all I can do to keep ahead of her, plus I'm sure as hell not used to running at this altitude and I'm really sucking wind. I sense that she slows up some and know she's going to let me exhaust myself, so I take the offensive. I slow up to a manageable pace and yell, "Well, I think I showed you. Just let me know when you want a rematch."

She comes up beside me, grins widely and asks, "How did you get so fast?"

I reply, "I don't know, I've always been able to run fast. But this altitude is kicking my rear."

She giggles, "Yeah I'm having problems too."

Zarika runs up and adds, "Fun this was."

Jennifer looks at her and says, "Wow I'm impressed you kept up with us."

Zarika answers, "Yes I good woman and run well."

Jens

I'm amazed that Zarika kept up with us and never would have guessed it. I smile at her, reach into my pocket, hand her another kiss and say, "You deserve this."

She smiles and replies, "Thank you Jens lady, I paper not throw on ground."

Byron complains, "Hey how about one of those for the winner of this race."

I reach in my pocket, hand him two chocolate kisses and state, "You might have won today, but I want a rematch."

Present – Maria and Linus – At the cabin - Run

Maria

Uhhh. Suddenly I don't feel very well and I know what the hell is happening. In my haste to leave I didn't prepare for it. I run up to Jens and ask, "Jens can we stop and can I talk with you in the bushes over here?"

She gives me a funny look then says, "Sure everyone take five."

Linus asks, "Maria, is something wrong?"

I snap at him, "Not now honey, give me a minute."

Linus

I stop beside Byron, he looks at me and asks, "What's wrong with Maria?"

I shake my head and answer, "I don't have any idea, she seems like she's in pain."

Present – Maria – At the cabin - Run

I get Jens to the side and explain, "Jens, Aunt Flo is coming and I forgot to bring anything."

She gives me a worried look and asks, "Maria are you sure it's just Aunt Flo?"

I nod my head, "Yeah Jens, I am."

Jens takes off her pack, gives me the supplies I need then turns away. I take care of things then I ask, "Jens do you really mind if I bail on the rest of the run?"

We head towards the rest of the group and Jens replies, "Sure Maria, why don't you and Linus head back to the cabin.

Linus questions, "We're headed back to the cabin? Why?"

I blush, grab his hand and say, "Not now honey, I'll tell you later."

Jens yells, "We'll see you two later."

Present – Zarika, Jens and Byron – At the cabin - Run

Zarika

I have not seen Yasmeen the annoying. Knowing her I bet she is back at the cabin house sleeping. So I question, "Jens lady? Yasmeen where she is?"

Jens

Zarika is right. We've been stopped long enough that everyone else should have caught up with us and no one did. I look at Byron and ask, "You think something has happened to everyone else."

He thinks for a moment, then begins to laugh...

Byron

Damn him! He played us perfectly and I hate being played. I laugh and say, "Jennifer we've been played by Thom and I bet he's back at the cabin right now sleeping."

Jennifer gets a fiery look in her eyes and snaps, "If he is I'm going to make him regret it."

Zarika questions, "Yasmeen where?"

I add, "I think she went to cabin with Thom," which further inflames Jennifer.

She yells, "Okay we're headed back to the cabin to take care of those two malingerers."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.