06 Home - Cover

06 Home

Copyright© 2012 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 3

Present – Samantha – In the woods

I see the smoke coming from the direction of the bunker and point it out to everyone. Emanuel looks around and questions, "Who's watching the bunker and the news van?"

I think we all realize at the same time the answer is nobody. Emanuel orders, "Double time back to the bunker." He and the team take off and leave me to push Frank's ATV wheelchair. I don't mind because it give us some 'alone' time. While traveling with a group of soldiers, there's not much of that.

I just begin flirting real well with my new husband, when we round a corner and I can't believe what we see. Frank orders, "Samantha, leave me and save yourself."

I answer, "Like hell!" Then we prepare for a different kind of battle...

Present – Stacy – Stacy vs. the News van

Ha, ha! They left their precious news van unguarded now they will pay for messing with my pack. I ride Patches close, jump off her back, pick up a big rock and throw it at the window. It bounces off the window, hits me in the head (and hurts like hell) and Ben starts laughing like crazy.

Ben remarks, "Stacy I think that's bullet proof glass."

I give Ben a dirty look and whine, "Stop laughing and help me."

He complains, "We don't have time to be wasting on this."

I see something on his tactical vest and order, "Ben, give me one of those fire grenades because I have an idea."

He looks puzzled, then asks, "You mean a WP grenade?"

I put both hands on my hips and answer, "Hell yes that's what I mean."

He tosses one to me and remarks, "Just make sure you can get away when you pull the pin."

I head to the back off the van, crawl underneath, wedge the fire grenade against the gas tank and remember Ben's admonition about being able to 'get away' when I pull the pin. I make sure I'm not caught on anything, pull the pin, slip out from under the van look at Ben and state, "Let's get out of here."

We take off like our asses are on fire (and mine still feels that way).

Present – Ben – Escape from the bunker

It is funny as hell watching Stacy when the rock smacks her on the head. She is one of the most accident prone women I've known (shit all women except one seem to have that problem). And like the rest she has no sense of humor about being laughed at. But she did have a great idea with the news van, that WP grenade will burn right through...

We hear the start of explosions behind us and Stacy interrupts my thoughts, "Ben what's all that noise behind us."

I reply, "Well that's probably the news van and the ammo that's left in the bunker."

She states, "I was worried it was the news team chasing us."

I answer, "Oh I'm sure they have bigger problems to deal with other than chasing us."

Present – Emanuel – At the bunker

We arrive at the bunker and it's what I was concerned about: Both the news van and the bunker are engulfed in flames and the ammo is starting to get hot enough that it's cooking off. We move back a safe distance, I begin to read my men the riot act when we hear gunfire coming from our previous direction.

One of my men questions, "Do you think that Ben and Stacy headed toward your brother and Sam?"

I reply, "Who knows but we need to see what the hell is going on with them." Then we race back toward the sound of their gunfire.

Present – Samantha – In the woods

We hear some gunfire from the direction of the van and bunker. Frank says, "That doesn't sound right for gunfire but right now this tiger is a bigger concern."

Yeah, we came right around the corner of the trail and now are face to face with a tiger that looks hungry.

He's beautiful so I question, "Honey do we really have to kill him?"

Frank glances at me and answers, "Well, it would probably be the best thing..."

I make up my mind and open fire...

Present – Ben – In the woods

We slow up a little as we approach the top of a ridge, and I see something that gives me another idea so I order, "Stacy, we're stopping here for a bit."

She complains, "That's good because my ass hurts like hell. But are you sure they aren't going to catch us?"

I point to the structure and say, "You taking out their news van has given me an idea. If I can take that out then we will slow them up even more."

Then like the dumb female she is she questions, "Just what is that little building with the tower and antennas?"

I want to scream but instead I just answer, "It's a cell phone tower and if I destroy it then there's a good chance they won't be able to use their cell phones."

Then she questions, "Just how in the hell are you going to destroy it. It has a fence with barbed wire around it."

I grin at her and say, "The way I always destroy things, grasshopper. Watch and learn..."

Present – Samantha – In the woods

My plan to scare off the tiger works. I fire in the ground at its feet and it takes off running. Frank swears, "Dammit you missed and now he's gone."

I smile at him and lie, "Yeah sorry about that. I guess I was more scared than I realized." I get ready to say more when we hear gunfire and incoming footsteps from a new direction.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.