My Hero
Chapter 5: So That's How it Feels

Copyright© 2012 by carniegirl

Six months after the drug raid that got me back on desk duty, and five months after the gang banger bust that got me and Harry noticed again for a the right reasons, I was still working on the tactical unit. That particular Friday at three PM, I was just out of the shower. I was also standing naked in the tiny bathroom with my hair soaked. I tried to get a look at my body full length, but it was a waste of time. The best I could do in the tiny bathroom was to see from my small breasts to the top of my wet stringy hair. It was definitely not a flattering look for me.

I had peasant hips, fit only for dropping babies in the field. I had mismatched boobs as well. My boobs would be better suited for a model, than a real woman, especially one, with hips two inches larger than her chest.

I hated my body, but I knew that the body was only a small part of who I was. Still, it would be nice to have guys go wow, when they saw me for the first time. What happened at that moment was that when I met a guy for the first time, he was pleasant enough until he found out I didn't put out of the first date. At that point he almost always drifted off to someone either more attractive or more slutty.

I suppose that they felt if they were going to be forced to invest time in a woman, they wanted one more attractive. I didn't really have one of those magnetic personalities, so I was just plain, out of luck in the male companion hunt.

I made a reasonable amount of money, and I lived very frugally. So of course, I was saving my money for a boob job. I'm sure that if people knew that tidbit, they would think that I was foolish and vain for wanting to do it. Still it was my money and I was the one risking my ass for it, so fuck em. I also never told anyone about the secret savings.

I needed $5,000 or maybe a little more figuring for inflation. The estimate was already six months old and probably would be another year before I actually had the money. I was pretty sure the city insurance plan would never pay for it. I considered it necessary for my mental health, but I doubted the insurance company would see it that way.

The nights at work were so boring that nothing, since the warehouse bust, stuck in my mind. I mean sure we were apprehending people for the detectives, or escorting inter-agency arrest units now and then, but nothing really exciting ever happened. When we cornered the guys with the warrants they simply gave up. It would have been a lot more fun to chase them like they always seemed to do on TV.

On that Friday in June I checked my bank savings accounts on line before I headed for the station. I had a couple of saving accounts. One was for household emergencies and the other for my boob job. So far I had 3K of the 5K I needed. Since it was payday I could expect to add 200 to the boob account and that was always a good thing. With that in mind I drove to the station in a good mood, even if it was a Friday night with me working 8P till 4A.

"Sometime tonight we are going to be serving a federal warrant for the justice department. There is a guy here in the downtown hotel they have paper on, so around midnight, when we are sure that the mooch is in his room, we will go in." Sergeant Owens said it at roll call.

"Try to do it after midnight, at least it will be something to wake us up," Ruger said.

Immediately after roll call I recovered Harry from the holding pen behind the station where he relaxed while I suffered through roll call. We rode around for several hours without doing anything significant. It was just a typical night as a small town copper. I did get to stop a well known local attorney. She was actually the one whose card I had in my kitchen cabinet's drawer.

I stopped her for running a stop sign. Once I saw her driver's license, I knew I had an ethical problem. It was quite possible that she would be asked to defend me someday, so the way she saw me was important.

"I am sorry Ms. Brown, but I am going to have to write you a ticket for the stop sign violation," I said.

"I know who you are Officer Thomas; I was told that you might be calling me to defend you one day. It seems you spend a lot of time in trouble." she said.

"Yes Ma'am I do; and I have your card at my house. I can't let that make a difference in how I enforce the law." I said.

"Good for you," she said. "You won't be too upset, if the ticket gets lost in the system will you?" she asked.

"Not at all," I replied.

Meeting the famous Jennifer Brown and writing her the ticket at 11PM on a Friday night was the most exciting thing that had happened to me in weeks. That is until the call came to meet the rest of my team at the downtown motel's parking garage.

"Everybody wears a vest for this one," the sergeant said. "I am told this guy might want to shoot it out. He did the last time they had him cornered."

I put Harry's vest on him, even before I squirmed into my own vest. The plan was for my team to go up the stairs while the Justice Department lawyer and two FBI agents went up in the elevator. Once we had cleared the stairs and hallway, we would hit the door. It was a damn good plan; of course it went wrong from the start.

Somehow the subject of the operation got wind of it. Either that or he decided that it was time to take off. He left his room at the same time we entered the stairwell. We were three stories below him and headed up, when he entered the stairwell and headed down. We turned a corner and there we all were face to face. Harry and I were in the lead going up the stairs, so we got shot at first.

Actually I got shot and released Harry who went for the man with the gun. He had the man on the ground in a second. The gun he used to shoot me went over the side and down the stairwell past my team. It turned out that the man on the stairs had other weapons, but Harry wasn't letting him get to them.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.