A Little Adventure in Time
Chapter 3: Over the Hill

Copyright© 2012 by Old Man with a Pen

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 3: Over the Hill - A funny thing happened to me during an archaeological dig. You'll die laughing. But I doubt it. It wasn't funny at the time and I get chills thinking about it. I hope I'm back to stay.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   Consensual   Heterosexual   Time Travel   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Voyeurism  

I took off Saturday morning when the rest of the crew went to the bar. Archaeologists are a thirsty bunch and the whole crew was over 21. I'd been there, done that, got several bar tee shirts, so I don't need to drink to have fun.

If the truth be known, I'm a loner. I prefer my company. At least if I get arrested it's my fault. The last few days off I'd been sticking pretty much close to camp ... there's bears and rattlesnakes in them thar hills and the boss asked me to stop bringing my pistol. Like I said ... sticking close enough to holler if I need it.

Today I went south over the hill to the next valley. There's never been gold mining in that one so I meandered up the valley floor.

I looked around a lot. Archaeologists suffer from the "grazing cow syndrome." We look at our feet and swing our heads side to side like cows looking for a delightful bit of grass, but we're really looking for evidence of prior occupation in the form of cultural material. It doesn't have to be artifactual debris, it can be the white mans' trash. You might be surprised at the things early settlers throw away, or drop during times of stress. It's junk out of place we look for.

I always carry a few stake flags so I can mark locations. Later I'll get the principal investigator (the guy with the Ph.D.) to come look at what I've found and either tell me I'm a dumb shit or I done good.

He has a tendency to say "Good" rather than "dumb shit" ever since the time I found a perfect obsidian Pelican Lake projectile point in his boot track. Another time, on the same dig, he said, "Hairy, we haven't found anything interesting in a while. Go find me an artifact."

As soon as I took off he started shaking his head and commenting to another of the excavators about the direction I took. I climbed up to the top of the tailing pile, that's where all the sifted junk and big rocks go at the end of the day, bent down, picked up a big rock and held it at my side as I came back to him. He said he wanted an artifact and I should have looked in the pit. I handed him a HUGE perfect grooved stone maul and walked away. I turned back and told him he was a danger to the flies and he should shut his mouth. The other student with him fell down she was laughing so hard!

Like I said, I grazed until I came upon a fairly tall clay looking set of abrupt uplifts. Others would call it a cliff but I know cliffs and this bunch wasn't near tall enough. I do have to admit if you were running down the hill in the middle of the night, you'd run right off it and probably kill yourself but it wasn't more than 30 or 40 feet from the lip to the valley floor.

It was pretty easy to see that water had been running down the valley floor and it was cutting a channel right next to the face of the rise. I gave it a glance and headed up to the tree line.

I found the foundation of a cabin right up against the trees ... line shack, settlers cabin, failed homestead ... who knows? But it had lots on interesting junk around and in it. I poked here and there until it rattled back and I beat feet out of it.

Barton Gulch is pretty close to Yellowstone National Park and the land is still doing a little resettling from the last big quake so tremors are not as rare as I'd like them to be. As I was walking back to the cliffy rise, one of those tremors about put me on my knees and a piece of the little cliff popped off the face, right at the base.

'Well, that was exciting!' I thought. 'Hmmm? There's a hole where that chunk fell off.' And don't you know it, I couldn't help myself. I had to look inside. Dumb shit!!

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.