Better Left Alone - Cover

Better Left Alone

Copyright© 2012 by Lapi

Chapter 6

Some Comments

I thought of some of the great battles that could change the course of history. Lord Nelson, Waterloo, The Charge of the Light Brigade in the Crimea, the Sack of Rome, Troy and many more. What to do? Those I could think of had all ended in a favourably way, or had they done so because people like had helped? I wondered.

(Some of these will be included in future chapters)

Morning Star thought we should help her people; Shiddar reminded me that Salladin was trying to free all the people, Jew, Christian and Arab. Vernna reminded me that now that so many of her people had been killed or sold into slavery, that the area was helpless if it was invaded.

(Intervention of things may be a spin-off work)

What did he have to loose, he selected a way future date, it was time to see where technology will take mankind. The light surrounded them and they were transported into a Brave New World. What they now saw was shocking. There was nothing but sand and rock, not even water. The entire world was barren. I went back 500 years, when the light was gone, the world was still barren. What had caused this?

(This Future World will be the last chapter(s) here, in a different time though in keeping with the 1 real visit rule)

There was a selector for both planet and dimension, I turned one and we found ourselves in an exotic world exotic meaning like a lush garden. But where were what and we were we to do here?

Unlike the other times, a voice sounded, all of us could clearly hear, it asked, "Is this not what you seek? Is this not so much more than the worlds you have left?" What was happening here, I was not looking for a new world to settle on, I was trying to make my world a better place, my life more meaningful and right mistakes made.

One of my girls, Morning Star, answered the voice. No, this place is empty; there is nothing that changes. In our world there is life, death and a renewal of things, hopefully for the better, we learn from our mistakes and we grow as a people. Here none of that exists but this image that never changes." The voice; sounds again, "How is it that one so young may be so wise? Yes, this world, although seemingly perfect in every way is only a static wasteland. Nothing lives or dies here, things do not grow or renew and this is not the quest you have been sent on."

Now I was really confused, what did making a few things right have to do with our world? The voice continued, "You have been shown the future of your world, the near empty, barren and dying planet. From time to time we will take you back there. You will not yet have the power or the ability to change what you will see but are to learn those things which might be useful in the future of your world. These visits will be an exception to the rules, you will visit there many times."

"You already know one of these things, let me take you back there, remember what you see and hear." We were taken back to the barren world. Nothing had changed; we sat there, on a hill and still nothing. It had seemed like hours had gone past, we moved to other locations still nothing. We had been walking up, down and around and only ruins, dirt and broken rocks could be seen; then there was a sound, then again more sounds. Then the voice was heard again, "Do you now remember what you had already learned?" The three girls all responded together, "Patience!" They said. "That is correct, Patience." We were taken back. We slept.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.