Chosen Frozen II
Chapter 9: Plan Foxhound

Copyright© 2011 by lordshipmayhem

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 9: Plan Foxhound - The continuing adventures of the colonists of Thule. The 12th is now being expanded from Brigade to Division - more challenges, more people, more battles, more Sa'arm.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Consensual   Science Fiction   Humor   Space   Polygamy/Polyamory   Military  

No sooner had the gifts from the Drake been parcelled out than an invitation was received, addressed to the Governor from the Captain of the CSS Arthur C. Clarke. Michael Deschenes brought his second-in-command, Colonel Chaz Desrochers, with him on board the Clarke.

He and Chaz were met by Captain Todmorton and his senior staff, all resplendent in their Fleet Auxiliary dress blues. They were standing at Attention, or a version thereof – the Fleet Auxiliary tended to embrace foot drill with even less enthusiasm than their Regular Navy counterparts – and were introduced in turn to the Governor, to whom they would be reporting to for the foreseeable future.

Michael's Navy counterpart, Admiral Van De Graaf, arrived moments later, accompanied by his aide, Lieutenant Simonetti. They had spent the last hour or so inspecting the CSS Caldecot Castle, much to its crew's discomfiture – the Admiral was a stickler for details and discipline.

Captain Todmorton made an offer of luncheon on board his proud new command, which both Marine officers accepted with pleasure.

Michael realized he had his own social obligation to discharge at that same time. He sent a subvocal request down to Decurion Redburn on Thule. Could she please host a welcoming luncheon at Camp Shackleton's base brothel, the Beauty Saloon, in his name for the Drake's passengers and officers? Samantha reported back that she was delighted to do so.

Lunch on board the Clarke consisted of lake perch fillets "hotel D'angleterre" with a watercress salad, followed by poached pears. As the dessert dishes were whisked away and replaced by coffee and tea by crew's concubines not assigned to the Sciences Division, Michael turned to Toddy and regarded the nervous man warily. "And the real reason why we're here?" he challenged.

As Toddy cleared his throat, Lieutenant Payne, dressed in his Fleet Auxiliary dress blues for once, broke in. "I believe, Captain, sah, that's my cue."

Gratefully, Toddy nodded to the bearded science officer.

To the astonishment of both Michael and Vincent, Payne dug into his left jacket breast pocket and pulled out an old-fashioned pocket watch, opened the antique's cover and tapped the glass. "Yes, it's well after one. My orders," he explained as he snapped the watch closed and returned it to the pocket from whence it came, "are to tell you and the Captain after one in the afternoon on today's date, exactly what the mission of the Arthur C. Clarke is." He nodded at Toddy. "Not even the good Captain of this flyin' laboratory knows about Plan Foxhound."

He leaned back and, in his Southern patrician tones, gently began his lecture. "The first part of the mission of the 12th was to get trained up, and to determine how well, or how poorly, the Sa'arm could handle conditions on arctic planets like Thule. That you knew."

Michael nodded. So far, nothing he didn't already know.

"Of course, things don't always go to plan – that's why the decision to hold a full-blown inquiry into young Decurion Redburn and her 'Children's Crusade'. We needed to know exactly how well the Sa'arm could adapt to fightin' on a skatin' rink."

"Tactical plans never survive contact with the enemy," Michael joked.

"Well, her tactical plans managed to survive quite well, an' that's why she's the youngest Civil Service officer in the Confederacy." The lieutenant took a sip of his tea as the two flag officers reflected that he seemed to know more than a mere researcher should know about the tactical and strategic situation in Sector 12.

"The second part of the mission you might have guessed, but I'm makin' it official. This ship is to proceed to Hesperusat with the next relief fleet, to gather data as to the feasibility of Plan Foxhound. We're to confirm that Hesperus Three is indeed a dead world, and if it is so then we're to try engineerin' an ice age on that planet."

Michael, Toddy and Chaz all started. "An ice age?" Chaz challenged. "Artificially inducing an ice age?"

"Exactly," Payne gently nodded. "We want to turn Hesperus III into another Thule. We don't know if it's a good candidate or not, but we have to try."

"But, why?" Toddy demanded.

"Cain't you guess?" Payne challenged. "If it works on Hesperus, it should work on Earth. The big idea that Central Command has, Plan Foxhound they're callin' it, is that when organized resistance ends on Earth, we'll trigger an ice age there, and freeze the planet. Then we'll send in the 12th Division, or as much as we can spare, plus any local Earth units we've managed to create or rescue during the big final evacuations, and take the planet back."

"Every species on the planet will be rendered extinct, if you make Earth into another Thule," predicted Michael with concern. His thoughts were for the inevitable pockets of humans that would have been left behind. "This iceball had nothing on it until we built the domes."

"We're supposed to trigger the ice age after organized resistance has ended," Payne reminded his audience. "At that point, much of the indigenous life on the planet will already be converted to stew, and what's left over won't be far behind. Many species will already be extinct." Payne shrugged fatalistically. "For the rest, it'll be a case of whether the lifeforms die by the hand of the Swarm or by the hand of Man – there won't be a third alternative."

Lieutenant Simonetti, a puzzled look clouding his handsome face, wondered, "But just how do you 'engineer' an ice age?"

"Easiest way is to create massive dust clouds, to block out the sun and reflect its heat." In front of Payne, the AI showed a planet being bombarded by meteorites. "We've got a whole ring of dandy ammunition in orbit between Mars and Jupiter we can fire at Earth, and besides we can make chaff light enough to hang in the atmosphere for years, to reflect the Sun's radiation even more efficiently."

"Like nuclear winter?" quizzed Vincent.

"Exactly. Or like Krakatoa raised to the power of 10. After that volcanic blast, the worldwide temperature dropped 1.2 degrees Celsius for some five years. Add to that, the impact of massive absorption of greenhouse gases. We think we can drop the Earth's temperature far enough to create a very fast-acting ice age, which means a drop of at least six degrees Celsius. If the projections are right, once we start Operation Foxhound as they call it, within six months every piece of land on the planet will be completely frozen over, and ice will extend almost to the equator."

"Lord have mercy on any humans left on Earth when Plan Foxhound becomes operational," Vincent murmured, shocked by the apocalyptic nature of the operation they were contemplating.

Michael and Chaz looked at each other soberly. Like everyone else, both in the Human Diaspora and still on Earth, they'd tried hard to avoid thinking of Earth's ultimate fate. The room was silent as everyone present struggled to imagine what kind of life would be able to survive that gruelling environment.


Melodie and her daughters were impressed by the family restaurant their new sponsor had referred to as The Beauty Saloon. The fancy Art Deco decor, the fancy meals, the fancy cocktails, the fancy glassware and fancy silverware, all lent the place an air of sophistication. In the corner of the main ball room, a small but talented live jazz band, all dressed in tuxedos, played Gershwin show tunes as a handful of shift-clad concubines and their uniformed sponsors kicked up their heels on the vast dance floor. Concubines in light blue shifts waited tables, and a few people nursed fancy cocktails at the long ebony and chrome bar.

Samantha enjoyed a mocktail called a Cardinal Punch, pregnancy having forced her off booze. Clarisse took her lead from the Decurion and had a cocktail as well, choosing a Coco Colada, unaware that the drink she was served likewise contained precisely zero alcohol.

All three were startled when Danny Bachelor, his naked girlfriend Diana and her equally naked mother Penny joined the dining table. Melodie cocked a questioning eyebrow at her sponsor.

"The Governor's head concubine decided to show her love for him by taking a vow of nudity," explained Samantha's mother Monica. "And her daughter decided to do the same thing when she and Daniel fell in love."

"Ah, I see," nodded Melodie, as if she understood. To the amusement of the long-time Thule residents, however, she couldn't hide the bewilderment she actually felt.

Clarisse and Candy were a little less freaked than their mother, having seen similar displays on Earth. Still, Diana and Danny were only twelve, Clarisse's age.

Samantha had changed the subject, to Melodie's relief. "We'll have our first goalie school class at three this afternoon. That gives us enough time to get in a little relaxation."

Candy noticed one particularly hot looking woman drinking a Martini at the bar. The brunette looked like she was in her early 20's but, thanks to Darjee medical technology, she could easily be a grandmother. She wore an emerald-green Chinese dress slit almost waist-high, decorated with dragons and flowers done in fine gold thread. An orchid was perched just over one ear. The way the woman's B-cup bosom moved, it was clear she wasn't wearing a bra. The slit should have revealed some sort of panties, but it was just possible she didn't wear anything down there, either. Add in black patent-leather shoes with a two-inch heel and manicured toenails in the same scarlet colour as her carefully varnished fingernails, and the result was an exotic beauty.

That this particular exotic beauty was draped decorously around the two metre tall Marine standing next to her made it clear just what her intentions were: mating, and as soon as she could talk the tall man out of his pants. From his reaction to her running her long fingers through his blond brush cut, the feeling was mutual. He responded to her caresses and French kisses by placing one hand under her dress, firmly on her bare butt.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.