The Amulets of Power IV: the Burma Conflict - Cover

The Amulets of Power IV: the Burma Conflict

Copyright© 2011 by Uncle Jim

Chapter 10

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 10 - Bill and Suenee spend some time at 46th Group Headquarters, but there is trouble brewing in the Shan States, and Bill is soon on a Team headed there to solve the problem with a little help.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Military  

At the Team House, the meeting started soon after we arrived. Captain Tamusarit and his senior NCOs had also compiled a list, and the Major had a short list of his own. We started by going down our list one item at a time to see if the others also had that item. There were some interesting contradictions in the lists. For instance, where we had called for water trailers and pumps for fresh treated water, the Thai team also had pumps, but substituted traditional Thai Klong jars for the water trailers.

“Klong Jars?” Captain Fleming asked, unfamiliar with the term.

“Yes, they are large ceramic containers that are used to hold water in Thai households,” Captain Tamusarit told him.

“How will you fill them?” Captain Fleming asked.

“We will run a line from the water pump at the river to the Klong jars in the camp. The water can be treated in the jars and four or five of the larger ones can hold 4,000 liters of water,” Captain Tamusarit told us.

“You are assuming that you will be close to the river,” the Major said in a cautious voice.

“The water can be pumped quite some distance, sir. My people are very familiar with how to do it,” Captain Tamusarit assured him.

“All right,” the Major agreed. “We’ll try that. Those water trailers are always difficult to move anyway with a small vehicle.”

“Now!” he said changing the subject, “Who or how will they be ordered?”

“They can be purchased locally, sir,” Captain Tamusarit assured us. “They are a staple in the Thai economy. We may even be able to obtain them in Nawng-awn, and not need to move them more than a short distance,” Captain Tamusarit told us.

“In that case we would only need to order the pumps and some pipe and hose,” the Major said.

“Yes, and all are normally easily available on the economy also,” the Captain assured him.

“Let’s divide this into several lists then,” the Major suggested. “Items available on the economy on one list. Items available through the Army supply channels on another, and finally a list of items that are normally available to Aviation units. I think that they could get things like those fuel bladders and pumping units easier than we can. Also things like the large fire extinguishers.”

“Gasoline for the generators and vehicles can still be delivered in 55 gallon drums,” he continued.

“We’ll also need it for the cook stoves and gas lanterns,” Tweed reminded us.

“Cook stoves?” Captain Tamusarit asked.

“Yes, we were going to order regular Army field stoves,” I told him. “Like the ones that we had in Cambodia,” I finished.

“Yes, I remember them now,” Captain Tamusarit said. “But my people aren’t familiar with them, and more importantly neither are the Rangers.”

“We can get some of the cooks from the Aviation units to teach your people, and ours how to run them,” the Major assured him.

“You realize, sir, that ordering all of this equipment will create a shit storm from our higher headquarters,” Captain Fleming warned.

“Yes, I’m aware of that, but we have little choice in the matter. We have some 240 people to house and feed, and there are no facilities where we are going. We’ll start by ordering things to set up the camps. They can’t complain too much about that, as we would need to set up camp wherever we worked,” the Major told him.

“We’ll also need to coordinate with the Aviation units on the forward staging of aircraft and the refueling points, sir,” Tweed reminded the Major.

“Also, sir, we will need to visit Nawng-awn before we can begin to set up camp there. We will need to arrange to use an area near the river, and see what they can supply for our operations there,” Captain Tamusarit reminded us.

“Yes, I’ll go out and talk to the Aviation types tomorrow. Why don’t you and Captain Fleming check on the availability of these large Klong jars and water pumps in town while I’m doing that,” the Major suggested.

“Yes, we can do that, sir,” Captain Tamusarit answered.

“The Rangers will be arriving on Tuesday if things go as planned, and I want to give the briefing that I have promised everyone on Tuesday afternoon. So it looks like it will be Wednesday before we will be able to fly out to Nawng-awn. I’ll arrange that with the Aviation people tomorrow, also,” the Major told us.

Since it was nearly 2200 and time for our report by now, the meeting broke up. I already had the key to the commo room, and got the radio warmed up while the others set up the time for the next meeting.

The contact with Desk Jockey that evening went somewhat like the previous one. Jockey 3 wasn’t there, and the Major had me give the list to the 3 alpha, who was the Operations Sergeant. The Major made it a point to tell him that we were not ready to receive all of those supplies until we had arranged for, and prepared the locations of the camps which would be several days to a week from now, but that we wanted all the items on order, and available when we needed them.

Tweed and I showered at the hotel and managed to make it back to the house by just after 2300. Our wives were already in bed when we arrived home, and we slipped in to join them.

Formation on Monday morning was at 0730, and Tweed and I managed to make it on time. Details were given out at the formation, and everyone was busy checking their equipment for a time. Broyles and I unloaded the three PRC-77s that belonged to the Team, and the four that we had captured in Laos. We checked them all out and installed batteries. We also checked out the two PRC-74s that our observers would be using.

Broyles and SFC Lee took the two 5/4 ton trucks out with the PRC-77s to do functional checks of the radios from different areas around Chiang Rai. Two men from Captain Tamusarit’s Team went with them as drivers. They would stop at various distances from the Team House and try calling me on each of the radios that they had with them to check that they were working satisfactorily. I used the VRC-47 at the Team House to answer their calls. They even called each other to try out longer distances with the radios.

Tweed had driven the Major to the Air Base this morning for the meeting with the Aviation units. Things were starting to move, finally. After chow, there was weapons cleaning and magazine loading, as everyone was finished checking their equipment. A detail from both teams left for the Air Base after that to fill all of our gas cans, while the Major held an operations meeting for all of the Officers and Senior NCOs. Tweed and I were both there along with MSG Sorenson from our Team. Captain Tamusarit brought two of his Senior NCOs with him, and Captain Fleming had SFC Stills with him. Lieutenant Wesley was also there.

“The two Ranger Companies are due in tomorrow morning,” the Major said to start the meeting. “Are we sure that they have a place to stay at the Army camp?”

“Yes sir, Captain Fleming and I went to Camp Mengrai this morning and spoke with the Commander there. We inspected the area that they will be staying in. Some of his people were cleaning up the area, as it hadn’t been used in some time,” Captain Tamusarit informed us.

“Excellent!” the Major said. “The next item of business is the briefing for the Teams, and the Senior people from the Ranger Companies. I will be holding it here tomorrow afternoon at 1500. I expect it to last at least three hours.

“The next item is the flight to the town of Nawng-awn. It has been scheduled for Wednesday morning, the 22nd. There will be some people from the Aviation units going with us to check the area for suitable landing sites, and the fuel storage point. I’ll be taking Captains Tamusarit, Fleming, and Pengdith with me. Each of you may bring an NCO with you. I’ll be bringing Sergeant Baker,” the Major informed us.

“Sir, I would like to bring along two men as interpreters. They are men who grew-up in an area near there,” Captain Tamusarit told us.

“Yes, an excellent idea. Thank you, Captain,” the Major said before turning to Captain Fleming.

“Jack, I’ve decided that you will be advising Captain Pengdith and the 3rd Ranger Company since they will be separated from us. I’ll keep SFC Stills with me to advise Captain Paribetra and the 2nd Ranger Company,” the Major told him.

“Okay, sir,” Captain Fleming acknowledged.

“Do we have any other outstanding issues?” the Major asked.

“Yes, sir. I believe that we should have the Ranger Companies take over guard duty on the equipment. More of it will be arriving shortly, and they have the manpower to guard it as well as their own area,” Captain Tamusarit suggested.

“Yes, I was considering that, but hadn’t suggested it yet. I’ll inform the two Company Commanders tomorrow after they arrive,” the Major agreed. The meeting continued with reports on the inspections that day. Some of Captain Tamusarit’s people had check on the availability of large Klong jars, and they had found a merchant who could supply new 800 liter concrete Klong jars on a few days notice. They would be brought in by train from Chiang Mai, and he would move them to the Airbase for us. Water pumps and pipe were available from a number of merchants here also.

Tweed and I had guard duty from 2000 to 2200 hrs again tonight. After finishing guard that evening, we made the report to the B-Detachment. It was received there very testily. Desk Jockey 3 was more than a little perturbed about the long list of supplies that we had ordered last night. The Major had a ready answer for him.

“Jockey 3, this is Hand 6. We have over 200 personnel to provide quarters and rations for. This was understood before the beginning of the mission. We can’t just let them sit out in the bush for six months! Over.”

“Hand 6, Jockey 3. There were supposed to be camps, or other accommodations where you were going. What happened? Over.”

“Jockey 3, Hand 6. There are no camps or accommodations where we will be setting up. It is imperative the supplies that we requested be available shortly, so we can actively begin our mission. We will be on the site at the first camp location tomorrow to do a rough layout and arrange for some local support. Over.”

“Hand 6, Jockey 3. Roger. Understood. We will pursue all avenues available to obtain the requested supplies as quickly as possible. Jockey 3, out.” Desk Jockey 3 didn’t sound overly optimistic as he signed off. Tweed and I again got home just after 2300 hrs following a hot shower at the hotel.

Tuesday morning’s formation was quickly taken care of and assignments were made. Most of us would be going to the Airbase to welcome the two Ranger Companies. We had only a short wait after we arrived there before the C-130s with the Rangers began arriving. Offloading began as soon as the planes were parked. The first plane held Captain Paribetra and part of his company. They unloaded in a very orderly fashion, having done this numerous times before. Their vehicles and other equipment quickly followed them. Some trucks from the Thai Army camp arrived, but they would only be able to transport a part of one company at a time.

The Major and Captain Tamusarit explained the situation to the two Company Commanders. Captain Paribetra led the convoy with part of his company out to the Army camp in his jeep while the others remained until the trucks returned. The planes soon took off again after everyone, and everything, had been unloaded. All of the Rangers and their equipment had been moved to their temporary quarters at the Army camp by noon, and we had all returned to the Team House before that. After a quick lunch, several of us rearranged the conference room, while others scrounged every available chair so there would be enough seats for everyone at the Major’s briefing that afternoon.

Everyone had arrived, and they were assembled in the conference room before 1500. At 1500, MSG Sorenson called attention, and the Major entered, walked to the podium, and gave ‘at ease - take your seats’. He stood there then and looked at each of those in front of him in turn, as if assessing each of us before he took in a deep breath.

“You may, no some of you will, I’m afraid, find it difficult to believe, or accept some of the things that you are going to hear in this briefing. I want to assure all of you now that every word that I speak, and every situation that I will cover are the absolute truth,” he paused there for a few seconds to let that sink in, and to again assess those before him.

“How many of you were involved in operations during the North Vietnamese invasion in March of 1967 or 2510 by the Thai calendar?” he asked next. A number of hands went up: Tweed’s and mine were up, as were those of Captains Paribetra and Pengdith’s along with their NCOs. Captain Tamusarit and a number of his NCOs also had their hands up.

“That’s good,” the Major said before continuing.

“How many of you know anything about the Amulets of Power?” the Major asked next. A number of hands went down. Mine and Tweed’s were still up as were the hands of Captains Tamusarit and Paribetra. Two of the Thai NCOs still had their hands up also.

“That’s good! You may put your hands down now,” the Major told us.

“The people who had their hands up will be able to back up much of what I am about to tell you, as they were personally involved in some of the situations that I will describe,” the Major told everyone before he launched into an explanation of what had happened at the camp in Upper Cambodia and at Attapu. He explained about the explosions, the dead Battalion, and the multiple disasters at Attapu. He even passed around pictures of the destruction there. It was obvious that he had been briefed about it by Captain Tamusarit and Colonel Hawkins, as he had some details that I wasn’t aware of. (See Amulets II for the details of these events)

He then went into a detailed explanation of events before, during, and after the North Vietnamese invasion in March of 1967. He covered the supply depot, the invasion, and our role in stopping it. Last was a description of the final results of the invasion. Again I could sense that Colonel Hawkins and probably Captain Paribetra had given him information on some of the events during that time, although we were all involved in part of them. Again he had pictures to pass around showing the destruction. Some of them had been taken well after the engagements. (See Amulets III for details of these happenings)

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.