The Amulets of Power IV: the Burma Conflict - Cover

The Amulets of Power IV: the Burma Conflict

Copyright© 2011 by Uncle Jim

Chapter 2

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Bill and Suenee spend some time at 46th Group Headquarters, but there is trouble brewing in the Shan States, and Bill is soon on a Team headed there to solve the problem with a little help.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Military  

Colonel Page left for Bangkok late on Sunday morning along with a Thai driver for his rented Toyota Corolla. It was only he and his wife who were traveling to Bangkok, as his two children were attending college in the states. They stayed at the Capitol Hotel in Bangkok, and Mrs. Page went shopping on Monday, while the Colonel took the car to JUSMAG for his meeting that morning. This was just the excuse that he had used to draw TDY pay for the trip. The meeting itself wasn’t of any great importance; but what he learned after the meeting was a bit of a revelation to the old Colonel.

Following the meeting, COL Page spent some time talking with LTC Hopkins, who was still the JUSMAG J-2. After the discussion of pertinent official matters, they turned to more mundane items.

“Will you be in Bangkok long, Colonel?” LTC Hopkins asked in a friendly manner.

“I’ll be here through the 7th. I have an awards ceremony to attend.”

“An awards ceremony - here?” LTC Hopkins asked - stunned, as he knew of none.

“No, not here. One of my people is getting an award from the Thai government,” COL Page told him. “With all of the gung-ho troops that I have under my command, would you believe that a mere radio operator is the one getting the award?”

“A radio operator?” LTC Hopkins asked, more alert now.

“Yes, a fellow named Baker. He has some kind of Top Secret radio. He was with an Advisory Team in Luang Phrabang earlier this year when the North Vietnamese acted up. For some reason, the Thai government thinks he is some kind of hero. Well, he was awarded the silver star for saving a number of people, but I don’t believe that is what the Thais are giving him a medal for.”

“Would that be Sergeant William Baker?” LTC Hopkins asked, not believing the coincidence.

“Yes, I believe that’s his name - why? Do you know him?” the Colonel asked in surprise.

“He is a very interesting young man. He was here in Bangkok for a short time. It seems that wherever he goes things happen. He was in the Tri-border area in Upper Cambodia when the North Vietnamese had all of that trouble in Lower Laos, and now you tell me that he was in Luang Phrabang when the North Vietnamese had all of that trouble in the Thai portion of Laos and all along their border.

“That is very interesting. I remember in the accounts that I read of those actions, there were no explanations for the North Vietnamese sudden cessation of hostilities after very sudden and heavy losses. And Baker was involved again, was he?” LTC Hopkins asked.

“Ah ... yes, he was. Do you think that’s significant?

“I would say it was most unusual. You do know who he is married to, don’t you?”

“Some Thai woman. A rather good looking Thai woman,” COL Page said, smiling.

“Yes, that doesn’t hurt, does it?” LTC Hopkins said with a smile, also. “Let me tell you about her father. He is the rather modest man who turned down the position of Prime Minister after forcing the former Prime Minister to resign on corruption charges. Then there was the former Company Commander of Baker’s who is now Persona non grata. He is the one who sent Baker to Udorn because he objected to Baker’s wife being Thai.”

They were in LTC Hopkins office with the door closed for about forty-five minutes before COL Page came out with a rather stunned look on his face. Later in the Operations section, the Colonel called his XO, LTC Hawkins.

“Phil, do me a favor. Dig out those reports on the incidents in Lower Laos last year and the attacks in Luang Phrabang this year - particularly the ones involving Sergeant Baker. I would like to review them when I return.”

“Yes, sir. I’ll dig those out for you. I also have some first hand information that isn’t in the reports, that you might find of interest,” LTC Hawkins told him.

“Yes, all right. This situation seems to get more complicated the deeper I get involved in it,” COL Page said, wearily.

“Sir, believe me, whatever you have learned so far is nothing compared to what I have to tell you,” LTC Hawkins told him.

“SO, Baker isn’t the simple radio operator that he appears to be then, is that it?” the Colonel asked.

“No, sir, but I believe that what you just said is an excellent description of him,” LTC Hawkins said before they broke the connection.


Colonel Thuathao arrived at our house in Lop Buri just after 0900 on Monday. He had his wife with him. Suenee greeted her warmly. She was also a member of Wat Tai Yocum, the Amulets’ Wat.

“Why don’t you sit up front with me, Sergeant?” the Colonel asked after I had placed our bags in the trunk. “Our wives can sit in the back and discuss the baby.” The women chatted about babies all the way to Bangkok. I just watched the scenery while the Colonel drove.

As we neared Bangkok, I started to recognize some of the passing scenery. We were coming down Pahon Yothin Road and soon passed Pradipat Road, where the 83rd RRSOU was, and our first house after we were married. We then passed the Victory Monument and were on Phaya Thai Road. We took it to Rama IV Road, and went across Rama IV to New Road before crossing the Phra Bridge to the Bangkok Noi district of Thon Buri, and we were soon at my father-in-law’s house there.

My in-laws were all there waiting outside for us when we arrived at around 11:00. My father-in-law greeted his old friend with a Sawat Dee, a wai and a hand shake. We all waied and Sawat Deed everyone. My mother-in-law of course knew the Colonel’s wife very well. Suenee went to hug her father after that, I shook hands with my brother-in-law, and then my father-in-law when Suenee released him.

All of the women were delighted with Lesia, who was now almost six months old. We all finally adjourned to the house where my father-in-law, Lao, offered all of the men a drink, while the women took Lesia upstairs for a nap and some gossip. Things were very domestic for a while after that.

Later, the bags were brought in, and we all washed up before returning to the dining room for lunch. The rest of the day was very quiet. My father-in-law and COL Thuathao spent most of the time in discussions in his study. The women discussed clothes and babies, but not in that order. I just relaxed and read a little. After dinner there was some television before everyone went up to bed for the night.

Tuesday, the 5th of December, was the King’s birthday - a national holiday. There were parades and celebrations all over Bangkok and the rest of the country. We went out early that evening to a large restaurant to join others there in celebration. The Thai Army television station had even come on early in the day to show film clips of the King at various events, and later they covered one of the parades where the Army was prominently featured.

It wasn’t until Wednesday the 6th that I managed to speak to COL Thuathao alone.

“Sir, I was wondering who my sponsor is going to be?”

“It’s your father-in-law, my friend, Lao of course,” he told me, as if it were a foregone conclusion. “Surely, I mentioned that to you previously.”

“No, sir. I don’t remember your mentioning it before.”

“But I was... !” he trailed off. “Perhaps I didn’t!” he said after thinking for a minute.

“I’m sorry. In my enthusiasm, I may have forgotten to mention it,” he said next, very apologetically. “Your father-in-law is very well known to the King, and it was a natural decision on the part of the Army High Command. Is there a problem with this?”

“No, sir. I don’t have a problem with it. It’s just that my Commander, COL Page, had assumed that he would be my sponsor.”

“No, that isn’t possible. The sponsor must be Thai, and I will be busy with our people from Thai Special Forces. Your father-in-law was the natural choice. He is well known and still very popular. You should be very honored. Also it won’t hurt him, having a hero for a son-in-law,” the Colonel concluded with a grin.

“Yes, sir. I am honored. It’s just that I was unaware of it until now. I have a meeting with COL Page and CSM Sawyer early tomorrow morning at JUSMAG and will inform them of the decision,” I told him.

“Yes, that’s fine. Also here are two passes for them, so they can get into the spectators’ gallery in the Hall. I have already given passes to your father-in-law for the rest of the family to be there,” COL Thuathao informed me.

That day I went over my uniform and touched up my boots so the spit-shine was perfect. The others in the family went over their clothes also. This was a very important function to them, and they all wanted to look their best.

Thursday the 7th, everyone was up early to get ready for the awards ceremony, which was at noon. After a quick breakfast, I donned one of my regular uniforms and carried the uniform I would be wearing at the ceremony on a hanger and carried the boots in my other hand. I was greatly surprised when my father-in-law appeared in the uniform of a Thai Army Colonel. He certainly looked very distinguished.

“I had no idea that your father was in the Army,” I told Suenee.

“Yes, he was in the regular Army for a short time as a young man, and in the Home Guard after that. He wasn’t really a soldier for that long. He was promoted, as he rose in prominence in the government. He seldom wears his uniform except on ceremonial occasions,” Suenee told me, but she was obviously proud of her father.

My father-in-law and I left early for the JUSMAG compound in his car, as traffic in Bangkok is always bad. We arrived there in plenty of time for my 09:00 meeting with COL Page and CSM Sawyer. On arriving at the JUSMAG compound, we were stopped at the gate. The Thai MPs instantly came to attention when my father-in-law lowered his window and presented his papers, and the American MP there checked my ID also before we were allowed to enter the compound.

Sawyer and the Colonel were easy to locate, as Sawyer always draws a crowd. They were in the CG’s (Commanding General) outer office / waiting room. Sawyer was talking with several other Sergeant Majors and COL Page was talking with LTC Hopkins, when we entered.

“Ah ... Baker there you are,” the Colonel said on seeing me.

“Good morning, sir. May I present my father -in-law, Colonel Thepnimit. I learned yesterday that he will be my sponsor.

“Yes, Colonel Hopkins was just informing me that all of the sponsors had to be Thai. It’s a pleasure to meet you, sir. I’m sure you are as proud of your son-in-law as we all are,” COL Page said.

“It is an honor to meet you, sir,” my father-in-law said in perfect English. “My son-in-law, Bill, has told me about you and the work that the 46th Group does in our talks. We are glad to have you here to aid us in our fight against the communists.”

“Thank you, sir. We are happy to be of assistance,” COL Page assured him. I had spoken very little of the 46th Group to my father-in-law. Our discussions had been more about the Teams I had been on, but being the consummate politician that he obviously was, he had handled things well.

“Sergeant Baker, it’s nice to see you again,” LTC Hopkins said following that, “and to meet your father-in-law.”

“Father, may I present Lieutenant Colonel Hopkins. He is the JUSMAG J-2,” I told to my father-in-law.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.