A Sentimental Heart - Cover

A Sentimental Heart

Copyright© 2011 by angie65

Chapter 3

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3 - A cool head against a warm heart; which will win out in the end?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Romantic   Heterosexual  

As the week progressed, Miranda settled in nicely. She volunteered to make a morning and afternoon drink for herself and Mrs Rogers, earning herself a few brownie points with that lady.

And as word got out that Mrs. Rogers had a new, young and attractive assistant, the folders began to be hand delivered.

Their room became positively busy with people coming and going – to 'just check that there was no problem with their notes' or they 'just wanted to have a quick word and emphasise the importance of this or that result'.

"We seem to be gathering more and more work on our loads." Mrs. Rogers griped. "I'm pretty sure that at least some of this could go down to the main typing pool."

Miranda didn't know the protocols of this company so she just shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

"It is rather hectic..." she agreed, "but I think we can manage it between us."

The week came to an end and Miranda sent a last file to the printer with a little sigh of relief. "Well at least that's the last of it!"

Mrs. Rogers had already shut down her computer and had slipped her coat on.

"Yes, it's been a bit of a trial today, but we did finish it all." she smiled a little smugly. "I'm off now Miranda ... you have a nice weekend, you've worked very hard this week so I think that you deserve a treat."

"Thank you Mrs. Rogers, I'm looking forward to my treat on Sunday – the concert in the park." She smiled at the older woman. "Have you anything planned for the weekend?"

"Oh I just thought that I'd sort my garden out – start to get it ready for autumn."

"That's sounds like a good idea; I suppose I could do something like that tomorrow..." Miranda murmured thoughtfully, as she leaned forward all ready to start a discussion on the subject.

"Well you never can start too soon with these things Miranda ... but I REALLY shall have to be going now."

Mrs. Rogers gave her a little wave and had gone before Miranda could say anything else to delay her.

She was a pleasant enough young woman; Mrs. Rogers thought to herself as she walked down the corridor, but she could certainly chatter on at times.

Miranda collected the last of the printouts and placed them neatly in the folder, she was sat at her desk gathering them all together, when Marcus strolled in.

"Mrs Rogers has already left?" he asked lightly as if surprised, as though he'd not just seen her hurrying down the corridor.

Miranda smiled up at him. "Yes, she'd finished the last of her work so it didn't seem to warrant her staying any longer ... and it is after five o'clock," she added almost defensively.

"Yes it is; so why are you still here?"

She stood up with the folders clutched protectively against her chest. "I hadn't finished yet ... and Peter always pops in when he's finished, so we can travel home together."

Marcus smiled a little smile. "He's currently being interrogated by Amanda – about that Sunday night thing you were talking about."

"Oh? Oh I do hope that she manages to get to it ... it really is such a wonderful event!" Miranda exclaimed, as her eyes sparkled with enthusiasm.

Marcus stepped towards her – almost involuntarily she thought hazily, as he seemed as surprised as her that they were suddenly almost nose to nose.

"You almost make me think that I should come too!" he whispered huskily.

Miranda felt his warm breath on her lips and a shiver of excitement shot down her spine. She closed her eyes on a little gasp and when she opened them her eyes were the deepest darkest blue that Marcus had ever seen.

"You should come ... everyone should try and get to it – at least once ... I promise you – you'll love it!"

He reached out a hand slowly and Miranda sucked in a breath of anticipation, was he going to touch her? Kiss her? Oh please...

The sound of Amanda's animated voice told them that they were about to be joined by the other two.

Marcus took the folders from Miranda's arms.

"What is this lot?" he asked calmly as he stepped back from her just as Peter strolled in with Amanda.

"They are today's tests and results, to be passed on to Peter." Miranda could not believe how calm her own voice sounded, when her heart was racing and her hands were positively shaking. "They need to be placed in the tray by the door, and Peter will collect them first thing on Monday."

Marcus was frowning slightly. "This seems an awful lot of work, have you done ALL of this on your own?"

"It looks more than it is," Miranda hurried to reassure him, "and Mrs Roger's lot was twice as big." She pointed across to the tray, to show that it was already full to the brim.

She didn't add that it was slow going with Mrs Rogers, that that woman was slow to let go of things, to hand over to Miranda ... to trust Miranda.

Marcus glanced at his watch. "We had better get a move on Amanda ... if we want to reach London before this evening."

"I'm definitely going to try and get to the concert on Sunday Miranda ... I can't believe that I've been missing out all these years!" Amanda declared enthusiastically.

"We'll maybe see you there then." Miranda smiled happily. "But in the mean time, I hope that you have a good weekend with the family ... and all that," she added a little enviously.

Marcus glanced at her thoughtfully but he was obviously impatient to get going.

"Right I'll see you both on Monday ... have a good time at your concert – you both deserve a bit of fun."

He ushered Amanda from the room, pausing only long enough to dump Miranda's files in the out tray, as he passed, and Peter looked a little longingly at Amanda's departing back.

Miranda busied herself with tidying her desk up and shutting down her computer.

"Shall we go then?" she asked quietly as the room seemed to fall deathly silent and to suddenly feel very forlorn without Amanda's vibrancy and Marcus's sheer presence.


It was a pleasant evening, but Miranda knew that once out on the grassy slope, with the sun going down, it would quickly feel quite cool.

She dressed in her fitted denim jeans, along with a pretty little blouse, and carried her padded jacket over her arm for the moment.

She was busy making up their little back packs, when Peter came into the kitchen.

"All set?" he asked with a cheerful smile.

"Yep ... I've just finished." She held out his bag and Peter took it with a little laugh.

"I can't believe we still use these same bags!"

Miranda grinned at him. "Well they do only get used once a year; and they are absolutely perfect for our needs."

She slipped her bag onto her shoulders, even as Peter did the same with his.

"Shall we go then?" he asked lightly.

"Absolutely!" Miranda smiled, as the two of them left there little home and began the walk down to the park in question.

It was a pleasant walk, the sun was low at their backs, and the walk was all downhill.

It took them about half an hour, to get to the main entrance, where cars were slowly pulling into the car park, there were a lot of people on foot too, with bags and blankets and children.

The entrance was a narrow path running parallel with the car park; but which sloped up onto a wide bridge, which led them across the river and onto the grassy bank which led them to the open park.

It was packed with people, and it soon became apparent that some had come much earlier in the day, and had made a day of it.

"Miranda!"

A light female voice could be heard over the general chatter of the crowd, and both Miranda and Peter turned back to look.

"Amanda!" Peter called out, since he could see better over the mass of people.

Miranda couldn't see anything so she simply waited patiently trying not to be jostled by the crowd.

"Hello again."

The rich masculine voice sounding so close and so intimate sent a little shiver down Miranda spine.

"Good evening ... Mr Phillips." She tried so hard to sound calm and casual, but she simply could not keep the huskiness from her voice or the surprised pleasure from her face, as she looked up at her boss.

Marcus Phillips frowned down at her slightly. "I seem to recall asking you to call me Marcus at some time or another..."

Miranda smiled up at him a little awkwardly. "Yes you did, but that was before I became your employee, and so I think that the situation has changed somewhat."

"We're not at work now..."

"Marcus!" Amanda called across to them. "Peter was just telling me that they usually have some things going off on the far side of the park..." she grinned charmingly at Miranda. "You don't mind if I steal your brother away for a little while; do you Miranda?"

Miranda laughed lightly. "No not at all ... Peter will show you everything there is to see; I'm sure of it; go on and have a good time – I'll be fine!" she reassured them lightly.

"You can keep Marcus company for me ... he really didn't want to come, but I dragged him along anyway." Amanda gave her a little wave as she slipped her arm through Peter's so that he could lead her away.

They watched as Peter and Amanda wandered off together, and Miranda sought desperately for something to talk about; unfortunately her mind went blank.

"So tell me Miranda," Marcus said softly. "Do you still like to sit and cry over the old movies?"

She blushed as she remembered their first meeting. "Yes I do;" she nodded, "what a strange and unfortunate thing for you to remember."

He allowed his gaze to drift away from hers as he stared thoughtfully into the crowd. "Yes it is, isn't it?" he murmured softly. His eyes fixed on hers suddenly and she stepped back.

"Can I buy you a cup of coffee?" he offered as he held his hand out to her.

"Thank you ... that would be nice." She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do with his hand so she waited for some sort of indication.

He didn't indicate; he just took her hand in his and held on firmly. "So we don't lose each other in the crowds," he explained.

Miranda doubted very much if HE could ever be lost in a crowd, but she wasn't going to argue about it. His hand felt large and warm and comforting as he wrapped it around hers, but she was certain he could feel the little static charges they were igniting between them.

It was almost a relief when he had to let go so as to get the two cups of coffee off the vendor. He handed one to her and sipped at his own. The crowd was starting to jostle a little so Miranda leaned into him slightly. "Shall we go and sit down somewhere?" she asked at his look of surprise.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.