But Honey, It Was Only a Dance, Linda's Story - Cover

But Honey, It Was Only a Dance, Linda's Story

by nakdsub

Copyright© 2011 by nakdsub

Fiction Story: For those of you who wanted answers to the questions posed in the original, "But honey, it was only a dance." If you haven't read the original, I suggest you do before reading this. As always, your comments are welcome.

Tags: Heterosexual   Cheating  

Sequel to; "But honey, it was only a dance."

Linda tells her story to a friend.

Note: There is no sex in this story

To all the readers who asked that the questions be answered, thank you.

But honey, it was only a dance

The sequel

Another Chicago winter was history. Today was the first real day of spring. As Linda walked outside she could smell the fresh, clean morning air. She remember the sound of spring rain on the roof as she and her husband made love the night before and how it added to the warm, secure feeling she felt in her husband's arms.

On the way to her car she notice the beautiful, blue wild flowers growing in the lawn. She smiled. No matter how bad the winter, they persisted in their quest for a new beginning, a new start at life every spring.

Linda sang along with the car's radio as she drove to the little coffee shop to meet, Cathy, a good friend, and one she hadn't seen in awhile. Cathy had a son the same age as Jennifer, Linda's daughter. They met years ago at a school function, hit it off and had been good friends ever since.

Cathy already had a table for two and was sipping her coffee when Linda walked in. Linda sat down with a big smile and expressed how good it was to see her, saying it's been too long.

The girls chatted, catching up on old times, and laughing at funny things that happened at some of the school functions they attended. They asked each other about their children and both expressed how fast they grow up. They were about an hour into their conversation when Cathy leaned over the table and lowered her voice.

"Linda," said Cathy almost whispering, "can you keep a secret?"

"Well sure Cathy, what's up?"

"I shouldn't even be telling you this but I've to tell somebody or I'm going to burst. I've been ... well, kind of seeing this guy."

Linda's head quickly rose to look her friend in the eye.

"Oh we haven't really done anything yet, but I'm really thinking about it. I just don't know what to do. I really like this guy and I'm afraid I'll lose him if I don't sleep with him."

"Well let me ask you this," said Linda, "are you willing to lose your husband, if you do sleep with him?"

"Oh no, of course not. I'm not talking about marrying the guy, just ... you know, having a little fling."

"Cathy, you remember a couple years ago when Harry and I were having troubles. He actually left me for a little while ... remember?"

"yeah I do, but I never really knew what it was all about. You never spoke about it and I didn't want to pry."

"I never told anyone. I guess I was embarrassed, plus I just don't think it's anyone's business, but I want to tell you the whole story. I think you need to hear it," said Linda.

Both women ordered more coffee and Linda started her story. "I'm probably no different than most of the other married women out there, after twelve years of marriage I was feeling ... I don't know ... bored I'd guess you say. Everything was getting to be routine. It was strange, it was like after all those years I looked around and kind of said, what am I doing, where am I going, no where, I'm stuck here."

She continued, "Don't get me wrong, I loved Harry, I loved Jennifer, I loved my life, but, all of a sudden, it just seemed like there was something missing. I think I was starting to slip into a slight depression. Nothing seemed like fun anymore, not even sex. It wasn't anyone's fault. Hell Harry was bending over backwards for me, especially in the bedroom. I should have been the happiest person in the world, but nothing seemed to help."

Linda took a sip of her coffee then kept going. "Then one day I was at that little grocery store on Marshal avenue and saw this guy. He was tall and extremely good looking. I guess I was staring because he looked up and caught me. I blushed when he looked at me and smiled. He was so cute and I felt naughty flirting with him. It was kind of exciting. I went down the produce aisle and was trying to decide what to buy when he came over and stood next to me. He looked at me with his big, blue eyes and that gorgeous smile and said hi. I think I probably blushed again. He reached out to shake my hand and introduced himself as Terry. Right off the bat he noticed my wedding rings but he didn't let that deter him from trying to make time with me. It was down right flattering. We talked as we went around buying what we needed, then he gave me his number and said I should call him and we'd have lunch the following week."

Cathy was listening. It was amazing how much of Linda's story was what she was experiencing right now.

"Anyway," Linda went on, "I knew I shouldn't, but I called him and had lunch. We both talked about being lonely. I'll tell you Cathy, I wanted to go to bed with this guy so bad, but my conscience just wouldn't let me. That didn't stop Terry though, he was working on me. He started talking about Harry not knowing what he had and not appreciating me. Stupid me I was starting to believe him. I was starting to resent my own husband, convinced he was taking me for granted.

"God, Linda, this sounds like what I'm going through right now," Cathy said.

"That's why I'm telling you all this, Cathy, I want you to know what you're getting into. Anyway, we had lunch a couple more times and I was getting real close to having sex with him, and I mean Real close. The next time we had lunch together I told him Harry was talking me out for our anniversary. I figured Harry would take me to that dance club we used to go to, he had been talking about the fun we used to have dancing. When I told Terry he said he would be there to dance with me. I told him he'd better not, but he was being arrogant and said he would show Harry that I was desirable by other men and that would wake him up."

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.