Steve and Chuck - Changes and Life Adjustments - Cover

Steve and Chuck - Changes and Life Adjustments

Copyright© 2011 by Dual Writer

Chapter 4

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 4 - A continuation of the Steve and Chuck's saga within Florida Friends. New arrivals cause a stir while Chuck is confronted with new challenges.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic  

Steve

On Monday and Tuesday, Sue and I went through our local plants, visiting with the managers and workers, assuring them of what a great job they were doing. A highlight of the visits was my time spent in the recently expanded R&D building. The new guy, Sandy Flowers, had become an integral part of the team there. After setting up software to track testing and modifications, Sandy had begun helping Gerry on one of her quests to create a special polymer composite that would resist barnacles and retain color.

Gerry's intent was to create an unusually strong fiberglass/composite that, when combined with a composite box beam rust resistant frame, would become a super strong, but lightweight, hull for boats. She said she had been inspired by going out on the sailboats a few times and having gone out fishing with the guys. She said that she had found out that almost every other year the boats were out of commission for weeks at a time as they had to have their hulls scraped and sandblasted to remove barnacles. In all cases, constant scraping and sandblasting could even weaken a steel hull.

While being shown the test panels soaking in water from the gulf along with a piece of unpainted sheet steel loaded with barnacles, Gerry explained, "I've found the right raw product for the hulls, and I think I've found the mix for color that doesn't fade. If so, painting can be eliminated. I already have paint that Hans helped me create that resists barnacles. The big sailboat now has its bottom painted with it. The hundred and ten foot Magellan is now being painted during its bottom cleaning. However, the paint doesn't last forever, only five to ten years, but it does eliminate the expense of bottom cleaning every year or every other year. The prepping and painting of a big boat is almost the same price as cleaning. With this new composite, the color should last as long as the boat."

Sandy Flowers showed me an idea he had come up with while working with Abe. Sandy had created a very efficient fuel injection system that even rivaled BMW's new system. Sandy explained, "Everyone has forced air fuel induction now, or what they call turbocharged, so in the simplistic version, I've created a little more boost to assist in creating a vacuum that pulls the fuel air mixture into the combustion chambers in regulated quantities. If you look in the test room, one of Abe's engines is being tested with it now. This should be an extremely inexpensive modification to the assembly process and should enhance economy fifteen to twenty percent."

Gerry got my attention again and told me, "I think we've created the best composite for Wes's aircraft. We've put the process through all of the testing and have even crashed two aircraft to see how it stands up. So far, so good. The clear windscreen material is now moldable so that we can now manufacture windscreens for all aircraft models. The hard part was bonding the edges to the aircraft structure so that it didn't rip the surrounding aircraft skin apart and smash in on the aircrew. I think Phil is working to license it to Boeing. There's a controversy about the best windshield material. If you use acrylic on big windshields, it tends to shatter in relatively small pieces when struck by a large bird, while if you use polycarbonate, like Lexan, it holds together but rips out of the fuselage anchorage (the aircraft structure tears away and comes in with the polycarbonate windscreen) around the window and comes in on the pilot all in one piece. On military aircraft (except transport and scout helicopters) armored glass is often used to protect the crew, but that won't wash on civil transport aircraft.

Dennis had been standing back, watching and listening to his people talk about what they had been working on. When I began leaving the building, Dennis followed me outside and asked, "What do you think, Steve? We don't have a lot of people right now, but I think we are being very innovative. If we can get another engineer or two, I think we can make some progress on solar panels and batteries."

I told Dennis, "Keep this up, Dennis. Gerry's composite for boats is very interesting. The Magellan group is going through some hard times and I have been working on becoming a silent partner with them. If Chuck and Dewey will come in with me, I think we could put the manufacturer back in good shape. They build such great quality that I'm sure Chuck, Dewey, and I can give them enough ideas to remain a viable manufacturer."

Dennis asked, "Should I send Gerry down to Miami to talk with them?"

"Not yet, Dennis, I want to see how the lawyers can structure a deal to help them and for us to retain some voice in the manufacturing process. When that is done, I want Gerry and Wes to supervise the construction of a good sized hull for the first barnacle free composite boat. Once we get that on the market, orders from customers should roll in."

That had been the last of the local facilities that I needed to visit. When Sue caught up with me on the patio a little after five, she said, "That was tough couple of days. I've walked the floors and said hi to everyone I could in every local facility. There are the two knitting plants in Carolina, and the additional sewing plant in Atlanta to visit, and that would be all of them. How about you, are you ready to see some of the far off places? How about we take a trip to Nevada? The Las Vegas and Reno shops would love to see you, Honey. You can stop in St. Louis and Chicago on the way. Do you have to go to franchises too?"

I told Sue, "I'll do franchises another time. How about we start in Las Vegas, followed by Reno? We'll go to St. Louis and Chicago on the second day, and end up in Montreal the third day. Let's leave Sunday evening and spend the night in Las Vegas before we start. If we travel after our second stop each evening, we'll be in better shape to visit with the branches in the morning."

Sue asked, "What plane are you going to take?"

"I'd really like an excuse to use Chuck's Citation, but I'll call out to ask what will be available. Whatever we use won't be available to charter until we get back on Thursday, at the earliest, but probably Friday."

Tiny was at the patio bar and wanted to talk about Chuck's island, or islands, now. Tiny said, "Boss, we think you are definitely getting far afield with your ventures. You went into business with Dewey over in Amsterdam, and you're now jumping into Costa Rica while the Hawaiian deal is still under construction. Bear told me the buildings are going up fast and the two golf courses are nearly finished, but starting another venture like that one so soon could be risky. I know you feel like you need to keep reinvesting, but you really need to do more around home instead of shipping the dollars out of the country."

I told Tiny and Henry, "You know the money I'm using for the island deal is coming from the offshore accounts. This is the remainder of the oil money and the current gold mine cash. Chuck mentioned that he wants to build a new bigger hospital in Limon, as the old facility is falling apart. That's going to suck up a lot of money if I'm involved in it, but Chuck may do that by himself. We're fine on money unless you haven't told me something. Ben tells me that I need to find more places to put my personal stash. The business and 401K money are all in sound investments."

"Steve," Tiny said, "You've never steered me or us wrong, but after the scary ending of the oil deal, I don't know whether I can mentally stand that kind of drama."

"What kind of drama? Ben handled it, made the trade, paid off the Mexican taxes, and sent the money to several different accounts."

Tiny said, "Yeah, but we were on the hook for all of the exploration, and that was about thirty million. If we hadn't made the trade, Henry and I would have been busted. I know you tell us to be cautious, but it seemed like too good a deal to pass on. It ended up good, but I don't think Henry or I will get into something like that again."

I smiled while telling Tiny, "Would it have been so bad to have kept the fields and wells, and enjoyed the cash from the oil? Tell me, what commodity is hottest right now. Gold is good, corn and wheat are high, but oil is really hot. Ben thought it was a sound investment and you know how cautious he is."

Henry was grinning, "Tiny can be a worry wart. I'm with you, Brother. You lead, I'll follow. When you were a kid, you always wanted to be the leader of the parade you organized around the house. I didn't get to play with you much, but always enjoyed our time together. Keep leading the parade, Steve, I'll be right behind you."

Abe had joined our conversation and said, "Trust me, Guys, if Steve gets into something, I want to be a part of it. He seems to always work something out to the betterment of everyone involved. Look at me, Steve's made my retirement," Abe was laughing at the word 'retirement.' "He's made my retirement absolutely wonderful. I've had more fun and been busier than I could have ever expected. When he brought Mark into the fold, it was like he cloned me, but with another set of ideas. Mark comes up with crazy stuff and I help him build it. Do you guys know of two happier old coots than Mark and me?"

Mercy came out and interrupted me, "You should try to talk to Chuck. I have a feeling everything is going to be alright for him next week. I'm not sure how I know, but I have a premonition of everything working out."

I needed to end the conversation, so I said, "Tiny, Henry, quit worrying about things that have been successful and think of ways to make what we are involved in now more successful. You two are the financial backbone of two good sized companies. Just keep track of the cash and I'll do my best to find profitable ventures."

I tried the satellite number and there was no answer. It gave the response of being out of service or turned off. I tried Chuck's personal cell phone and it went to voicemail. The cheap cell phone was ringing with no answer, too. I had to go into the bedroom to get the note for Lisa's cell phone that she had taken with her. The same, no answer.

I looked up at Mercy who was standing in the doorway with her eyes closed. She opened them and said, "Both of them are closed to the public right now. I'll talk to mom and see if she has any idea."

While telling Sue what Mercy had wanted and the result, Trixie came up to Sue and me, "Daddy, Chuck and Lisa are at that place we went to on the way home. Dixie, Tom, and I know this. We can feel them."

Missy and Mercy had walked up in time to hear this revelation. Mercy was looking at me with an arched eyebrow. She said, "Well, three minds are better than one." She turned to the three kids who were now assembled in front of me, "So how do you know this? Have you three been snooping on Chuck?"

Dixie said, "We like Chuck and Lisa. They have been a lot of fun and we miss them. Bonita misses them too, because they play music with her a lot. All of us like them, so we try to think about them all the time. They are there, we are sure."

Tom was standing back a little, with his hands behind his back. He was acting like he had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Mercy asked, "So what else have you three been hearing from them?"

A red-faced Tom looked down without saying anything, but Trixie spoke up, "Those two have been busy saying hi to each other. Every time we hear them, they are kissing and things, mushy stuff like you guys do."

Now it was my turn to turn red. Mercy elbowed me and Sue was listening to the kids with her mouth open. As the kids left, Sue said, "Now I'm going to be self-conscious every time we kiss or, ah, do anything."

Mercy said, "They've already experienced everything we do fairly often, so why would we hide it now? They don't think anything of it and know their parents love each other. That's a good thing."

I went to the bar for something a little stronger to drink. As I poured a scotch, Sue wanted a rum and Coke. Mercy came with us and also had a rum and Coke. Mercy told me, "Take your drink inside and call Mark. Just tell him to have the world traveler call you on his satellite phone or the cheap cell phone, if it works down there."

I went inside and was going to sit at the counter, but there was too much activity to hear well. I went into the bedroom and called Mark.

The phone was answered, "Hello, Caroline here."

"Hi, Caroline, this is Steve."

Before I could say anything else, Caroline said, "Oh hi, Steve, everyone is over on the middle island. They have found something they are all excited about. If it's important, I'll get someone to go get them."

"That's okay, Caroline, have Mark call me when he gets back. I need to ask him something."

"I'll do that, Steve; is Shirley or Betty nearby?"

I began walking out to the patio to see if the duo was there. They were sitting at a little table, playing cards with Alice and Julie. I asked Caroline, "Which one do you want, they are both here?"

"Just give it to whoever is closest and I'll talk to both. Does your phone have a speakerphone?"

Women are getting smarter these days. "Yes, I'll turn it on for them."

I approached the women, "Caroline is on the phone and wants to talk to you guys."

After putting the phone down, I had to go back to the bedroom to get my drink and finished it by the time I was back at the bar. I asked Tiny, "What do you guys have going this weekend? Sue and I are flying to Las Vegas on Sunday to begin visiting the five out of town factories next week."

Tiny said, "Good, I'm glad you're going. It's time to visit out there. Tomorrow, I'll prepare all of the numbers for each of the locations for you. All of them are doing pretty well and have been able to handle the fluctuating demand. We haven't had any layoffs so far, so the morale is still high. They do need the reassurance, because all they hear on the news are bad economic woes."

As I sat at the bar, looking around at the big extended family, I almost felt guilty because we were all well fed, and, I think, well paid. No one at the patio was without a job right now. That wasn't unusual, but it was a testament to the desire to do perfect work.

My cell phone rang and I answered it, "Steve."

"Hey, Steve, Mark here. I heard you called, what's up?"

"Is the world traveler down there?"

"You betcha, he arrived here a little after noon yesterday. We're investigating a new find the geologist has discovered."

"And what would that be?" I asked, knowing it was probably something strange.

Mark answered, "We have a natural artesian mineral well. There is a small hilly area that is mostly rocks, and we thought maybe a spring or natural cistern was spilling water over the rocks. The discovery was that the water was warm. The geologist found it and followed it up to the top of the rocks, where he found a pretty good sized pool that had warm water flowing from it. He said it wasn't hot enough to be thousands of feet deep, but was obviously the water from one of the aquifers being heated and forced upward. It has apparently been flowing for years, as the rock is worn down to a natural trough. This could become a real neat attraction; a natural mineral bath for the customers. We've got a bunch of samples we're going to have analyzed to see what is in the water. It tasted just a little salty, so there must be an area where salt water seeps into the water's path."

"That's exciting, Mark. What I wanted was to have your visitor give me a call when he can."

Mark said, "If you want to talk to him, he's right here."

I thought about it a few seconds but said, "Okay, put him on."

"Hey, Steve," came Chuck's voice, a little more excited than usual.

"How are you doing down there?"

"Great, I heard Mark tell you about the latest find. We do have good water on all three islands, as well as natural gas. I think I'm going to hunt for a company to do some off shore oil exploration between here and Limon. The geologist says there almost has to be a big deposit nearby. So what have you heard, anything?"

"That is good news about the water and gas. Mercy wanted me to tell you that she felt like this thing is ending for you. She doesn't know why, as it's one of her premonitions."

The voice on the phone said, "Then that's a good thing, almost guaranteed. I guess I'd better start for home."

I told him, "Wait, don't get in a hurry until I 'm sure. We shouldn't be talking too much on these phones but, let me make some inquiries. If it's time, I'll send someone for you and have someone else bring your transportation back."

"Sounds like a plan, Steve. Find out and let me know. Jan might have the inside scoop, and possibly Wanda, too."

Chuck said, "I talked to my lawyer down here yesterday and gave him ten million to begin the new hospital here. It's going to take about three times that much for the entire facility, but I'm going to do it. I have plenty and these people need it."

"So you're doing it on your own? You don't want help from the rest of us?" I asked this as that is a lot of money to donate to a community.

"If you or Dewey want to get in, that's fine, but I'm doing this here and have another idea for up there. I think we need to put more returning vets through school. I'm going to offer tuition and assistance to any newly returning vet in the area to go to school and get right with the world. I think a lot of them are going to want to go through your trade school, and I was thinking we could build or have an aircraft mechanic school out at the airpark. We can use it to cross-train existing helicopter and aircraft mechanics and crew chiefs."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.