Oh Crap I Died
Chapter 7: Oh Crap! This is gonna kill me!

Copyright© 2011 by Confused_Mind

Sitting alone in the dark in your mind is not such a big thing. People do it all the time, sort of, and hiding your self isn't the worst thing in the world, people do it all the time, maybe. Using it to deal with things isn't too that bad a thing, kind of. Well bullshit I say. I've seen things I had spent a lifetime gathering up and jamming into that small closet in the back of your mind, ticktick, you know the closet where you hide all the shit you pick up in everyday life, ticktick, You spend your life taking things like, little Billy beating you ass up for having a little too much personality or a nice smile that little Nancy thought was cute. You stuff the images of blood and the feelings of pain into that little room. Add the little stuff and the big stuff and all the other shit people just don't understand and you tuck that shit into that closet and slam the door shut. Keep stuffing and jamming and slamming, open close open close open close ... soon enough, after 30 to 40 years that closets pretty full. Now if you take the life of someone who has had an extra serving of shit, you might think that it wouldn't hold it all and in some cases you would be right. My case, I have a fucking singularity for a closet. The problem with that is, sometimes there are things that let the door open a bit and some of that shit escapes for a bit until I can jam it back in. This is me jamming.

I'm curled up on the dark of my mind trying to scoop out the images from my brain and hoping that whatever is happening on the outside will end and go away. I'm alone and I'm not trying to be anything but alone, Dark room, dark thoughts, dark images. Fucking fuck fuck.

I sit up with a gasp and look about. I'm in a park somewhere, I can see paths and benches and a tennis court off in the distance. I've got no idea what time it is although I can guess it to be around noon or so. I'm wearing shorts, a good thing, and I've been laying in the grass for a while, I can feel that damp itchiness you get when you've been sitting on the green grass for too long.

"Maxi, what's going on? I thought.

There was no response but I knew she was there. I could feel her presence and the rumble of thoughts from the many minds in her matrix, the flavour of them cannot be forgotten.

"Fine, I'll find out where the fuck I am without a super intelligent hive mind in sulk mode.

I stood and, looking about, started walking in a random direction. There didn't seem to be a lot of people around. Actually, there didn't seem to be anyone around. I walked through the park and onto the sidewalk next to a 4 lane road. I moved in the direction of what looked to be the city center and kept walking. It was awful quiet and it was starting to freak me out. A big city like Calgary is not a quiet city, so there should be traffic and local noises. I cocked my head and listened for some such noise, Birds, breeze, water from a fountain, jack shit. This was disconcerting.

"Maxi why the fuck won't you speak to me? I yelled out loud.

She still didn't respond, I was starting to worry about it but continued to walk. I reached a point where I had to cross a large thoroughfare when I noticed that some distance down a side street there was a police cruiser up on the sidewalk with lights flashing and what looks like an officer making an arrest. I changed direction and ambled down the sidewalk towards the cruiser. I can see the officer has the person against the front side of the cruiser and cuffed slowly dipping into pockets and pulling out stuff. I can tell as I get closer that whoever it was obviously decided to do a five finger discount shopping. Stolen goods stacked up in a neat pile by the roadside. As I got closer and picked out more detail I found the person on the car to be a nondescript mildly scruffy white male. Couldn't see his face as it was turned away from me but the officer was an older man in his mid 50's. I ambled by them and figured I'd pause and wait for the action to finish then ask where everyone was when he looked up at me and yelled. "Hey you! Didn't you hear the alerts this morning? Damn terrorists invading the city in a while."

I obviously had a blank look on my face as he clicked his tongue and returned to his work, "Don't worry, you can come with me into the safe zone once I get this punk zipped up and into the back, I'm almost finished." I nodded and stepped back to watch the proceedings. Soon the 'punk' was in the back seat of the car and I slid into the passenger side seat and buckled up. Constable Rikkard pulled back onto the street and headed off to the safe zone, wherever that was, "So how did you miss the broadcast? It was all over the media since 9am this morning?"

"I just woke up about 20 minutes ago Sir, Kind of freaked me out when I couldn't find anyone. We drove for a short while until we came upon a strange gathering of vehicles that looked a tad too familiar. Rikkard looked at this, "what the hell is all this then," he pulled up to the group of vehicles and stopped. "Wait here I'm just going to see what this is all about."

He pulled open his door and stepped out, I glanced over my shoulder to check out the guy in the back seat and was staring into the eyes of someone I was sure I'd seen before, someone from the group at Helaena's house. He looked coldly at me then turned his attention to what was going on outside. I turned to see a large gathering of people coming our way and yelled "Get in the car! It's a trap!"

Constable Rikkard's shoulder took a hit from a high powered hand gun and then his spine between his shoulder blades exploded backwards splattering the side of the car with unpleasantness, to go through his vest and do such damage meant they were using some high powered military grade weaponry. I pulled at the shotgun attached to the dash in an attempt to use it with no luck, then pushed the door open and rolled out just before a barrage of bullets caused the windscreen to disintegrate. They didn't even consider the guy in the back seat who took hits also. His window blew out along with a good chunk of him also. This was not going well. I was starting to feel a churning inside of me, a familiar edge of something, anger? Fear? I could taste something in my mouth as I kept the main mass of the vehicle between me and the shooters. It was going to get difficult soon as they were going to start spreading out and I couldn't move the car. A chunk of concrete shattered by my foot and I knew my time was almost up. I need to do something and the only thing I could think of was make a run for it as fast as possible for the ally way around the other side of the car. It was a risk but the only other result was me getting obliterated. I shimmied around to the rear of the car as quick as I could while keeping down. Gunshots rang out without stopping, once I arrived at the rear of the car, I could see there was more trouble on the way. A fleet of vehicles had just turned down the street a few blocks over and were speeding my way. I had do get out of here now or I was toast. Bracing my legs on the ground I took up a runners starting stance and mentally prepared myself for the sprint to the ally. It was probably only about 5 meters away but with constant shooting it looked like 1000 meters of hell. I waited for a few seconds for a lessoning of shots then finally gave up on that, They were just letting rip. I took a deep breath and narrowed my focus on only getting to that ally. "3, 2, 1, Go!" I passed the entry to the alley in the blink of an eye and shot out the other end of the ally equally fast. I followed the narrow tunnel of light through one ally and into the next. I must have run like this for a good 30 seconds until I slammed on the breaks. I came to a complete stop about a foot from the side of a concrete building with my hands against it. I was not breathing heavy and I was not sweating. I turned around slowly and looked back to where I came and I estimated I had run a full kilometre in a half minute, 120km/h. shaking my head I turned and jogged away from the city center, currently a dangerous place for me.

I had been jogging easily for about 15 minutes wondering where the ladies were and half paying attention to my surroundings, just focused on getting myself as far away as I could from the core of the city when I hit a wall, a wall of mental thought. I stumbled and was driven to my knees with the mental noise as powerful as standing under the launch of the space shuttle. It roared and screeched in my head the just as suddenly it faded back to background noise. I gingerly stood and began to walk again when I heard something that made me just about scream for joy.

"Maxi is sorry for everything Solomon." A whisper came sadly in my mind.

"Maxi, I don't know what you're so sad about, I've never been so happy to hear someone before in my life. What have you been doing? I wanted to talk and hear you ever since I found myself in the park. What happened and why was I there? Wait, first tell me where are the ladies?"

"Maxi is sorry to tell you bad news and must show it to you for you to know. Please be strong because you need to be and I need you to be."

I started to say something in reply when the horror movie started. I watched in with a growing raw detachment. I observed the first contact with flesh and the resultant actions which consisted of mutual and consensual rape I refused to acknowledge that this was me acting with a rational mind. It continued for a while with me observing from Sam's viewpoint then switching to my own viewpoint. After what looked like an hour, things began to settle down and we had just started to get comfortable for sleep when my viewpoint switched to Sam and her head swung around at a noise. I watched as the entire side of the campervan dissolved in a flash along with a good portion of the bed, Shakti's left arm and leg and part of her torso. She let out a gurgle as most of her innards fell to the ground below, her body followed rapidly. A troop of armed soldiers moved into view just as I let out a roar of anger and Helaena went after Shakti's body. The most forward soldier aimed a strange weapon at Helaena and from the waist up disappeared in the flash. Her lower half spewed out its contents on the ground as it fell forward with momentum. The second Soldier fired at Shakti, taking what remained of the torso and her lolling head in the same flash as before. Sam leaped as my focus retuned to me and I was able to watch as a different weapon was fired at her, another strange effect that made her look like she had been erased in a blur. I leapt out of the vehicle and landed on the first Soldier slamming him to the ground with a sickly crunch and a scream of pain arrived at the second one as his weapon just about reached aim for me. I grabbed the weapon and jerked at him. This caused the weapons stalk to slam into his collarbone with a horrid snap then I drove him down to the ground with the shattered stalk and pinned him through the shoulder to the ground. I bolted to the next in a line of 4 and drove my elbow into his chest crushing the ribs on his left side while my head struck him and snapped his head back and I drove him to the ground while I rolled over and leapt at the next person in line. Launching from the ground at an angle I was able to catch the next person off guard and drove them up into the one behind them which caused that persons weapon to go off. The center of that person's torso disappeared in a flash and his helmeted head rolled away following momentum. I continued on my path and ran nonstop for most of the night finding anyone that pointed a weapon at me and obliterating them. Suddenly the images collapsed and I dropped to the concrete as I returned to the present. My face was wet and my chest hurt. My stomach muscles burned as did my throat. I could tell I had been crying and screaming while I saw images of the people I cared for being murdered. Numbness was starting to set in and the world was becoming a tunnel with the end fleeing from me.

"Solomon, please don't leave Maxi alone." I heard the whimper in the distant part of my mind.

I could, in a distant way, feel the sadness and fear of the many minds of Maxi. It's normal to feel sadness as an individual and even normal to feel it in small and large groups but, to feel it in total of a hive mind is true sadness. It's like everyone that has ever lived, is living and will ever live on the planet earth feeling sad at once. It overwhelmed and purified the mind to sadness and suddenly the world and my surroundings clarified and solidified. Became hyper-real.

"Maxi, I am here for you and I promise on my honor I will do my best to never leave you again." It cleansed me, anyone who can feel sadness that complete should also feel equal happiness. I will do all in my power move the multiverse and make sure it happens. My resolve made me stand steady and strong. I turned to face the city core again.

"Wait!" Shouted Maxi, such a thing is jarring when it's in your mind, "Solomon cannot go closer just yet. Whoever is doing these things has started using the feeding. Maxi uses the feeding to consume microorganisms of life energy. It feels like Maxi is under constant barrage and must focus all energies on not losing the We." It has been felt before when a rogue seed attempted to feed on Maxi."

I could feel a deep fear from Maxi so I didn't move, "Maxi, how far can I walk before you feel the attack begin?"

"Maxi can feel just the edge of the feed but the full force does not happen for another stride."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.