Accidental Experiment: The Experiment Begins
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2011 by Deenara2000

Deep in a room several levels belowground in one of the most secure buildings in the world was a very luxurious set of rooms. These rooms were only known to a few people and what went on in them was even less known.

"What do you mean you lost him?" said a man with a voice like a knife.

General Gerald Lachs blanched, "That's what I said, sir. We lost the subject. One moment he's giving me grief in his room. Next the place looses all power. Then when we go to collect the subject for termination, we find he's gone. I ordered his tracking implants activated but so far nothing, sir."

The man sat. The program was even more in jeopardy than it had been with the decision to terminate the primary test subject. Now, however, things were far worse.

"Send out all agents to be on the lookout for him and the others. I'm sure his two other former teammates had something to do with this. If you have to, put out a general BOLO and see if we get any hits."

"I've already ordered both. If nothing else, this does prove the experiment was a success," said Gerald with a bit of pride.

"It proves nothing General, other than your incompetence. I want you to sanitize the area, and then begin again at the Delta site. Do I make myself clear?"

Gerald swallowed hard, "Yes Sir!" he replied. He hated dealing with this man, he thought to himself.

"And General, don't fail me again. If you do, I will see that you join the test subjects," said the man. There was just a hint of joy in his voice at what he said.

"I understand, Sir. I won't fail," answered Gerald then he hung up.

"The man is a complete moron. You should never have left such an important project to him," said a female voice as a five-foot ten-inch raven-haired beauty walked into the man's office.

"He is serving his purpose, my dear. Don't worry. His life is nearly over anyway," said the man with a smirk.

The woman walked over to the man and leaned down and kissed him.

"So what do you intend to do now?" the woman asked when she stood back up.

"I intend to have fun with you for a bit and then ... let you out to have fun hunting," said the man as he ran his hands up under the woman's sweater to her breasts. "I need the younger man and the woman back alive. The big one, you may have to play with, my dear."

The woman's face brightened, "Oh, Goodie!"

With that the man stood, taking the woman in his arms, and pulling her top off.


The dreams began just after Jen, Jason, Jon, Matt, Cathy and the girls left Mr. Daley and Dan. Jen didn't understand what she was seeing but she felt that it was from the past.

The group spent three days driving west and then north, with Jen telling the group how she felt that she was being led to some place in that direction.

It was on that third day that Jen remembered something that was said to her in one of the dreams so she turned to Cathy.

"Cathy, I know you most likely didn't know much of the family business that you married into was doing, but I think we have a problem that they may be able to help with. Or at least I hope so."

"Oh, and what might that be?" Cathy asked, "And you're right. I don't know a lot about what they were into."

"Well I'm sure that from time to time someone in the family or close to it would have needed to disappear for a while. And I would think they would have known how to let the person have the proper papers. You know drivers license and such. I do think they could get you something so you could officially practice medicine in the state we're going to, but that's not going to stop you from working the lab for us," Jen tried to explain.

"I don't think I follow. What are you asking for exactly?"

"Right now the only one that might have a valid driver's license is you and maybe Matt. Jason, Jonny and I don't dare show ours. Also when we get to where were going, we might want to get jobs or even buy land. Hell, even when you rent a house, the landlords do credit checks. And paying cash for everything with no jobs really makes people suspicious."

Cathy had never even given it a second thought but as she listened to Jen explain things, she knew they could be in a lot of trouble. She still wanted to be a people doctor, but she knew the study of what was happening was even more important.

"So what do you think we can do? And if what you say is true, how did we get away from that town with Dan. If I remember right you and the guys gave your names."

Jen flinched, she had not told everything about her dreams yet to Cathy, or to the others for that matter. She was also not paying attention to who was really around her. So when Jason spoke next it startled her.

"I was wondering that myself. How did we get out of that?"

Jen sighed, "Ok. Here goes. Just after we arrived at Cathy's place and I was helped, I heard a voice talking to me. It's a male and he's older. It feels like I'm talking to my grandfather. Anyway, he was there when the awakening happened. He was the one who made the announcement of it. After that, he talked to me some, but not a lot. I think he's the one that fed me the knowledge of what I can and can't do. However, at one point he chewed me out for being stupid about our names and that he had to use my gifts to make the people around us hear something else. He's also the one telling me where we need to go."

"And just where is it we need to go? You really haven't told us," stated Cathy.

"Montana. Whitehall Montana. There's an abandoned airfield just south and a little west of the town. That's where the voice is telling me we need to go. He hasn't told me, but I think he believes there used to be a lab there and that's where some of the shit were dealing with was studied."

"Jen, why didn't you tell us this before? We could be heading into a trap," Jason said as he started to get angry.

Jen felt a bit strange as she felt something pushing at her mind. She lowered her head and let her mind open. When she raised her head it was not her that spoke. The being chose at that moment to make itself known to everyone.

"None of you were ready for the knowledge of me," said the male voice emanating out of Jen. "I am Guy York, or at least I was. I was one of the last original researchers of a project started many years ago. I was at the lab you were sent to when the "accident" occurred. It was no accident. As I believe the one in charge planned it so he could reestablish himself. He had left a few days before. Then one of the men that worked rather closely with him caused one of our controlled experiments to fail in a way we never thought possible.

"We were working on a compound that when introduced to a subject with the potential for ESP type abilities it would enhance and awaken them. The concentration of the compound that was released was fatal to every one of us that was there. I will not go into the details of what it felt like but I can tell you that I was not the only one that did not leave this earth for the light. Most of us were so ... pissed off, that we stayed in order to find a way to get revenge. It was nearly a week later that you, Colonel and your team came. I do not know if any of the others tried but when your sergeant was going through the papers and boxing them, I reached out to her. If I could have had her for a test subject, I know we would have succeeded in what we were trying to do. Her mind was just right for an awakening. I also knew the compound that was released was still in the lab and all of you had been exposed. But with you and her and the other one that had come in, there was something that worked to bind you three together. Then somehow, as I was touching her mind, I was drawn in and couldn't get out.

"So I have ridden along as she was taken and put through a month of testing, then released to see how she handled herself with the programming they forced into her. Moreover, because of that programming I couldn't help her. That was until that asshole of a husband of hers beat her rather badly. It broke a control chip that another department developed and was being tested and used on her too. Once that was non-functional I did what I could to help her and all of you."

This was something Jason was not in the least prepared for. Cathy on the other hand seemed to have her wits still.

"Are you saying you're a disembodied spirit, hitchhiking in Jen's mind?" Cathy asked.

"That is a very good way to explain it, yes," answered the voice.

"And what do you want from us? I mean, there's nothing we can really do for you, other than to help you cross over."

"In time that will happen but for now my only hope is to impart to you and the others all of the knowledge I have so that you may fight those that would do this to you."

"Ok so why are you leading us to Montana?" asked Cathy.

"When I first joined the service I was picked with a hand full of others to work in a secret lab. The lab is just west of the Whitehall Intermediate Field. When the war ended they closed the airfield but the base remained for several years until it too was closed. I was let out of the military and went to school and became a doctor and scientist, I studied genetic anomalies. About ten years ago I was re-recruited by another group that was trying to resurrect the project. As I'm sure you have guessed it was led by General Gerald Lachs. When I tried to explain that I didn't know what he was talking about he told me that if I kept playing dumb with him, he would have my granddaughter's legs broken. Well what was I to do but go with him."

"Do you know if your family is safe?" asked Jonny, who had come and sat down about half way through the conversation.

"My last contact with them was over five years ago. I was finally given several letters from my family and there were even a few pictures. They were happy. I don't know if they got any of mine but I knew better than to write very much about anything. I can only hope that with the destruction of that lab that the powers behind it didn't choose to kill our families so they wouldn't make trouble for them. I'm sorry I cannot stay much longer. I'm too old for this. And young Jen's strength is being drained."

With that Jen's head dropped forward and then her whole body collapsed in exhaustion. Jason and Jonny both moved and caught her, pushing her back in the seat. Jonny then sat next to her.

"I wish he would have asked me before he did that," said Jen.

"And you should have told us you had a hitchhiker with you," Cathy said concerned.

"You wouldn't have believed me. Now that you know, we have more to study. But for now I need a rest and Cathy needs to see if she can't get a hold of her family to see if they can get us new identities."

Jen then laid her head over on Jonny's shoulder and fell asleep.

Cindy looked at the man she was falling in love with, "Well that told us a lot. The question is how much of it can we believe and or trust?"

"I'd have to say all of it. The voice was the same as the one I heard when our powers turned on. But whether or not that being did have a point and I'm sorry to say I missed it. We could have gotten ourselves into big trouble. We need new IDs so we can get things that we need. Now that we know where were going, I'll check the net and see if there's any info on the area and, or if there's any place for us to set up. Hell the old airfield might even be up for sale. I know the government is selling off places like that all over. They don't want the trouble of the upkeep anymore."

"Ok I'll get one of the disposable cells and call. I think I remember them doing something like that for one of the family, some time back. Well if not at least I can tell them were ok."

"If you come up with a bust I might just know someone that could help us too but let's go through your people first," finished Jason.

Cathy leaned over and kissed Jason, leaving him with a smile on his face. Then she went to the drawer, got one of the throw away cell phones and went into the back.

Cathy sat on the bed and dialed a number she hoped was still good. The phone rang and rang but if finally was answered.

"Hello?" answered a male voice.

"Hello, I'd like to speak to Barry Rabinovich, please?"

"May I ask who's calling?"

"Please tell him its Cathy."

"Cathy! My God Aunt Cathy, where the hell are you?" the voice said excitedly. The excited voice also gave away who was asking.

"Pete, is that you? Is Grandpa ok?"

"He's fine, sorta. He'll be better when you and Cindy are home."

"I think it's too hot for that at the moment but we need a bit of help that the family might be able to work out for us."

"Cathy I don't think we can help with much. Three others of our compounds were raided. Half our people were taken. We lost some in the big hit. Dad was one of them. You need to get away from those people!"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.