Some Kind of Hero - Cover

Some Kind of Hero

Copyright© 2011 by Sea-Life

Chapter 48

The rest of the day on the lake was much more laid back. After we got back, everyone else got in a little time on the jet skis, and Kelli and I got in a little time soaking up rays on the sun deck.

Minus the wet suit pieces and the life jackets, we were looking much more like sun worshipers than we had earlier. Kelli had some sun block, though I was in far more need of it than she was. She applied it liberally to me and then I had the pleasure of returning the favor. Needless to say, the first sunbathing session was done face down.

The Eagles were reunited and singing 'New Kid in Town' while we laid there, eyes closed, feeling the heat of the sun. I don't know about Kelli, but that wasn't the only heat I was feeling. I tried to take my mind off her nearness by focusing on the water.

I was a good fifteen feet above the water, which was quite a lot further away than I had ever been before when locking onto a water molecule. More importantly, I learned that I didn't need to actually see the water to lock on it. Maybe it was because there was so much of it. Maybe it was because I had seen it, and knew it was there. Maybe it was both. One thing I did know, was that water was eager. It was easy. Locking water without looking at it meant nothing – yet.

We were on our backs, sunglasses and more sun block freshly applied when everyone else came back. They were excited and a little wired from the thrill of the ride, and that was enough to get us up and moving.

"Feel like a swim?" I asked.

"Absolutely," Kelli sighed. "That sun was nice, but I'm boiling!"

"Me too," I agreed. "Lets get a drink first."

We stopped at the fridge downstairs and topped off our mostly melted and barely cool ice teas for a fresh cold batch that still had ice floating in it. A couple of long swallows and we were ready for the water. Everyone was aboard except for Ken who was tying up the last of the jet skis.

"Jump in over the side?" Kelli asked.

"Sounds like fun," I agreed. We walked over to the port side and stepped up onto the gunwale with one foot each. I reached over for Kelli's hand and she put it in mine.

"One, two, three, go!" Kelli called out and together we stepped up and jumped. We were still holding hands when we hit the water, and managed to keep our grip even after we went in, but as we surfaced, Kelli dropped my hand and momentarily turned away.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Fine," she replied. "But my new suit top isn't up to that kind of entry, so if you'll give me a moment?"

"Of course," I laughed, turning away so she could get her top where it was supposed to be.

"Okay," she said a moment later. When I turned she was along side me and reached up with her hands and arms around my neck and pulled herself up for a kiss, which pulled us both underwater momentarily. Underwater or not, the kiss was very nice. I felt my toes touch the lake bed and let our momentum carry us down a bit more before straightening my legs and pushing off the bottom. We were still kissing when we resurface, but pulled apart so we could keep our heads above the water.

We swam in the warm water of the inlet for a while, playful and teasing by turns. I think the others left us alone, knowing this was sort of a first date for us. The water was just too inviting though because eventually Gloria came flying, tucked into a cannonball, over the side to join us, quickly followed by everyone else. The play got a lot less flirty and a little more athletic, and Kelli and I joined in for a while before pulling ourselves aside to lay in the shallows to soak in the warm water.

It was very relaxing, and we held hands underwater for a long stretch of quiet, contemplative closeness.

"I'm starting to feel a little over-baked, how about you?" Kelli asked.

"Me too," I agreed, and it was true. The skin on my face in particular was starting to feel a bit tight. "I hope I'm not going to be red as a lobster at dinner later."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.