The British Sea War - Cover

The British Sea War

Copyright© 2011 by Sirdar

Chapter 6

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 6 - This is a fictional story of the sea war between 1939 and 1942 following the exploits of a few ships in the ant U Boat war in the Atlantic

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Historical   Cheating  

For the first time Commander Tony Nash wore the three full rings of a Commander RN, he had two more days leave, before he and his new wife Freda left for Birkenhead to commission the new Sloop HMS Blackbird. Although from Liverpool Birkenhead was no distance Freda decided she wanted to be with him His new ship was still finishing her short refit, of new radar and sonar equipment, and was still in a dry dock so Freda joined him, stopping in a local hotel for the two weeks before they were due to sail.

For Commander Tony Nash the thought of a command like HMS Blackbird was a dream come true. Two engines instead of one, Four 4' guns instead of one, better accommodation, and a ship which was not quite so lively in a rough sea as HMS Summer Rose. A decent sea cabin for the captain adjacent to the bridge which was big enough to sleep in comfortably although of necessity small ... Which was handy as he could leave the bridge in the care of a watch keeper, while being able to have a nap in the sea cabin while at sea, and be instantly available in an emergency...

He had a complement of five executive officers, a Surgeon, and Lieutenant (E) Engineer, as well as a Lieutenant from the Supply Branch. There were two additional Sub Lieutenants, and two midshipmen. Looking through the records of the officers he found that there were four qualified watch keepers. The reports on any of the officers left by the past Captain was not impressive. In no case did he state that any officer was above average.

The Flotilla Captain told him that HMS Blackbird would be joining others of her class, and although they would act as a convoy escort part of the time, but their primary role would be to go out and seek the U Boats before they could attack the convoy...

Her previous Captain had been promoted and sent to command one of the new escort carriers. Fondly now called Woolworth Carriers by many. He was an officer unknown to Tony. The ship at first sight seemed to be in good condition, and the First Lieutenant was obviously on top of his job, although on first meeting Lieutenant Raymond Tiley, Tony was not impressed by his attitude. He seemed sullen, and resentful, and quite quickly as the day went on Tony began to realise that HMS Blackbird was not one of the happiest ships in the service and she definitely had problems

He had to take Captains request men and defaulters on the first day in command, and he was surprised to see that there were six requests for transfers out of the ship, and four additional requests for transfers either to the Fleet Air Arm or to the Submarine Service. Many of the charges at the defaulters table were of a minor nature, and should have been a matter of a reprimand by the divisional officer concerned, or dealt with by the First Lieutenant and not put on to the captains report.

Tony was a little incensed, because he quickly realised that their was almost a mood of despair running through the ship. Although Tony knew that he had to back his officers up, but that morning he stood over a lot of the defaulters, and refused the requests for transfers for further consideration.

The First Lieutenant was unresponsive when Tony questioned him, about the state of morale on the ship, and he said "Well Number One I want to see all officers in the wardroom after lunch. In my present mood I am inclined to advise the Senior Officer that this ship is not fit for sea. until I have some replacement officers. Unless I get a radical change in attitude from the wardroom I am inclined to seek replacements."

The wardroom was very quiet when Tony entered, the officers stood to attention, and the First Lieutenant ordered them to stand at ease and sit down. When they were settled. Tony suggested that they get themselves a drink if they wished, but the First lieutenant said. The previous C.O. had ordered that the wardroom bar should not be opened until 1800 each day and not at all on Sundays.

Tony then said "Well Number One I will change that order now immediately, get the steward and get the bar open now." After every one had got themselves a drink Tony then said. "Make yourselves comfortable, but first of all, I must say that I am very concerned at the state of morale on this ship, together with the number of frivolous charges that were brought to the defaulters table this morning.

Things have to change and change quickly on HMS Blackbird, before we go to sea of that I am determined. The Ships Company seem to collectively refer to you lot as pigs, that is not unusual in the Navy, but there seems to be an awfully wide gap between the wardroom, and the lower deck on this ship. That has to change and change from today ... In future I do not want to see any more frivolous charges at the Captains defaulters, and I want all of you to start getting your departments working as a team."

"I would like to know the reasons behind. this state of affairs, so please will someone speak up and tell me what has been going on. I want a well run ship, and a happy ship as far as is possible under wartime conditions, and you are the people I expect to make this happen. This country is at war, and this ships company is made up of a motley number of people who were civilians, a few months ago. Bear that in mind before you start putting them on frivolous charges. I expect you to be leaders, and to earn the respect of your departments.".

"They did not ask to be here. Some of you I note are RNVR, and I note one of you is RNR. I will be interviewing each one of you separately in the next few days which will allow you to raise any queries or questions about this command to me in private, and this afternoon I am clearing lower deck. I shall be giving the lower deck a general idea of what I expect from them."

"The Engineer Officer spoke up. Tony saw that he was an RNR officer and obviously a Scotsman. "Aye sir I welcome what you say but yon lads here have only been obeying orders. The last captain was overly religious and particular, do ye ken. Many of the lads live on the lower deck live locally, and have wives and bairns ashore here have and they have been put under stoppage of leave for hardly nothing at all. It's no right."

"I agree with you chief. Its not right, and I propose to do something about it. But first and foremost you all have the Kings Commission. You are the leaders. From now on I want you all to prove that you are up to the job. I will have no mercy on any officer who does not perform to my satisfaction."...

That afternoon Tony cleared the lower deck, and had all hands and officers mustered on the Quarterdeck. He tried to get his message over to the ships company, and he did get a few brief smiles at the end. He finished by saying, "I am asking the First Lieutenant to give me the details of all people under punishment, and I will be reviewing all the punishments today with him."

After the meeting he called Lieutenant Tiley to his cabin and said. "Well Number One you have heard what I have to say, and what I expect from you as my second in command, it is up to you to see my orders, and my policy is carried out. You obviously run a smart ship as far as I can see. Now lets talk turkey, gloves off, and tell me any problems that you foresee." "Could we call the Coxswain in sir. He has all the records and can add to our deliberations...

The Coxswain a Chief petty Officer named Bill Parker arrived with his punishment books in a few moments. Tony said "Well Swain as you can guess, as you are responsible for discipline,. I need to know why we have so many men under punishment."

Tony was horrified as the details came to light, in all 45 men were under punishment and it was so unusual for so many men to be punished for trivial offences, and sentenced to stoppage of leave ... In particular the fact that ten of the men were married, or had families ashore, and could not get home to see them. The First Lieutenant also added, that he had two officers, who were ordered to do alternate Officer of the Day in harbour for a month for not carrying out the Captains orders to put men under punishment,.

After an hour Tony leaned back in his chair he looked at the two men and said. "I can not repeal the last Captains punishment without a lot of fuss. But I want all men under stoppage of leave as at today, to have their punishment held over for a further 21 days.

"We shall be at sea then sir." The Coxswain responded ... Tony smiled "Oh gosh Swain how remiss of me, but I cannot keep changing my mind can I now." he said with a smile.

Order the men given extra work to muster, but then be sent back to their messes if you and the First Lieutenant think that is the best way to be fair. If they happen to get ashore for a drink somehow, that's up to you Coxswain, use your judgment. However let it be known that any punishments awarded after today, will be a different kettle of fish, and based of what I determine is a fair punishment ... How you work it. I will leave to you ... I want this ship to be fit in all respects for sea ... Turning to the First Lieutenant he said ... Raymond you can sort the officers out. "In future I want you to ensure that any men put on charges are for real offences, not trivial misdemeanors ... This ship is going to war shortly, and I want a ships company who can do their jobs, without having to watch their backs all the time."

Overnight the whole attitude of the ship gradually began to change. The Flotilla Captain sent for him. "Any problems Tony? "No sir, the dockyard say they will be finished on time." The Captain laughed. You know what I mean. Off the record what have you done."

Tony explained the problems he had encountered, and how he had dealt with them, and then the Captain said.

"Your predecessor has had a mental breakdown, and I am told he has been hospitalized, but I thought that it would be better for you to deal with things in your own way without my warning you".

"That explains a lot sir, the ship was almost at a state of mutiny Sir."

After about a week.the whole mood had visibly started to change, and Freda and he were invited to dinner as guests of the officers in the wardroom. It was the first time that Freda had been on board a warship, and her vivacious outgoing personality made the dinner a real success. One officer was heard to say afterwards

"It almost makes it worthwhile to be wounded to have that lady nurse you."

But soon the Flotilla was ready for sea. They were to sail with a convoy for Halifax Nova Scotia but the Flotilla Captain said that their job first of all would be to form in line abreast several miles ahead of the convoy. The eight ships could cover a wide area of sea with their sonar. Their job together with Coastal Command aircraft would be to seek out U Boats and destroy them...

And so the Fifth Flotilla went to war. The Flotilla first of all carried out practice U Boat attacks, and gunnery shoots, and Tony was quite pleased with what he saw ... The ships company seemed to be much happier, and many of the requests for transfers were withdrawn. Two men volunteered for Submarines, but they assured him it was something they really wanted to do, so Tony granted their requests...

It was ten days later that the Flotilla found themselves travelling in line abreast searching for U Boats suspected by the Admiralty of being in the area. according to the Admiralty's intercepted signals from Germany. The weather was really bad, with a high wind and gusting rain. The ship was rolling with the high seas on their quarter and HMS Blackbird was the Starboard wing ship.

Suddenly the radar reported that there was a small echo bearing on red 20 which was just off their line of approach. Tony requested permission to investigate, and as they got nearer he was allowed to detach and search for what appeared to be an almost stationary echo. The lookouts reported that their seemed to be a life boat lying deep in the water and someone in it was baling frantically...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.