Second Semester - Working for a Living
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2011 by Barneyr

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 10 - This is the continuing story of Bob Roberts, who woke up one morning with very acute mental powers. You do not have to read “What’s All the Fuss About?” to understand this story, but it would help understand who the players are and how Bob became to be like he is.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Incest   Brother   Sister   First   Masturbation   Slow  

Sunday, 10 Mar.

I vaguely heard the alarm this morning, but I did notice my bedmate was gone shortly after that. I heard another alarm later and figured that Suzie had reset it for me. I really didn't want to get up, but the Leroys were coming over for Sunday dinner and I needed to be ready for them. I glanced at the clock as I tried to get my lazy butt out of bed; it read 10:07. I struggled from the bed, and the covers were still decent. I must have been really tired; I didn't mess up the bed after Suzie left this morning. I peed for like ten minutes, then turned the shower on. I started it out cold and then let it warm up. After getting a good scrub down, I turned the water to cold again to get all the cobwebs out of my brain.

Now refreshed, I dressed and went downstairs to see what instructions awaited me. I found the crock pot had been turned on and the roast was cooking nicely. I lifted the cover and embraced the aroma of cooking beef. I looked at mom's note to me and it said to put the potatoes, carrots, celery, frozen peas, and baby onions in at 10:45, and turn the cooker down to low. I glanced at the kitchen clock and it was ten after eleven, so I quickly found the veggies in the fridge and freezer and added them and left it on high until I finished my breakfast. I figured the extra time on high would more than make up the difference in the time if I turned it down to low. I didn't realize that I had taken so long in getting up and dressed. I guess I was really slow in getting started today. That wouldn't do, as I needed to be sharp and on my best behavior with the Leroys coming today.

While I ate, I contacted Harlou to see how things were coming. "Well met, Harlou, how are things there?"

"Well met, Bob, things were a little stressed this morning. It seems that the Orthanian council wanted Orthanon to attack me today, although they powered up their weapons, I gave 'em a reminder of why I was here and sent an electrical charge into the fire control circuits of five of their ships. It only disabled their fire control circuits, but allowed the ships to function normally. One of the ships was their fleet ship and Orthanon contacted me shortly afterwards and declared a truce. She then patched me through to their home planet council and I explained that trickery would not work, nor would going back on the truce you worked out last night. Things have stabilized somewhat after our excitement this morning. Thank you for being here, but I believe we could have handled the situation. How did you get dragged into this fight?"

I explained about the kidnapping, then said, "Harlou, I'm so glad that you were there to back me up. I'm sure I couldn't have done all that we did without you. Thank you so much. Give my regards to your family when you get the chance."

"Thank you too, Bob, and give your family and friends a hello from me. By the way, how are your friends that helped out in that other little matter last year, are they well and safe?"

"Yes, Harlou, they are well, they've become much more than just some people who fought together for a common cause. They've become very close friends, even though they are now far apart, they're communicating with each other weekly and have developed a network of friends to help others in the same situation as they had found themselves in. It is heartening to know that we played some small part in bringing about that friendship. They even planned a gathering in the central part of the US for this summer, so that they can all talk about how far they have come from being depressed and became a part of functioning society."

"Bob, please let me know when and where this is, I just might be able to make the meeting too."

"Oh, Harlou, that would be great. I don't think my young companion, Lisa, will be able to join us. Maybe she can attend when she is older. Well, I really have some cooking to attend to. My girlfriend and her parents are coming for a meal today and I need to get ready. Thank you again, Harlou, and please call me if there are problems up there."

"Thank you, Bob, and I look forward to meeting you again, just not like this."

I figured the Orthanians would try something; I just didn't think it would be this soon, but I knew Harlou could handle it just fine. Now, on to getting things ready for the Leroys.

I ran around getting the house looking nice, not that anything was bad, just some things needed straightening. I noticed the weather was turning colder later, so I made sure we had plenty of wood for the fire in the living room. I set the table and checked on the roast. It was switched to low now, and the aromas from the kitchen were heavenly. I could hardly wait until it was time to eat.

It was twelve-thirty by now, and the family should be home shortly, followed by the Leroys. I noticed that the temperature was down to 38 degrees as I was bringing the extra wood in. I checked the Weather Channel and the cold front was coming faster than predicted. The weatherman thought we would get to below freezing tonight in the lowland areas outside of Austin. That would be us. I hoped that Brenda and family had remembered to bring warm coats with them. They might have to go home to get them before coming out here. I could tell that my family had taken warmer coats because they were not in the mudroom when I went for more wood.

I had just leaned back to relax in my recliner, when I heard my dad's pickup coming in the drive. I got back up to greet my family. As I opened the door to the mudroom, Mom handed me a cake from HEB, so I put it on the counter. I hugged each one of them and welcomed them home. I inquired about church and Suzie said, "Church was cold and the pastor was very boring, so a lot of people fell asleep, I think. I know that Joe Baxter was sleeping 'cause Betty had to keep poking him when he snored. You'd think that Pastor Morse would try to talk about something a little less boring, or at least raise and lower his voice once in a while. His almost monotone is driving everyone to sleep. Well, not me or Mom, but a lot of people are nodding off every Sunday."

"Suzie, now we need to be nice to Pastor Morse. He couldn't speak in front of an audience for a long time, so we have to give him some time to get used to us and speaking," said my mother.

"But, Mom, he's been here two years now and he seems to be getting worse, not better. I liked Pastor Huntington; she was a much better speaker. I always listened to her. I learned stuff from her sermons."

"I know, Dear, but we have to accept what we get. Not many people want to live in a rural environment like this, especially when they can go to a big new church, like the one in Dallas that Melissa Huntington went to."

"Well, we shouldn't have to suffer just because we are a small church. That's all I'm saying."

"I understand, Dear, but we do have to live with what we are given. Now, Son, what have you been doing since we left this morning?"

I explained about doing everything the note said, plus getting more wood and straightening up the downstairs for company. Mom hugged me and said, "Thank you, Son; you make me proud sometimes, well, most times."

Mom ran around making sure things looked perfect. She checked the roast and made sure she had enough sauce in the pot to make good gravy. The gravy she would make would be to put over the roast and roasted vegetables. Then she shooed us out of the kitchen. So Dad, Suzie, and I went into the living room. About fifteen minutes later, I heard a car in the drive, so I went out to the back porch to greet the Leroy family. I figured to let them know we used that door more than the front.

You know it's funny, but in town or subdivisions, most everyone uses their front doors or garages for entrance into the house, but in the country, just about everyone uses the back door. I think that is because in the country, you are liable to have something on your shoes or boots that you don't want tracked into the house.

Anyway, I went out the back door and showed the Leroys into the house. I showed them where to hang their coats in the mud room and brought them into the kitchen. Mom immediately went over to hug Gabriel and Brenda, then shook Stanley's hand as I introduced each of them. Of course, while this was going on Dad and Suzie came in and I introduced them all around. Gabriel said, "What is that delicious smell, now don't tell me. It's rump roast with roasted potatoes, carrots, peas, and onions. There is a hint of garlic and something else, but it is too faint for me to smell."

I said, "I think you might mean the bay leaf and the horseradish mustard I added a little while ago."

"Horseradish mustard, huh? I'd never have thought of that."

"Yeah, we have some wild horseradish growing out by the barn. Every year we dig some up, grate it up, and grind it down almost to a paste. Then add about three teaspoons of that to a small jar of mustard and wow, what a great addition to meat, especially beef."

"Well, I can't wait to taste that with our meal," said Stan.

We all went in to the living room for a little while to get more acquainted, then Mom and Gabriel went into the kitchen, followed by Suzie, then Brenda left too. A very short time later, Mom called us to dinner. We all sat around the dining table with me between Brenda and Suzie. Mom and Dad were at the ends, with Stan and Gabriel across from me. Table conversation was light and friendly, and everyone raved about the roast.

After lots of great conversation in the living room after the food was wrapped up and put away, I think Mom and Gabby did dishes while my dad and Stan talked. Dad took Stan down to the barn and Suzie and I took Brenda up to our rooms to show her around.

Part of my straightening before anyone came home was messing Suzie's bed up a little and making sure nothing of hers was in my room. When the three of us came downstairs, Mom was making up a jar of our homemade horseradish paste for Gabby to take home with her. We all wandered back to the living room for a while, then the parents went to the kitchen for coffee. I think it was to let us kids alone, as well as for them to talk about other things.

We were talking and I was about ready to tell Brenda some about my relationship with Suzie when I got a 'call' from Nathan. "Bob, I wanted to call you and let you know that we will be in Round Rock sometime just after four, depending on the traffic. We will try to get checked in and then meet you guys at Gino's about six to six thirty. I can let you know more once we get closer, OK?"

"Nathan, that is fantastic. We all look forward to meeting you. See you Wednesday at Gino's. I have company right now or I would talk longer."

"I understand, see you soon, Bob."

Needless to say, Suzie saw immediately what had happened and B2 took over for me, but not before Brenda noticed something was not quite right. What do I do? I guess it was time to come clean with her, but it still must be kept a secret.

"Brenda, Honey, there is something you need to know, but it is a very big secret thing. This is so secret that I must command you that you never tell another soul."

Brenda's eyes glazed over for a moment, then she said, "Yes, Bob, I understand that this is a secret that must never be leaked. I promise you that I will not reveal your secret."

Then I said, "Brenda, you know how, since about last October, I've seemed different to you, and really to everyone. Well, I am different; I can talk to people in their minds, even over great distances. I just received a call from a friend of mine in Oklahoma; he was telling me that he and his fiancée will be in Round Rock on Wednesday evening. He has to go to San Antonio to see a doctor on Thursday and will be going home on Friday."

"But how can he call you, can he talk to other people's minds, too?"

"Yes he can, but it mainly originated with me. I hear a slight sound in my head, then a picture of who is calling me shows up in my mind and I open a channel so we can talk back and forth. See it kind of goes like this." The last part I said to her in her mind.

She flinched when I first started speaking, but settled right down. "Bob, I don't know what to say, but is that why all the girls hang out with you, you somehow call them to you?"

"Not really, I think it's because I have this aura about me that calms others and allows them to see me in a non-threatening way. I still don't know everything about this yet, but it has helped me somewhat."

"So this is the big secret? How come I can't tell anyone about ... OH!! I see, if people found out about this, you wouldn't be here very long before someone or some government wanted to find out how you did this. Can you do other things too? I mean like move things, control people or animals, stuff like that?"

"Yes, to some degree, I can do all that. But I usually don't use it at all, except for doing good things. I helped some military guys that had come back from the war and they were messed up both physically and mentally. That is how I met my friend, Nathan, Nathan Two-Feathers. He is who is coming down here Wednesday."

"Can I meet him, Bob; I want to ask him how you helped him get better. What was wrong with him?"

I explained about Nathan and how he got hurt. I also explained about his being a shaman in training. But I really didn't get very involved with it; I didn't want her parents to hear our conversation. I restated the command for my powers to remain a secret and we stopped talking about that subject. A little while later, Stan came into the living room and said, "Punk'in, it's about time to go home, tomorrow is a school day after all." We got up from the couch and shook hands and hugs with everyone, then Brenda said, "Daddy, can I have supper with Bob and his family Wednesday evening, he's meeting a friend of his who is a Marine hero. He is stopping by to see Bob and his family, as he has to go to San Antonio to see a doctor. I would really like to meet a real live hero, can I, please?"

"Well, I guess there is no harm in that, if the Roberts don't object. But I think it is kind of late to be pushing yourself in on this family meeting. What do you think, Gabby?"

"Stan, Kris was telling me about this young man they are to meet for the first time Wednesday, but it seems Bob and Nathan know each other from some mutual acquaintance of theirs called Angel. For myself, I would not object to meeting this young man and telling him how much I appreciate him for serving. How about you, Stan, would you like to meet a real live hero?"

"Gabby, yes, I would consider it an honor to meet him; that is, if we aren't horning in on some special family deal."

"Stan, I would love for your family to join us at Gino's for supper on Wednesday evening. In fact, I insist on it. I too am in awe of what this young man has done and how he has overcome his disability to become what he is today. I understand that he is up for election as the Kiowa tribe Shaman this fall. I hope he wins the election. I think I talked to him on the phone once, and a nicer young man I don't think you'll find anywhere," said my dad.

"Good, Paul, what time?"

Suddenly everyone looked at me and I said, "Nathan said he would be at Gino's between six and six-thirty. He hoped to get in about four to the motel."

"Then 6 to 6:30 it is, see you all then," said Stan. They all gathered their coats, Gabby made sure she had her jar of horseradish paste, and they went out into the cold to go on home.

Once we were back inside, Dad asked, "When did Brenda know about Nathan coming here this week, Bob?"

"Bob let it slip that a friend was coming and then when she pressed him for details, he did tell her some about him, but not everything." Ratted out by my own sister, who would have thought?

"Yes, I told Brenda a little about me. I said I could talk to people in their heads, but I gave her a mental command that my secret could not be told. I never said she couldn't say anything about Nathan, but Mom, you said something about Nathan to Gabriel too, didn't you?"

"Yes, Gabby and I were talking and she suggested something about the two of us meeting Wednesday evening to talk about you two kids and cooking. She wanted me to come to her house when I got off, and I would only be a little late coming home. I told her we had other plans and explained about Nathan, and she said she understood. But I didn't tell her he was a war hero; just that a friend of Bob's from out of town was coming by to eat with us."

Paul said, "First, Bob, I'm not sure you should have said anything to Brenda about your powers. It is far too early for you to be talking about that with someone outside the family, and secondly why would you even say anything at all about that now?"

"I can answer that, Dad," piped up Suzie. "Bob got a 'call' from Nathan and Brenda saw the funny look Bob gets when he is talking to someone for any length of time. You know the look, we have seen it enough times. I know it is a fleeting look, but she spotted it and asked what happened. Well, things just tumbled from there. But, Dad, if Brenda is going to be Bob's wife, then don't you think she has a right to know before things get too involved. I mean if they break up or anything, Bob can just erase that part of her memory, just like he did for Mr. Thornton last year when I hit Jimmy 'cause he touched my boob. So what's the big deal?"

"Bob, are you that sure that Brenda is the one? I mean you haven't known her that long, have you?"

"Dad, I think I first met Brenda in second grade. Well, that's when I really first noticed her. We have been schoolmates since then, we have had several classes together, and she told me that she has had a secret crush on me since fifth grade. When I changed last October, her feelings for me increased tenfold. That's why she and I are together right now; she was the first girl of my entourage. As for me; my feelings for her are about the same as I feel about Suzie, and you know how much I love her. This is somehow a little different, but just as strong. Unless things drastically change, I plan on asking Brenda to marry me the first chance I get, once I'm older of course.

"Somehow deep inside me I know this to be true, whether it is destined to be or if I somehow know my future is with her; I just don't know. I do know how I feel about her, how I feel when I'm with her. Some people have said that there is this aura about us when we are together that says we are one. I don't know, but is that love? I sure hope so, 'causes if it isn't, then I don't know what it is. Is what you feel for Mom, like that? I mean I would gladly lay down my life for her if it meant that she would live. Is that love?"

"Son, I think I understand now. Yes, that is love in its deepest form. That's how I love your mother and that's also how much I love both of you. I will also admit that there is something there when you and Brenda are together. It is not something tangible that you can point to and say there, that is what true love is all about, but I think I now see what you are saying.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.