Into the Shadows
Chapter 14: Here's The Deal

Copyright© 2011 by Vlfouquet

"What ... what do you want with me?" Stanley stuttered.

"I just want to talk for now." Cassie said. "Let's go have a cup of coffee in the Student Union."

Cassie turned and headed toward the Student Union. Charles stepped to the side of Stanley and nudged him in direction that Cassie was going. Grace was right behind Cassie. Like always, she had her back.

The walk to the Student Union took about ten minutes and Cassie's mind was rolling over and over that whole ten minutes. What were those images she had about her and Stanley all about? Was he one of her distant relatives on her mother's side of the family? Yes, she had a lot of questions to get answered.

As they walked up the steps to the door into the Student Union, another student opened the door to exit. As the glass door swung open a beam of light was reflected off of it. Cassie flinched as a sharp pain throbbed through her eyes. Almost by instinct, she whipped out the sunglasses she wore to keep people from noticing her distant stare when she faced them.

Grace had noticed the flinch, "Cassie what's wrong?"

She eased up closer to her, just in case Cassie had detected some danger that she, herself, had not noticed.

"Nothing Grace, just a sharp pain in my eyes. It's okay."

With that she grabbed the door handle and pulled it open as she stepped into the Union. There were students all over the place, some studying together, other playing games. In one corner a group was watching TV, while in the corner making up the coffee shop were more drinking and chatting. Cassie headed to the counter where her group placed their orders.

"My invite so I'll pay."

She placed a credit card on the counter. Soon all four coffees were on a tray that she picked up and carried over to a distance table with nobody near it.

After sitting, Cassie watched Stanley as they all sipped their coffee. The coffee seemed to settle him down some. "Do you know who I am?"

"Ah egh, not really, we knew some of the families were hunting for a person with your name but we did not know why."

"Did you know of Cassandra Howly Alanson?"

"Of course, everybody in the family knew of her. She was the greatest Seer the family had produced in centuries. When she died it was a great loss to us. We did not know who she picked as her successor."

"I was born the day after she died. She left everything to me. My dad is still finding hidden assets after more than 14 years. I was named after her. Now, here's the deal. A year or so ago I was attacked up in Idaho. There were 11 men and 1 woman. 1 man and the woman were allowed to escape. Between me and the other Deputy U.S Marshal we killed 10 men that day."

"About six months ago a contract was put out on my father and mother. It was stopped. The crime family in Cleveland, Ohio that took the contract no longer exists. I talked to the local Mafia's Don and he passed the word:' Attack me or my family and you die and all your family and pets die.' Now I don't know which branch of the family you are part of, so you contact yours and let them know the same. One of these days I would like to get better acquainted with my mother's family but right now I'm not very happy with them."

"Take another look at my badge and think about what it means." She laid her credentials open in front of him. He absently picked them up while staring at her once more. He glanced down at her badge then looked back at her with a double take as he stared at her badge.

"Presidential! What..."

"That is correct. I am a Special Deputy US Marshal appointed by a Presidential Executive Order with the power of a full US Marshal and my jurisdiction is anywhere under the laws and jurisdiction of the United States of America. I answer only to the President not even to the Attorney General. I can call on any Federal Law Enforcement or Military to support me. One branch of my family is already in trouble because they attacked a Federal Agent. Tell your branch not to make it a twofer."

"Well Stanley, please let me know what they have to say." Cassie stood up with her people covering her as she left the Student Union.

It was a week later that Stanley sat down next to her in Psychology. He did a quick look around and leaned closer.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.